ed ohmnes

So where are we at in the quarterback spot. With Glenn they were competitive, but now the riders look to be in a tough spot.  Do you just give bridge the team and let him go, or pull him and see who fares the best with whoever is left?

depopulationINC

So where are we at in the quarterback spot.  With glen they were competitive , but now the riders look to be in a tough spot.  Do you just give bridge the team and let him go , or pull him and see who fairs the best with whoever is left?
Bridge had a bad game.  Don't write him off because he had a bad one.  The play calling didn't help...but he played bad.  It is still Zach's team.  

eyebleedgreen

Give Bridge the reigns but help him out with the play calling. I don`t remember 1 carry by Messam. And I`m starting to think Jones doesn`t Care about bolstering his O-Line at all. If one of our starters was hurt, the next man up was Eddie Steele, a DT. C`mon Jones

depopulationINC

Give Bridge the reigns but help him out with the play calling. I don`t remember 1 carry by Messam. And I`m starting to think Jones doesn`t Care about bolstering his O-Line at all. If one of our starters was hurt, the next man up was Eddie Steele, a DT. C`mon Jones
There are a couple moves tentatively coming on the OL this week.  Zver retiring kinda stung and Aduesi was a surprise...he had a fabulous camp and then just tanked with the lights on...that is on the OL coaching.  Steele is actually a solid OG.  In all honesty I would rather see him in the game, blue at C and Clark on the pine.

This was always the idea with Messam once Thigpen was back and Mason was immersed.  Messam can't take 20 carries game in and game out...he is there to be a situational back.  Nothing has changed there.

GC Bound

I don't think there's any choice but to weather the road Jones has built.
I'm all for cutting my team slack but the fact remains, management of the Riders has become concerning imo.
It is early in the season (cutting slack) and there have been injuries (cutting slack) so we'll see.
The next 2 games against the eastern's best team Hamilton Ticats I think will show what we have to look forward too for the remainder of 2018
Go Riders Go

tcmike

Bridge had a bad game.  Don't write him off because he had a bad one.  The play calling didn't help...but he played bad.  It is still Zach's team.  
Zach is concussed, and will most likely have another unless he is protected better. He won't scramble like he used to a few seasons ago so he's not helping himself either. Not the same QB he was. Bridge was not given a chance to bounce back against Montreal. He has game but Jones has no faith. 
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

Abendschan

Bridge was not given a chance to bounce back against Montreal. He has game but Jones has no faith.
Goes more deeper than faith is called taking a risk, make a change at QB for second half - play Dave Watford and see what happens. Jones has faith - Bridge gets the start against Hamilton.

depopulationINC

Goes more deeper than faith is called taking a risk, make a change at QB for second half - play Dave Watford and see what happens. Jones has faith - Bridge gets the start against Hamilton.
I agree.  Bridge seemed to be in his own head a bit.  I expect to see him calmer this week, but I think he got a little overhyped and was reading things poorly.  He seemed to forget a lot of the things he has improved on.  That said...McAdoo needs to move his release point / move the pocket some.  Yes, it chops the field/targets down, but that is probably a good thing for now.  OL is struggling and Bridge is a little too wide eyed.  

greenandwhite

I agree.  Bridge seemed to be in his own head a bit.  I expect to see him calmer this week, but I think he got a little overhyped and was reading things poorly.  He seemed to forget a lot of the things he has improved on.  That said...McAdoo needs to move his release point / move the pocket some.  Yes, it chops the field/targets down, but that is probably a good thing for now.  OL is struggling and Bridge is a little too wide eyed.  
It seemed like Bridge tried to get a little too fancy last week. Pulling the ball and trying to pass when he could have gotten 5-7 with a handoff. He also needs to put a little more touch on the ball at times. Like that pick off Roosevelt. You dont always need to throw the ball through your reciever to be successful 

Iconic SR

I agree.  Bridge seemed to be in his own head a bit.  I expect to see him calmer this week, but I think he got a little overhyped and was reading things poorly.  He seemed to forget a lot of the things he has improved on.  That said...McAdoo needs to move his release point / move the pocket some.  Yes, it chops the field/targets down, but that is probably a good thing for now.  OL is struggling and Bridge is a little too wide eyed.  
I expected a lot more from Bridge. He’s been adamant that he thinks he’s starter material but yet when handed the golden chalice he dropped it. Hard. IMO Jones has him positioned where he should be at #2 - with Watford close behind. If we don’t see some poise and confidence from Bridge tomorrow night I’m not even sure he has what it takes at all. This is his 4th year in this league. 

Users Online

73 Guests, 9 Users (12 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RM14, mycko75, ExPat, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, IceTheKicker, btharner, MrLucky, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)