ArgoT

I recently came back from the beautiful Croatia.
While in their capital of Zagreb, I took in the soccer qualifier between Kosovo and Croatia.
The game was scheduled for Saturday night, despite a monsoon rainfall and although the game started it was picked up the next day.
Like all of Europe the locals are fanatics about their soccer just like we are here with  hockey.
It wasn't much of a game as Croatia barely managed to score and won 1-0.
They came up lame the week after and lost 1-0 in Turkey, the game I watched on their local TV, and are now in a major slump with the last 2 games in the round coming up next month.
I would recommend to anyone interested to visit this jewel of a country that has a fantastic coast line with visitors packing it more each year.
Has anyone taken in a WC game and was your experience as awesome as mine?

vampiresquid

I have been to 5 men's world cup matches and 3 women's world cup matches in 3 countries. I have been to many world cup qualifiers in Canada since I try to go to every match scheduled in Toronto.

Nothing beats it in terms of real atmosphere at a sporting event. The tension of the match, the cultural differences and the passionate singing/chanting of the supporters all done without piped in music, a scoreboard telling you to make some noise and noisemakers, tshirts or towels handed out by the pr dept of a team. 

It's the antithesis of how North American pro sports leagues are run.

nopa

I have been to 5 men's world cup matches and 3 women's world cup matches in 3 countries. I have been to many world cup qualifiers in Canada since I try to go to every match scheduled in Toronto.

Nothing beats it in terms of real atmosphere at a sporting event. The tension of the match, the cultural differences and the passionate singing/chanting of the supporters all done without piped in music, a scoreboard telling you to make some noise and noisemakers, tshirts or towels handed out by the pr dept of a team.

It's the antithesis of how North American pro sports leagues are run.
Nice comment until you had to put that dig in against N.A. sports.  So, can you tell me when was the last time two teams here have played in an empty stadium because of the behaviour of the fans?

Aerial

What is the World Cup anyways?  Sorry, my bad, it's a soccer thingy, I'm embarrasesed.   :-*
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Users Online

129 Guests, 8 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
of course, Taleback, GOTC1, Gornaldatron, Squish, Oskie18, cheater, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 214. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)