Iconic SR

Oh so close. We can't play only 30 minutes of offence and expect to win tho.

Kudos to the Argos, particularly Trestman and Ray as they advance to the GC game. Hopefully someday the city of Toronto will actually give a shit, but we know that won't happen.

depopulationINC

Glenn and Roosevelt not reading the secondary at all the same
IMO Roosevelt read it properly

Cost the game.

nythril

I still feel there needs to be a full accounting from the CFL on the upholding  on the late hit on Glenn. Not a chance that's not RTP.  So when command accepted it as legal - I want to know the rational as its not a vague hit.  Again - good teams play through poor officiating and the Riders looked like the Riders of last year - dwelling on poor officiating instead of playing through it. Good teams know that there are games where nothing goes your way - either through luck or calls. Hopefully this helps the riders grow and mature as a team.

Now so that no one can suggest I am saying they lost because of the officials - the Riders were ahead and needed to stop them on one drive - Full credit to the argo's for that final drive and score - that won the game.

If folks would have asked up till the 1/2 point of the season - no one would have guessed we would have gone this far so well done and looking forward to next season.

depopulationINC

I still feel there needs to be a full accounting from the CFL on the upholding  on the late hit on Glenn. Not a chance that's not RTP.  So when command accepted it as legal - I want to know the rational as its not a vague hit.  Again - good teams play through poor officiating and the Riders looked like the Riders of last year - dwelling on poor officiating instead of playing through it. Good teams know that there are games where nothing goes your way - either through luck or calls. Hopefully this helps the riders grow and mature as a team.

Now so that no one can suggest I am saying they lost because of the officials - the Riders were ahead and needed to stop them on one drive - Full credit to the argo's for that final drive and score - that won the game.

If folks would have asked up till the 1/2 point of the season - no one would have guessed we would have gone this far so well done and looking forward to next season.
It wasn't late and it wasn't high.  It was a step or 2 and it was right at the top of the front of his chest.

nythril

Disagree - RTP is not just head shots - had the Defender pulled his hand back in instead of extending it - I would have agreed with you

depopulationINC

Disagree - RTP is not just head shots - had the Defender pulled his hand back in instead of extending it - I would have agreed with you
And I am  sure that while he is reaching out to hit Glenn that stopping that momentum and reversing it  in one step is realist to some.  Not to me.

nythril

And I am  sure that while he is reaching out to hit Glenn that stopping that momentum and reversing it  in one step is realist to some.  Not to me.
He could have moved his arm in .... I get it he cant stop his body and the momentum. This is Moot at this point though.

patcarm

Riders season was way beyond any fans expectations for 2017.   There is way more upside for this team now.  They needed to experience the agony of defeat to mature and today that happened.  This game will take them into 2018 with BIG expectations from themselves AND the fans.

greenandwhite

Riders season was way beyond any fans expectations for 2017.   There is way more upside for this team now.  They needed to experience the agony of defeat to mature and today that happened.  This game will take them into 2018 with BIG expectations from themselves AND the fans.
Calgary has shown some signs of being on their way out. I expect it to be Sask and Edmonton fighting for the division next season. 

Taleback

IMO, with Argos first and goal from the one, with 48 seconds left, Let them get in on first down. You have 45 seconds left to answer. 3 stops from there isn't going to happen. Instead, stop on first, and a crucial 22 seconds gone till the inevitable.

Iconic SR

Riders season was way beyond any fans expectations for 2017.   There is way more upside for this team now.  They needed to experience the agony of defeat to mature and today that happened.  This game will take them into 2018 with BIG expectations from themselves AND the fans.
Calgary has shown some signs of being on their way out. I expect it to be Sask and Edmonton fighting for the division next season.
I don't know about that. Stamps mgmt and coaching is so focused and well oiled that they annually debut a team that expects and plays like they are going to win a GC that season. They don't play for the fans, they play for themselves.

As long as Huf and Dickenson are involved I can't see this changing.

This is the culture I believe Reynolds and the Riders BOD is trying to establish here as well. Obviously the fan situation here is unique, and they will always be synonymous, but also having a mentality of complete internal motivation and GC championship expectations is utopia I think.

GABallan

The Roughriders had to compete against the officials as well as the Argos.  A blatant roughing the quarterback penalty should have been called in the first half but the replay officials decided against it. In the second half a Rider player tackled an Argo ball carrier and got flagged for unnecessary roughness.  There was no roughing.  It was simply a tackle being finished.  This specific play would have stalled the Argos drive but because of the penalty the Argos went on the score a TD.  How is a team supposed to compete fairly if the officials can't call a decent game?

Iconic SR

Don't get me going, lol

nowhereman

The Roughriders had to compete against the officials as well as the Argos.  A blatant roughing the quarterback penalty should have been called in the first half but the replay officials decided against it. In the second half a Rider player tackled an Argo ball carrier and got flagged for unnecessary roughness.  There was no roughing.  It was simply a tackle being finished.  This specific play would have stalled the Argos drive but because of the penalty the Argos went on the score a TD.  How is a team supposed to compete fairly if the officials can't call a decent game?
Take care of your own business...and DONT THROW 3 PICKS, two of which resulted in TO points (one a pick 6)!!

GABallan

If the two pics that resulted in Argo points hadn't happened the Riders would have won but the poor officiating didn't help either.

Users Online

99 Guests, 21 Users (17 Spiders, 9 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
of course, Phantom67, rotrhed, GC Bound, Balticfox, hawthy, Mightygoose, ExPat, ticat1, Grover, ticats28, schmenger, Google (AdSense) (10), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 151. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)