Iconic SR

Jones & Co don't sit still. Today we already hear that Brandon Bridge's agent has sent a package to Jones for perusal re: contract extension.

What do you think we will see asap/now in the offseason?

What do you think we will see over a period of time in the offseason?

We no longer are building a club but now are bolstering a club. So - what's gonna happen?

greenandwhite

They need more depth in the secondary and the QB situation should be addressed. 

On the oline, assess whether Bladek or St. John is the next man up. They should look to start at least 3 Canadians on the oline so they can upgrade one of their running backs and go away from the two Canadians they start there now. Any one of their starting American o lineman can be used in a trade. 

Iconic SR

Heard Jones intends on keeping Glenn into 2019, behind BB.

Jones himself is meeting with the president/BOD asap to hammer out his extension.

Willie Jefferson is extended

depopulationINC

New OL coach.
2 new DBs needed
Solidify DT either with what is on roster or someone new
If Dennis goes, put that into Coleman and Campbell

GC Bound

New OL coach.
2 new DBs needed
A "Franchise QB"

Sorry but I still don't see any serious contender yet that can take control of a game from the get go, make game winning plays, who is smooth and fluid and be consistent, consistent, consistent!
I'm not knocking BB or KG for the job they did getting the Riders to the Playoffs and are both good QB's but frankly I really don't see "premier QB" in the future IMHO.
Yes BB is young and maybe he is what the Riders are looking for but for me, I see BB as backup to the guy we don't have yet.

Iconic SR

We came within one defensive tackle of making it into GC2017. With a team that was a bunch of misfits and zero chemistry to start the year. 

Next year we are essentially starting with what/who we are now. Add in a full season of an entire team who all season will be focusing on a Grey Cup vs hoping to land a job. 

We won't be evaluating everyone until Labour Day like Jones was this season.

depopulationINC

New OL coach.
2 new DBs needed
A "Franchise QB"

Sorry but I still don't see any serious contender yet that can take control of a game from the get go, make game winning plays, who is smooth and fluid and be consistent, consistent, consistent!
I'm not knocking BB or KG for the job they did getting the Riders to the Playoffs and are both good QB's but frankly I really don't see "premier QB" in the future IMHO.
Yes BB is young and maybe he is what the Riders are looking for but for me, I see BB as backup to the guy we don't have yet.
There are going to be a lot of potential options hitting the market this year....beyond Bridge.  I am still not sold on Bridge...but I am not saying he couldn't be the next guy either.  He has some big concerns but has developed a lot this season so I would like to think that could continue.  Looking at potential FAs...
James Franklin
Zach collaros (likely, but still under contract)
Trevor Harris
Dan Lefevour
Ricky Ray
Masoli

depopulationINC

Other teams (lists are coming out early this year)

------------------------------------------------------------------
BC Lions:
Quarterback
Travis Lulay - international
Mitchell Gale - international

Receiver

Emmanuel Arceneaux - international
Nick Moore - international
Shaquille Johnson - national

Offensive line

Andrew Jones - national
Antonio Johnson - international
Hunter Steward - national
Jas Dhillon - national
Cody Husband - national
Kirby Fabien - national

Defensive line
David Menard - national
Maxx Forde - national
Alex Bazzie - international
Ricky Foley - national
Craig Roh - international
Bryant Turner Jr. - international
Louie Richardson - national

Linebacker

Mike Benson - national
Adrian Clarke - national

Defensive back

Chandler Fenner - international
Buddy Jackson - international
T.J. Lee - international
Ronnie Yell - international
Loucheiz Purifoy - international
------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Bombers:

-------------------------------------

Redblacks
Receiver Brad Sinopoli
 Receiver/returner Diontae Spencer
 Receiver Jake Harty

Running back William Powell
 Running back Brendan Gillanders

Linebacker Taylor Reed

Defensive back Jonathan Rose
 Defensive back Jerrell Gavins

Defensive lineman Zack Evans
 Defensive lineman Arnaud Gascon-Nadon

Offensive lineman Alex Mateas
 Offensive lineman Nolan MacMillan

-------------------------------------

I know of some other FAs coming but by no means anything this comprehensive.  Jamar Wall, from the Stamps is one not already mentioned that I would look at.  others a;ready above...
*Brad Sinopoli
Zack Evans
Timothy Flanders
*Travis Bond
T.J. Lee
Ronnie Yell
***TJ Heath

sambo42

We need a Tad Kornegay type of player... can play linebacker or DB, can cover on passing plays and help the D line on running plays and occasionally blitz.

depopulationINC

We need a Tad Kornegay type of player... can play linebacker or DB, can cover on passing plays and help the D line on running plays and occasionally blitz.
IMO that is MonCrief 

GC Bound

New OL coach.
2 new DBs needed
A "Franchise QB"

There are going to be a lot of potential options hitting the market this year....beyond Bridge.  I am still not sold on Bridge...but I am not saying he couldn't be the next guy either.  He has some big concerns but has developed a lot this season so I would like to think that could continue.  Looking at potential FAs...
James Franklin
Zach collaros (likely, but still under contract)
Trevor Harris
Dan Lefevour
Ricky Ray
Masoli
Well imo the only 'real' possibility worth pursuing is Franklin. I think he could just bust open with his own team....especially one that will in all likely hood be an extreme contender for the West's top spot next season...
Having said that, it would also be exciting if a new comer from out of no where appeared.
Like they always seem to do in BC!!

bohdon

So this Franklin kid..... would he be better than oh I dunno say maybe Drew Willy perhaps?

Cause you know this Drew Willy kid was pretty a solid QB.

I'm sorry but I just don't see a darn thing in this Franklin, and I don't understand all the fuss.... OK I don't understand any of the fuss.
Didn't BC have a young superstar guiding them this year?

Just saying, I certainly don't know who would be best. What I can say is that it has always been my opinion that someone local is your best bet because of the effort they will put in compared to an outsider who thinks they will come here and rule.

I guess it comes down to potential... and yes some have more than others, that said Bridge comes immediately to my mind, long before this unknown Franklin. What did Franklin do this year? 6 pass attempts? Last year? Where does all this talk come from?

depopulationINC

So this Franklin kid..... would he be better than oh I dunno say maybe Drew Willy perhaps?

Cause you know this Drew Willy kid was pretty a solid QB.

I'm sorry but I just don't see a darn thing in this Franklin, and I don't understand all the fuss.... OK I don't understand any of the fuss.
Didn't BC have a young superstar guiding them this year?

Just saying, I certainly don't know who would be best. What I can say is that it has always been my opinion that someone local is your best bet because of the effort they will put in compared to an outsider who thinks they will come here and rule.

I guess it comes down to potential... and yes some have more than others, that said Bridge comes immediately to my mind, long before this unknown Franklin. What did Franklin do this year? 6 pass attempts? Last year? Where does all this talk come from?
he is?  lemme just look up his stats
ok...Imma disagree.  Stats are not everything but they still tell a story.  Coincidence that the Blue Bombers became a contender the day that they sat him down in 2016?  The Willy trade cost a GM his job for a reason.  Willy was "ok" at one point...but never the same after he gut KTFO.  Now he is a fairly immobile QB who is hesitant throwing because he has thrown so many picks and understandably terrified of pressure at this point due to PTSD.  Willy was never "it" but always looked like he had some reach potential.  Franklin simply looks like the best backup int the CFL right now.

Franklin didn't see much action this year, but if you watch him from the past you can just see his raw potential.  The guy has poise that is just sick.  He has likely the fastest release in the CFL and would be top 10 all time in the CFL...He actually trains specifically on this in the off-season  and has shaved good time off...goes to the best guys for it on his own dime.  If you think release time is not a big deal I would suggest doing some reading on it.  It is a critical attribute QBs are measured on now in the NFL.  That is some serious commitment.  He was already on the radar, and then he put up 300+ yards and 4TD in a half of football last season and looked like a 10 year pro in doing so...the interest in him went next level.

One thing is certain...if Jones found the rebirth of Moon he would still be looking for the next guy...gotta love that

Iconic SR

"The hunt for a franchise QB is an ongoing thing......."

https://www.riderville.com/2017/11/22/revisiting-roughriders-2017-season/

Jones sure doesn't sound like a guy about to anoint BB to a starting QB contract.

StormRider1

First Off we need to fix our O line, a little to leaky in my opinion, also a D line that can get sacks, yes 3 man rush is one reason why our sack count was way down, but still. As for QB, BB is starting to show signs he maybe ok, still to early to tell. All this talk about The unproven Franklin, still boggles ones mind, Regardless what Depop says, he's unproven and I think way to much has been placed on this unknown. JMO

Users Online

91 Guests, 22 Users (20 Spiders, 9 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Balticfox, of course, Hamilton2005, mycko75, yougottabekidding, Phantom67, rotrhed, GC Bound, hawthy, Mightygoose, ExPat, ticat1, Grover, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 151. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)