Aerial

It's a better warmup than just standing there during a pre-game sing along I'd say.
8)

Half Kneeling and Split-Stance Positions For Strength, Power and Rehabilitation

http://deansomerset.com/half-kneeling-and-split-stance-positions-for-strength-power-and-rehabilitation/

sully, it's nothing to do with politics I say!  ;)
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

oo DAWG oo

I should chime in and make him lock it...

Aerial

dawg, what's your stance on using the kneel down for pre-game warmups during the national anthem rather than having guys just stand there where the muscles can tighten up?  Why not use that time to keep on warming up I say...

TravelPat1

You could be on to something Earl. Particularly at games where there are two anthems being sung like at yesterday's football game in London. Especially when you've got one of those singers who sings an anthem at the speed of a dirge. All that time in an upright still position for several minutes can't be good.

Perhaps that is why the players really changed positions between the two anthems in London yesterday?   lol

Aerial

I didn't see that Pat but no question sometimes the anthem thing seems to go on forever.

sully

This is funny enough to get a pass. :) Until people start getting crotchety in here which'll probably take all of eight more minutes.
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

Aerial

Too funny sully. :)

But I do think that a general discussion on the whole national anthem thing from both a political ie. is it really necessary to have national anthems sung or played in the first place at sporting events, and non-political ie. too much time standing around with muscles tightening, could be interesting.

Maybe it's time for sports leagues to really think about the NA and it's role or it's necessity.   :-\

Tending to agree:

We should put an end to national anthem tradition at sporting events

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/garcia-time-put-national-anthem-sporting-events-article-1.2647068

West

Looks like the lone Steeler player who decided to stretch his legs and stood has the highest jersey sales. 

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/25/news/companies/alejandro-villanueva-jersey-sales-steelers/index.html 

Good for him. 

The Last Word

I remember a couple years ago Chris Jones kept the Esks team in the locker room for the Canadian national anthem.  Let's fire him and send him back to 'Murica.

KevinRiley2

Kneel or don't kneel. It's none of my business.  If the Networks/the President didn't make a big deal out of it, I would never know.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Aerial

Well Kaepernick made a big deal to start this whole thing really and the POTUS and networks had to follow suit from Mr. Colin.   Why don't NFL players just play for pete sakes, they aren't politicians, er I guess guys like Kaepernick are wannabee politicians, so it seems.  NFL players think they are holier than you know who and on the political arena.  NOT!  Stick to football NFL players, that's what you are, football players, nothing more and nothing less.  

Good on the Penguins for fully accepting the White House invitation.  Nice!  That must piss off Steph Curry.  8)

Free speech and actions, fine, but but go to a rally and demonstrate, on game day you are there to play football, basketball whatever and leave the politics for later.  

I would never sign a guy like CK because he thinks he's a politician rather than what he is, a football player.  With his life out of football, go and demonstrate, no problem, but leave football to football.

West

Kneel or don't kneel. It's none of my business.  If the Networks/the President didn't make a big deal out of it, I would never know.
Oh please this has been all over the ESPN, Fox etc for the past year. 

KevinRiley2

Oh please this has been all over the ESPN, Fox etc for the past year.
Again, "if the Networks/the President didn't make a big deal out of it, I would never know."

West

My apologies Kev

Aerial

My apologies Kev
Kev, it IS the networks raison d'etre to make a big deal out of this, that's what makes news.  Now as for the POTUS, well, whoever is in that office needs to respond as well when Americans are kneeling when the NA is played and then, circular, the networks pick up on that as they should being in the, yup, the news biz.

It started with CK, he is the one who started it.

Users Online

97 Guests, 4 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
dcmoses, Hamilton2005, jim43bob, PTBO Dave, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 140. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)