Iconic SR

All you have to do is look at all the empty seats in 2015 and 2016 later in the year when the team was eliminated form playoffs to see that it isn't invincible. Have some not so stellar seasons and demand will decrease, now that the Newness of the stadium is wearing off. Heck, even last year when Edmonton was in town for the 3rd place showdown there were thousands of empties at that game, because of a little thing like cold.
exactly

It is not speculation, it is well shown from history to be true.  Green goggles are far too thick sometimes, and it is that arrogance some bring that makes many hate the team.

And yeah, just because I get our tickets for free doesn't mean I don't understand.  I have actual expectations from the club when they hand them to me.  
Anyone who gets something for free can’t empathize with those who pay with their after tax hard earned dollars for season tickets. We are talking tens of thousands of dollars here. Maybe a hundred grand over time - depending on how many one pays for and for how long. It’s not a slight, rather a fact. This season, our commitment is $4,500. Yours is what, $0? But yet you know how I feel about the team and the CFL experience? I’m not so sure about that.

Reality is - you might never darken the door of the Riders venue if you had to pay for it yourself. But thousands will choose to pay this.
History doesn't lie.  Apparently only to you.

<<<puts in a lot more time with the club than your 4500 is worth per year.  As I stated, there are expectations around it.  Reality is...I put in hundred of hours per year.  Hence actual expectations.  That relationship is also what has allowed me to give away blocks of tickets on here a few times.  It has its perks, but there is sweat equity in it.
Sweat equity is an awesome way to get something for a very reduced price. 
I would do same if I were in same situation. 

depopulationINC

All you have to do is look at all the empty seats in 2015 and 2016 later in the year when the team was eliminated form playoffs to see that it isn't invincible. Have some not so stellar seasons and demand will decrease, now that the Newness of the stadium is wearing off. Heck, even last year when Edmonton was in town for the 3rd place showdown there were thousands of empties at that game, because of a little thing like cold.
exactly

It is not speculation, it is well shown from history to be true.  Green goggles are far too thick sometimes, and it is that arrogance some bring that makes many hate the team.

And yeah, just because I get our tickets for free doesn't mean I don't understand.  I have actual expectations from the club when they hand them to me.  
Anyone who gets something for free can’t empathize with those who pay with their after tax hard earned dollars for season tickets. We are talking tens of thousands of dollars here. Maybe a hundred grand over time - depending on how many one pays for and for how long. It’s not a slight, rather a fact. This season, our commitment is $4,500. Yours is what, $0? But yet you know how I feel about the team and the CFL experience? I’m not so sure about that.

Reality is - you might never darken the door of the Riders venue if you had to pay for it yourself. But thousands will choose to pay this.

<<<puts in a lot more time with the club than your 4500 is worth per year.  As I stated, there are expectations around it.  Reality is...I put in hundred of hours per year.  Hence actual expectations.  That relationship is also what has allowed me to give away blocks of tickets on here a few times.  It has its perks, but there is sweat equity in it.
Not really.  Sweat equity is putting in hundred of hours for something like that.  Trust me, if I were to actually work for that duration and purchase the tickets I would be ahead.

And btw...they are always looking for extra people. All you have to do is reach out.

Iconic SR

exactly

Not really.  Sweat equity is putting in hundred of hours for something like that.  Trust me, if I were to actually work for that duration and purchase the tickets I would be ahead.
Why then, do you do it?

depopulationINC

Why then, do you do it?
Multiple reasons
#1 - they specifically asked
#2 - most exers in the area do something
#3 - without a boatload of people doing these types of things there is no game day, there are no special events or tailgates, and there SAF would be no hosting the Cup
#4 - providing for and working in the community is great.  We also do other volunteer work.
#5 - maintaining some relationships, which I won't really get into.
#6 - why wouldn't I if I support the team and they can use my help?

Iconic SR

Why then, do you do it?
Multiple reasons
#1 - they specifically asked
#2 - most exers in the area do something
#3 - without a boatload of people doing these types of things there is no game day, there are no special events or tailgates, and there SAF would be no hosting the Cup
#4 - providing for and working in the community is great.  We also do other volunteer work.
#5 - maintaining some relationships, which I won't really get into.
#6 - why wouldn't I if I support the team and they can use my help?
All good reasons. What is an exer?

Taleback

Any word yet on where Training camp will be held? Back in S'toon again?

depopulationINC

Nothing locked in but sounding like it yes.  There are those who would like to see it cycle between the cities year to year 

Iconic SR

Nothing locked in but sounding like it yes.  There are those who would like to see it cycle between the cities year to year
While the selfish side of me wants to see TC in Regina every 2nd year because it's fun to go watch at times, I can definitely agree with the teams logic of holding it in Saskatoon. First, it needs to be a camp like environment, and any teams home stadium environment doesn't provide that. It would be too familiar, too easy, too comfortable. Secondly, having the camp in Saskatoon allows the club more exposure to the fan base up there. Sure it costs a lot more but it's worth it apparently. I'm betting many expenses get moved into marketing budget alongside with the training budget. It's a great way to promote the team.

depopulationINC

While the selfish side of me wants to see TC in Regina every 2nd year because it's fun to go watch at times, I can definitely agree with the teams logic of holding it in Saskatoon. First, it needs to be a camp like environment, and any teams home stadium environment doesn't provide that. It would be too familiar, too easy, too comfortable. Secondly, having the camp in Saskatoon allows the club more exposure to the fan base up there. Sure it costs a lot more but it's worth it apparently. I'm betting many expenses get moved into marketing budget alongside with the training budget. It's a great way to promote the team.
Actually, the costs are slightly cheaper in Saskatoon due to the setup.  The players get economical lodging right there, where as in Regina they would need to commute...that is a massive balancing factor in it all.  The food is at extreme discount and top end by some very good chefs.  It is likely the best practice grub they take in all season. 

The huge perk of doing this on the road is the team building aspect of it all though.  Road trips do wonders...so does this.  You do it in Regina and there are several that already have their houses and such and they are going home at the end of the day.  A guy like Willie Jefferson...he is going to be more prone to heading home and getting ready for tomorrow, but with it in Saskatoon they hang out and talk after and do supper and such.  Relationships are a huge deal.

I would think that this season the pre-season schedule makes sense they will do it from Saskatoon because game one is in Edmonton.  That said....they play 5 days before anyone else this year....that may play a factor in the decision.  I know Jones normally waves the rookie and QB camp, but I hope he holds it this year because of that early start.  Even if they just do some light walkthroughs for a couple of days.

crazy train

yep , hard to go to games when Tino is the QB , you could just stay at home and watch deer in headlights , same thing ......   I could be wrong but it feels to me that Jones is going to end up with a winning dynasty .   we will see ...

Iconic SR

yep , hard to go to games when Tino is the QB , you could just stay at home and watch deer in headlights , same thing ......   I could be wrong but it feels to me that Jones is going to end up with a winning dynasty .   we will see ...
HooRAH!

depopulationINC

Per camp location

Saskatoon.  Probably see something come out on it next week or 2

Users Online

77 Guests, 5 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, Grover, KevinRiley2, ticats28, Embert, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 110. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)