PrideLivesHere

The player needs to fire his "so called" Agent.

Apologize to the team - and move on.

I feel sorry for him. He may not play a down this year.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006

depopulationINC

Quote from: "PrideLivesHere"
The player needs to fire his "so called" Agent.

Apologize to the team - and move on.

I feel sorry for him. He may not play a down this year.

Yes and no...he is doing what a young player should do....listening to to the agent's advice...the guy he is paying for that and should be trusting....I can't really fault JSJ unless he is the one saying "hell no" but based on his agent's history I feel comfortable assuming it is the agent not him.  His agent has had some of the recent bigger names as clients and gotten many NFL looks...the appeal of using him is obvious.  Unfortunately he also puts players at risk...just this time he may have met his match and a potential stalemate with a group that is willing to lose the player entirely to stand ground.

You might recall the Matt O'Donnell mess...same agent.  They caved and traded him for a less than ideal trade and Hardaway owned negotiations with the Riders from that day on.  They can't cave and pay, and they can't trade unless it is an obvious gain...like a starting NI DT and a reasonable pick.  

This has had both Murphy and Jones (mostly Murphy) literally SCREAMING at the kid's agent because of the redonkulous demands.  This is not a situation where everybody was like "oh yeah...that is the clear cut #1 pick" like when Heenan was drafted and paid 60 or 65k...so no...he should not be the highest paid draft of all time...the Riders have supposedly made an offer that would make him one of th e top couple though...which is still high in this situation IMO...but leaves room to negotiate a new contract in year 2 or 3 if things are going well.

Mateas and Chung were the draft picks that set the new standard last year at around 80k....I believe they started all games or very close...is JSJ going to do that....little to no chance...so the fact they have tabled anything similar is probably a pretty darned good deal for JSJ

It would be nice to see the CFL try to develop something like the NFL for first contracts...avoid this entirely.

Linden53

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/06/29/report-rid ... h-st-john/

Glad the coming to terms with Josiah. St. John in the link is over with.

depopulationINC

yeah...and the fact he signed for 3 years is a good sign that there is good vibes coming in.  He is getting a lot of love on twitter from teammates...unlike Lemon who the staff appears pissed at...we will know how much so in 24 hours.

JimmytheGreek

So why is Lemon in the doghouse? Too much gum flapping? IF they could have made a deal straight up JSJ for Franklin then the Riders may have been better off. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they settled this one way or the other with JSJ but just not convinced he wants to be here. That usually means first opportunity and he bolts. He probably realized that he was going to rot on the shelve if he didn't come to terms with the Riders and his stock value would plummet.

Good on Jones though for not letting this stunt work out  by his agent or JSJ or whoever. With Best being on the 6 though I wonder if the Riders may have caved in a bit.

Ahh I see at that other Rider site they have a topic on Lemon. So the Riders are looking  to trade  him and if they do then they are on the hook for the 85,000 signing bonus against the cap. Lol oh yeah that would be not one but two yes two signing bonus cap hits in one year. Hmm no wonder they couldn't afford to keep Chick or Dressler they were too busy squandering it away on players that either never planned to play or ones that are not happy. What is the figure now against the cap? Must be close to 140- 150 k on two players that may never play a single down for us YEAH BABY!!!

depopulationINC

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "
So why is Lemon in the doghouse? Too much gum flapping? IF they could have made a deal straight up JSJ for Franklin then the Riders may have been better off. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they settled this one way or the other with JSJ but just not convinced he wants to be here. That usually means first opportunity and he bolts. He probably realized that he was going to rot on the shelve if he didn't come to terms with the Riders and his stock value would plummet.

Good on Jones though for not letting this stunt work out  by his agent or JSJ or whoever. With Best being on the 6 though I wonder if the Riders may have caved in a bit.

JSJ straight up was never on the table...I do agree though....he is likely worth more in a trade now though, so who knows....but Jones/Murphy do not seem interested in moving him.  It was largely speculated the tune would change upon the season starting and camp being over....seems to have held true in these talks

There is some speculation that he is on the outs...Dunk said he is potentially on the block...not that Dunk has been a good source at all with the new staff at all...been wrong lots.  That said, Lemon cranked someone in practice (Lawrence I believe it was) in practice (camp) a bit back...it was way too much for the situation.  He was sent off the field....i've heard the hit was not so much the issue (even though there were lots of really pissed off people) but how he handled it after.  He has been taking less #1 reps since.  

Now the question is...is Dunk right or is he speculating because Lemon is #3 on the depth chart and reading into the reps...which may have been more getting Newsome ready...because Newsome is going to be a factor on this team but they have been tossing both DE and LB around to decide, and now he needed reps at one...Jones does very heavy rotation at DE...so we will see.  If Lemon doesn't make the 44 it likely tells a lot and that they are still pissed and potentially trading...that said Lemon had a significant signing bonus.  

At the end of the day Newsome > Lemon....which says a lot, because Lemon is fairly solid in himself.  If Newsome had been on the table I am not sure Lemon gets signed...or at least doesn't likely get the signing bonus that he did.  The idea of working ratio at times to have Lemon and Newsome playing end at the same time is scary...throw Norwood in the mix in a couple months...yikes.

For what it is worth...Lemon's either oblivious to the situation or a damned good actor...his twitter is pretty much calling BS on it and pokes at Dunk a fair bit in it since this came out.  Lemon has demonstrated in the past that he will speak his mind...so it seems speculative at this point...see more tomorrow...but even if he doesn't make it into the action I still wouldn't read too much into a spat/fall out as of yet...I could see him being tabled as a portion of a potential play on Franklin.  Esks would get a solid DE with half his contract off the SMS for this season.

depopulationINC

Bouka was released today...see if he floats around the US waiting for another look...but he would be a nice pick up for the long term for sure.

Users Online

105 Guests, 17 Users (18 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
xlnt, Mightygoose, sully, btharner, Sidney, Iconic SR, Argofan_1000, RedandWhite, PTBO Dave, ExPat, OskeeweeneeVI, ticatbill, GHT120, Grover, Yahoo!, Google (15), Baidu (2)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)