Aerial

Sure, it's about money in the end with pro sports.  I guess some will say.  My brother loves the money aspect of pro sports, loves it, anything else is secondary.  Turns him on.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

TravelPat1

The endorsement money can be huge in tennis - never mind the huge purses. Federer will make close to $60 million in endorsements this year. Nishikori is so popular in Japan that he now gets over $30 million a year in endorsements even though he barely cracks the Top 10 as a player. 

Aerial

Hey, I'd be taking the money if I was in these players shoes as well, have to admit that.

KevinRiley2

Hey, I'd be taking the money if I was in these players shoes as well, have to admit that.
We all would. :)
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

oo DAWG oo

We all would. :)
But Kevin it takes real work to get to that point so guess that leaves you out...it's not a handout

Lyle B. Style

I think El Shapo has a decent chance to be a legit Top 15 or 20 player on the pro circuit next 8 to 10 years, or so.

His positives are amazing: 1. Great work ethic, 2. Swift afoot, 3. Left-handed, 4. Above average serve (not a rocket cannon like Raonic), 5. Youth

Negatives are scarce: 1. Youth means inexperience, too, 2. Trained in Canada (although attending tons of American tennis camps, 3. Size (barely 6') - even Federer is 6'2", Joker is 6'2", Raonic is 6'5", he'll have to slay a ton of giants to make his way.

Upon reflection what he did by slaying Nadal and Joe Willy this year is amazing. He wasn't given a pass into the U.S. Open because Canada-USA tennis relations are frosty - even after his conquest in Canada. He had to qualify with victories over 3 other stragglers. Thus, didn't have much time to scan and prepare and coach himself up for various different styles and players. Didn't seem to make much of a difference when he squashed Rafa and took out Joe Willy. When he finally lost in the round of 16 he reverted to an old Genie Bouchard ploy - ie. Get a lead, then blow it, squander points and games like the dickens! Busta beat him because he hung around and Denis couldn't bury him.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

Aerial

A bit of an issue when you are as tall as Milos is, is being able to get down low for those shots that can be a match maker in the end.  That's tough to do when  you are that tall.  Not the ideal height in today's tennis world, albeit you have to give credit where credit is due, the man has done very, very good in the tennis world with a not so perfect body type for the sport.

Lyle B. Style

A bit of an issue when you are as tall as Milos is, is being able to get down low for those shots that can be a match maker in the end.  That's tough to do when  you are that tall.  Not the ideal height in today's tennis world, albeit you have to give credit where credit is due, the man has done very, very good in the tennis world with a not so perfect body type for the sport.
Milos is easily the best male tennis player our country has every produced (barring some doubles guys).  . . . . .

. . . . and its NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Yes, he's a bit of a lumbering giant on the courts but his results have been very good last few years!

Right now he's at a crossroads - his body can't write the cheques his talent demands.

So I see him fading away the next 2 or 3 years - perhaps getting close to a grand slam final but never winning one!

He's articulate and smart enough to do any number of things including furthering his education, going into broadcasting (not just tennis but tennis could use a guy of his calibre in Canada). Heck he's barely 26 - only a couple years older than Canada's #1 tennis model - Eugenie Bouchard.

Aerial

Well said, Milos is the king of tennis in Canada without question and a great ambassador for the game here.

KevinRiley2

Nadal had a walk to the semis.  Federer had the tougher road.  Hopefully, it will not hurt Federer - assuming he wins tonight.

KevinRiley2

Roger holding serve easily.  He hasn't had a break point yet, but he's been close.  Hopefully he will get that break and steamroll. 

KevinRiley2

Dang!

Federer lost set 1 and he seems off.  I have a bad feeling so I am going to listen to my audio book instead.

KevinRiley2

Dang!

Federer lost set 1 and he seems off.  I have a bad feeling so I am going to listen to my audio book instead.
1 set each.

nguyenMTL

Anyone following the Canada-India matchup?

Lyle B. Style

Anyone following the Canada-India matchup?
Davis Cup? Not much media to be sure!

Anyways, anyone notice Genie withdrew from her next tourney, citing a virus. Just a continued slow slide off the competitive map - that said should be at least a couple years before her endorsements dry up. After that, if she didn't blow her money on strange fruit - she'll be set for life - at only 26 or 27

Users Online

165 Guests, 19 Users (15 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
EastVanMark, DavidThompson, tabbiefanmcb, rcon, raymarkca, bobo82, RichardVeilleux, Johnny Ticat slayer, safetyblitz, Hamilton2005, Mightygoose, leviadon, argonutII, BillyDee87, papazoola, Dr.Whiskey, DogsFan, Yahoo!, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)