PTBO Dave

alphamale111

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/an-extraordinary-result-toronto-fc-stuns-tigres-inside-the-volcano-to-advance-in-champions-league
Well done, TFC. Beating a Liga MX team is a pretty big deal. Going on to win the finals would be awesome.
I have made a promise that I would go in support if the team was to go on to the Club World in December 2018 - UAE.
Flights to UAE in December are going for about $1500.

PTBO Dave

http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/an-extraordinary-result-toronto-fc-stuns-tigres-inside-the-volcano-to-advance-in-champions-league
Well done, TFC. Beating a Liga MX team is a pretty big deal. Going on to win the finals would be awesome.
I have made a promise that I would go in support if the team was to go on to the Club World in December 2018 - UAE.
Flights to UAE in December are going for about $1500.
That would be sweet indeed. 

And there might be someone around here who could get you a good deal on flights. ; )

alphamale111

In an act of pure respect and class  - Tigres star striker, Andre Pierre Gignac,  gives a team autographed jersey to TFC defender Chris Mavinga. This Kid was the one keeping the 2-1 lead for TFC. Went off with a groin injury towards the end of the game.

Hank01

Like Iceland's accomplishment in international play ; we shouldn't  be surprised at TFC's victory . They are a good team and beat most likely a better team in aggregate score . Good for them and good for the fans who support them by coming out when it's cold or raining .

Hank01

Getting out of the domes and playing in the cold will be an advantage for the northern MLS teams in the future and getting the edge in the first leg will help when playing in Mexico or Central America. 

Even though the games are far apart it helps to have some climatization whether  it's heat , cold , altitude or even air quality in some locations  .

FootbalYouBet

I really want to get more interested in MLS but one thing that deters me is too much time between games.  Their schedule should be more like NHL than CFL. 
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

Paolo X

I know. I liked it better when we had the Burn, Wiz, Clash, and MetroStars. All this FC, SC, Real, and Sporting stuff is just senseless Europosing.
And all that trendy stuff and other crap to attempt to "americanize" the game in the early days of the MLS, such as also the clock running down to 0 instead of how the entire rest of the world has always played the game, was garbage. The less the better and good riddance!
Best Regards, Paolo

Paolo X

I thought this was the best graphic to describe the current flawed situation with professional soccer in the US and Canada. 

There are also plenty of flaws at the amateur youth soccer in the US with regards to how the teams are administered analogously at the local level.

Quite simply in the US we are not putting the better talent in youth into development for the national team, and it sure shows now after the unprecedented sums spent in too many an affluent and usually snobby American suburb of many major cities. Many such American players can also stop with their elitist attitudes too for that matter.

Much of the talent that is not from such backgrounds in the US is overlooked as well, and here we are not even making the World Cup and with below a mediocre team that won that Gold Cup at that.

KevinRiley2

* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

TravelPat1

Huh?

Looked like a pretty decent crowd to me when I watched the game replayed on TSN2 this morning. Sure some no-shows but not as many as at most Ti-Cats games last season. 

And when you consider the bigger game for their fans is the soldout one just 3 days from now, and you had 33,000 just a couple of km down the road at the Jays game. Let's just say the Argos will love it if they have that many people in the seats for any regular season game this year.  

KevinRiley2

Huh?

Looked like a pretty decent crowd to me when I watched the game replayed on TSN2 this morning. Sure some no-shows but not as many as at most Ti-Cats games last season.

And when you consider the bigger game for their fans is the soldout one just 3 days from now, and you had 33,000 just a couple of km down the road at the Jays game. Let's just say the Argos will love it if they have that many people in the seats for any regular season game this year.  

TravelPat1

Thumbs up to TFC fans tonight. For so many to show up in absolutely BRUTAL weather conditions is fantastic. 

3C - pouring rain with wind warnings out.  

2 - 1 for TFC near halftime leading Club America. Great entertaining game especially considering the weather conditions. 

TravelPat1

Woohoo! TFC continues to impress beating the best team in the Mexican league 3-1 in Game One.  Now the really hard work - the return match in the 87,000 seat Estadio Azteca next week.  

Fun for MLS and TFC fans for tonight though with a local kid Ashton Morgan scoring the 3rd goal for TFC to send the BMO Field crowd into a frenzy.

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/morgan-slides-home-great-pass-from-auro-to-extend-tfc-s-lead~1361764

ArgoT

Woohoo! TFC continues to impress beating the best team in the Mexican league 3-1 in Game One.  Now the really hard work - the return match in the 87,000 seat Estadio Azteca next week.  

Fun for MLS and TFC fans for tonight though with a local kid Ashton Morgan scoring the 3rd goal for TFC to send the BMO Field crowd into a frenzy.

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/morgan-slides-home-great-pass-from-auro-to-extend-tfc-s-lead~1361764
No chance in the return match in Mexico for the cry babies Reds.
They were lucky to get out of Mexico the last round.
Although I have to admit and don't hold me to it, that game was exciting.
But I fell asleep and missed the most important what 10-15 minutes remaining when the home team made it interesting.

Users Online

80 Guests, 5 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lennywasout, ticats28, Mightygoose, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (16)

Most Online Today: 129. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)