depopulationINC

So Bridge is starter this week then? Damn.
I'd love to see Bridge do good as a young Canadian QB, but he has some big problems with his game that I just don't see ever working out. His throwing motion is awful, he has a canon, but he takes to long to release the ball. This also makes hI'm less accurate. To much movement makes it harder to consistently place passes in the right spots.

I'd rather see them give Adams a chance, but apparently Bridge is their man.
I am not the biggest Bridge fan....but he is the poster boy for good throwing motion compared to Adams

depopulationINC

I'd love to see Bridge do good as a young Canadian QB, but he has some big problems with his game that I just don't see ever working out. His throwing motion is awful, he has a canon, but he takes to long to release the ball. This also makes hI'm less accurate. To much movement makes it harder to consistently place passes in the right spots.

With the long, laborious throwing motion I think Bridge will suffice vs. weak and positional type defenses - - - when he's challenged with vicious and persistent bull rushes he'll be hard-pressed to complete his normal checkdowns and release the ball in due time. Timing is everything - if he's given tons of time he'll be OK, facing men with malicious intent - his stats will drop and he'll either have to absorb some hellacious sackings or toss the ball prematurely, facing pick after pick!
He's 6'4" vs. Glenn's 5'8" so he should have some better views - but make no mistake Kevin Glenn never relied on his field vision, especially under duress - he basically threw to points
While a slow release is bad for checkdowns, the biggest concern is timing routes...and that is huge for this O and it is why the staff has been so frustrated at times in practice.  Of the 3 backups...Williams honestly seems the best fit, even if he is not as accurate as the other 2

Slow releases on timing routs can be disastrous

PrideLivesHere

FYI - Roster came out today. Glenn is listed as #1
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006

Jindred

I am not the biggest Bridge fan....but he is the poster boy for good throwing motion compared to Adams

Haven't really seen much of Adams tbh. If he has that bad of a motion then I guess Bridge will have to do. At least both are mobile.. 

Are we talking a Tim Tebow motion for Adams? 

depopulationINC

Haven't really seen much of Adams tbh. If he has that bad of a motion then I guess Bridge will have to do. At least both are mobile..

Are we talking a Tim Tebow motion for Adams?
I am not sure if it is Tebow bad, but it is perhaps equal in a different way.  I am not sure if it is "bad" but it is definitely "different" which makes it hard for OCs and QB coaches

Taleback

I'm hoping they at least start Bridge even if Glenn would be at 90%. Let him go for a while and if he is  not getting it done then put Glenn in. This game should be winnable with Bridge being decent and Glenn is a must going into the stretch run, hate to see him re-injure it for nothing.

depopulationINC

I'm hoping they at least start Bridge even if Glenn would be at 90%. Let him go for a while and if he is  not getting it done then put Glenn in. This game should be winnable with Bridge being decent and Glenn is a must going into the stretch run, hate to see him re-injure it for nothing.
I totally agree.  when I talked to him he said it was fine and all...but throwing 50 footballs is a different story.  With the type of passer he is I tend to think the slightest of hand injury is very significant.  Tough spot as they need this game.  Assuming that the Lions lose to the Stamps in Calgary...this puts the Riders in a playoff spot again and the teams each face are flipped next week...except Hamilton travels all the way out to BC.

8 games remaining and realistically they need to take at least half of those to be contenders for post season....this one lays in the more winnable column. So does Montreal and their hot mess, Toronto, and at least a split with Ottawa. 

Users Online

93 Guests, 3 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
jim43bob, PTBO Dave, stevehvh, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 140. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)