StormRider1

My understanding from what I have read, Franklin is under contract for 1 more year.

bowl450

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
Mentioned earlier that Dunk is now saying Franklin is not a FA.  
Like I said....I question if it is the same source as this...was stated he was a FA a few weeks back:

Dave Campbell
?@Dave_CHED

Dave Campbell Retweeted Onside CFL Fantasy

From the lips of Ed Hervey in a conversation with me weeks ago, James Franklin is under contract for next season.

Jones being with the Edmonton organisation in the 14 and 15 seasons would he not know the length of Franklins contract ?

depopulationINC

Quote from: "bowl450"
Quote from: "depopulationINC"
Mentioned earlier that Dunk is now saying Franklin is not a FA.  
Like I said....I question if it is the same source as this...was stated he was a FA a few weeks back:

Dave Campbell
?@Dave_CHED

Dave Campbell Retweeted Onside CFL Fantasy

From the lips of Ed Hervey in a conversation with me weeks ago, James Franklin is under contract for next season.

Jones being with the Edmonton organisation in the 14 and 15 seasons would he not know the length of Franklins contract ?

Like I said...he signed him....so yes....barring a new contract having been signed...but that doesnnt appear to have happened

Lyle B. Style

SECOND AMENDMENT

1.   The individual team forums are 'safe havens' for the fans of that team and are off-limits for trash-talk from fans of other teams. Take it to the main forum or it will be deleted, or worse, your post will be edited to make you look silly.

Post removed. - Sully
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

ed ohmnes

Rider fans in are a lot smarter than yogurt,  why don't you go on your own teams web. Or is there no interest there .

depopulationINC

You guys need to grow the F up with this Corky stuff.  It is disgusting that you poke continually with Down Syndrome like it is some joke with antics like this.  Seriously...grow up and show some respect or ship out.

nythril

There are no rules on the forum anymore.... it's no wonder they are dying

ed ohmnes

Sounds like durant is a little disapointed with the way contract talks are going, I sure hope that things turn around, I don't know what to make of this, if he says he's already taken 2 cuts in pay, what more can he do.

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "Lyle B. Style"
Regina is the one market where you can take the fans for granted.

Corky don't care what fans think - and with a new toy next season at Mosaic there will be more automaton fans than ever before.

With Durant - and a Murphy/Corkian roster overhaul the riders promise to be no better than an 8-10 team.... which will have tons of rider fan automatons happy as stink (the provincial flavour)

If Corky can somehow pry J Franklin loose from Edmonton - with a high draft pick and a wheelbarrow full of money they could be anywhere from 8-10 to 11-7 and Corky would survive any minor fan or media mutiny. Remember most media in Sask'n are either employed by the Riders or they're terrified of losing their standing within the team infrastructure!

The worst fans can just turn their inner hatred or rage towards truth-tellers like myself - without addressing the real problem (Corky's attitude and the board's fear of terminating him) and that seems to give them some off-season satisfaction. But the 2017 season begins today for the woeful Riders - lets see what they do first with DD before other manure breaks loose! :cowboy:

How can we put it nicely? Your presence is not welcome here so please vacate this forum and do not return ever again.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
Sounds like durant is a little disapointed with the way contract talks are going, I sure hope that things turn around, I don't know what to make of this, if he says he's already taken 2 cuts in pay, what more can he do.

I can't blame him for feeling that way...he wants to be a Rider and it is important to him.  He has laid out a more than fair offer.  That said...DD has stated he prefers negotiating in the offseason...it is a big distraction during.  I know the Brass (I think it was Murphy) stated that they wanted to start talks early so that there was lots of time...and there is.  I think the downfall with lots of time is that things can easily progress slower because there is all that time and nobody feels "gotta get this done" kicking in....when things are not progressing fast I can see how one might feel things are going poorly a lot easier...and hey...maybe it has hit a wall...but at the same time Murphy stated that he felt something might be done within a week or so...which means some time next week potentially....so perhaps while DD made an offer and it was not immediately accepted and is thinking the worst the staff is going "hey, we are close here"...perhaps they have pushed it to the side because they feel it is close enough to wait until the end of the season so that they can lock up a few other players...like Roosevelt.  Speculation...but I mean it is a day post regular season.  If it had not come out that talks were ongoing nobody is sweating this at all at this point...more just saying "are they talking."  As for paranoia that Jones does not actually want DD back that I know some are naturally feeling...if that was the case he would have worked out a trade...ie when Montreal offered, or to the Bombers seeing as they have 2 first round picks.  If he seriously felt that they were not going to be able to work something out no way does he not trade the DD...he wouldn't care about potential backlash...he would get players/picks to help the team and then put the QB money into someone else....not let him walk for nothing.

bohdon

Lyle P O SHYT GTFO .

WTF? are there any mods here or what ...... get that piece of shyt out of here....... yesterday......

ed ohmnes

Well I hope they don't let him walk, my personal opinion is that it's not everyone who will stay in sask. And play, so when you get someone of his quality you might think twice before letting him go, but they need to bring someone along, you definitely need a back up who can move the ball, get ready to take over .

Taleback

Depop, Do you know if Durant has a no trade clause request in there? If not, and his demands are truely fair and as you stated, a lot less than he could get elsewhere, why not just get the deal done, then down the road if Jones' is regretting his decision to sign him or in his opinion a better option has become available, simply trade him then? By not approaching it this way it tells me Jones is sincere in wanting Durant as his Q.B. and just needs a little more time to get everything right in his own head about it before committing and then honoring the deal that eventually gets signed.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "Taleback"
Depop, Do you know if Durant has a no trade clause request in there? If not, and his demands are truely fair and as you stated, a lot less than he could get elsewhere, why not just get the deal done, then down the road if Jones' is regretting his decision to sign him or in his opinion a better option has become available, simply trade him then? By not approaching it this way it tells me Jones is sincere in wanting Durant as his Q.B. and just needs a little more time to get everything right in his own head about it before committing and then honoring the deal that eventually gets signed.

Interesting question, but not that I had noticed no.  I am actually not sure if the CFL would approve that...I can't think of a case that it existed.

As for the deal...he wants a fair bit upfront...that is a valid point of contention, though I do believe the figure he wants is manageable.  The other point of contention is base vs bonus/incentive.

I agree with the last part for sure...Jones would not go into this w/o signing him as the #1 goal...he simply wants to ensure that it is a contract that protects the team and allows signing a QB behind him that can get raises each season.

GC Bound

"Negotiation at a Stand Still"
Frankly after listening to DD in his interview, I personally am extremely 'Pd OFF'.
I gotta say I really do not feel confident that Darian Durrant will be back with the Riders next season.
I believe the way JONES has handled the negotiations and dragged his feet shows me little confidence in him "truly wanting" DD back.
If DD is not signed to be the RoughRiders QB I for one will not be renewing my Season Tickets. I also believe many others will not either.
I was willing to give Jones the benefit of the doubt however if DD is not signed...
 no longer!!! :cowboy:

Users Online

99 Guests, 4 Users (12 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
cividan, PTBO Dave, JoeyT, Yahoo!, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 173. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)