TravelPat1

I'm not going to that February 27th CONCACAF game but will be there a few days later on Saturday afternoon March 3rd for the regular season opener and the raising of the MLS Cup banner. That could be a chilly one too. 

alphamale111

I'm not going to that February 27th CONCACAF game but will be there a few days later on Saturday afternoon March 3rd for the regular season opener and the raising of the MLS Cup banner. That could be a chilly one too.
I will be... gonna be cold.
March 3rd will be the same.

TravelPat1

Sign of the times - or at least the state of the teams?  

Today was the first day the general public could buy single TFC tickets and both their CONCACAF game on February 27th and the MLS Season home opener on March 3rd are both very close to being sold out already.

The Jays tickets have been on sale since yesterday - and the home opener - which is even against the Yankees this year - still has 5,000+ seats left.  The last few years the home opener had sold out in hours. 

Aerial

I don't care about soccer in Canada as a spectator sport or the MLS but I'm glad for the footie fans in Toronto that they love this stuff.  Good for them, not my thingy. At all or in the least but very glad for these folk.  Have fun y'all. Very glad for you all.

I know Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation will understand me on this.  ;D
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

alphamale111

Grow lights working overtime!!!

alphamale111

And the lights during the day...

TravelPat1

18 days until I'm in one of the seats almost right behind the TFC bench. (Thank goodness with access to the West Side Club to stay warm pre-game and halftime.)  :)

Aerial

One day I'd love to get to BMO for an Argos game have to admit.  Definitely a CFL game at BMO is a bucket list item.

alphamale111

alphamale111

alphamale111

TravelPat1

I hope TFC aren't jinxing themselves with some of the stuff related to their (assumed) next CONCACAF game - assuming they advance after Game 2 against Colorado tomorrow after winning Game One 2-0.

Their Facebook Page adding a March 7th 'event' and now Ticketmaster has added a game with ticket sale details TBA. 

At least they are lucking out BIG TIME for an 8:00PM evening game in February with tomorrow expected to be near record warmth for a February 27th in Southern Ontario with highs around 12C and game time temperatures around +7C tomorrow.  

alphamale111

Yup. Going to be great weather tonight.

Not really jinxing. There's just a really small window to market and sell to the non-season seat holders (aprox 5000).

TravelPat1

Decent turnout for a midweek evening outdoor February game - with the announced attendance of 23,383. A fair number of no-shows - but still a good crowd. 

The real grass field did seem to chew up pretty quickly - not surprising for February. I'll be curious to see what the conditions will be like at the game I'm going to on Saturday - especially with the big shift in weather with up to 10 cm of snow expected Thursday night though Friday morning.  

With the tie last night Toronto FC move on and now move on to the quarter-finals against the Tigres - one of the biggest teams in Mexican soccer.

First game in that home and home series next Wednesday evening at BMO Field again.  That means 3 home games within 9 days - in the winter - with two of them being midweek evening games. Now there is a challenge for ticket sales if ever there was one.  Presale for the Tigres game opens at 10:00AM this morning for TFC members and general public sale starting tomorrow morning.  

alphamale111

Decent turnout for a midweek evening outdoor February game - with the announced attendance of 23,383. A fair number of no-shows - but still a good crowd.

The real grass field did seem to chew up pretty quickly - not surprising for February. I'll be curious to see what the conditions will be like at the game I'm going to on Saturday - especially with the big shift in weather with up to 10 cm of snow expected Thursday night though Friday morning.  

With the tie last night Toronto FC move on and now move on to the quarter-finals against the Tigres - one of the biggest teams in Mexican soccer.

First game in that home and home series next Wednesday evening at BMO Field again.  That means 3 home games within 9 days - in the winter - with two of them being midweek evening games. Now there is a challenge for ticket sales if ever there was one.  Presale for the Tigres game opens at 10:00AM this morning for TFC members and general public sale starting tomorrow morning.  
We have that game included in the season seat package -  Additional tickets went on sale this morning.  
Great time last night. Atmosphere was a little muted -  typical for a Champions league game here. Decent crowd but a lot of season seat holders give away these games. A lot of them still think it's some sort of friendly...

Users Online

100 Guests, 14 Users (11 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
argonaut11xx, MtnCat, hairyarm, letsgoticats, bowl450, DisplacedCatsFan, FootbalYouBet, rshmglsky, Grover, RevClark, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 167. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)