JimmytheGreek

http://ticats.ca/austin-appoints-june-jones-as-head-coach-of-tiger-cats/

Kent Austin, Vice President of Football Operations of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, announced Thursday that June Jones has been appointed Head Coach of the football club. Jones joined the Tiger-Cats earlier this month as Assistant Head Coach on August 2.
“June and I have established a great relationship, and I feel comfortable and very confident with him handling the on-field product moving forward,” said Austin. “This organization, its fans and partners deserve a championship calibre team and we fully expect to work together to return us to that level.”
In over four seasons at the helm in Hamilton, Austin has led the Tiger-Cats to two East Division titles, three Eastern Final appearances, and Grey Cup games in 2013 and 2014. The team also finished top-two in the East in four consecutive seasons (2013-16) under Austin, marking only the second time (1998-2001) the Tiger-Cats had done so since the 1960’s.
Jones has served as a head coach for over 20 years in his career, including stints in the NCAA at Southern Methodist University (2008-14) and the University of Hawaii (1999-2007), and in the National Football League.

Wow I thought something may happen in the off season but I guess enough is enough. 

Abendschan

The article speaks well of Austin who took a step forward, a positive one for Hamilton to swing out of the mud so to speak. Injuries comes to mind too on the downside focus - do hope for a win though over Toronto on Labour day.  
Empire Stadium Nov. 1st 1970 -  Autograph by Jack Abendschan

depopulationINC

Well...gotta hand it to the man.  Not many would be willing to step aside like that to try to shake things up for a team he had likely all but lost.

GC Bound

Definitely a respectful move.
Personally I've always had respect for Kent Austin. Since last season he's lost the 'coaching backbone' of the team imo  and that's literally impossible to recover from in one season.
Anyway, his record only speaks of being a winner. I've said it before, but I have always wanted to see him in Saskatchewan again.....

depopulationINC

Definitely a respectful move.
Personally I've always had respect for Kent Austin. Since last season he's lost the 'coaching backbone' of the team imo  and that's literally impossible to recover from in one season.
Anyway, his record only speaks of being a winner. I've said it before, but I have always wanted to see him in Saskatchewan again.....
Great football mind.
I've always chuckled that he had to run for his life in the 90s to get out of town...but great football mind...that lacks some people skills clearly and unfortunately 

Users Online

167 Guests, 9 Users (17 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, everyman, Red Head, kfan, Grover, KevinRiley2, nythril, DavidThompson, RichardVeilleux, Google (16), Alexa

Most Online Today: 193. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)