TravelPat1

no it wasn't. Once again they are not providing the accurate #'s.
Both press releases used ratings from Numeris which is the go to source for TV ratings in Canada and is the source used by the overwhelming majority of advertising agencies and media in Canada. 
Bell Media, CBC and Rogers all site Numeris ratings in any press release they put out about TV ratings for any of their programs. 

TravelPat1

The Shapovalov show hits the Big Apple.  Unreal that the kid has been given the prime time ESPN2/TSN match in the main Arthur Ashe Stadium tonight at around 8:30PM against # 8 seed Jo Wilfred Tsonga. 

Tough draw for the kid - who had to play in qualifiers last week to get into the Men's draw. But a few tennis experts are actually picking him to win tonight in an upset. I think that is a big ask in his first Arthur Ashe Stadium match though.   

This after Shapo won his first round match impressively in 3 straight sets over Medveded. 

The kid is starting to really be hyped by the tennis world. 
- http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2017-08-28/curtain_goes_up_for_shapovalov.html?chip=3

The curtain went up on the US Open career of one of the game's most exciting, highly-touted youngsters Denis Shapovalov on Monday. 
The multi-talented Shapovalov did not flop, taking the final curtain call from an apprectative Court 7 full house on the grounds of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center after a dominating 7-5, 6-1, 6-2 win over Russian Daniil Medvedev.
This month has been a blockbuster coming out party for the 18-year-old left-hander with the long blond hair, strong serve, consistent one-handed backhand and bludgeoning topspin forehand.
With Raonic out with injury, Bouchard eliminated already and Pospisil pulling out with a back injury after one set today - it's all eyes on the Shapo show.   Good luck kid!

Lyle B. Style

The Shapovalov show hits the Big Apple.  Unreal that the kid has been given the prime time ESPN2/TSN match in the main Arthur Ashe Stadium tonight at around 8:30PM against # 8 seed Jo Wilfred Tsonga.

Tough draw for the kid - who had to play in qualifiers last week to get into the Men's draw. But a few tennis experts are actually picking him to win tonight in an upset. I think that is a big ask in his first Arthur Ashe Stadium match though.  

This after Shapo won his first round match impressively in 3 straight sets over Medveded.

The kid is starting to really be hyped by the tennis world.
- http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2017-08-28/curtain_goes_up_for_shapovalov.html?chip=3

The curtain went up on the US Open career of one of the game's most exciting, highly-touted youngsters Denis Shapovalov on Monday.
The multi-talented Shapovalov did not flop, taking the final curtain call from an apprectative Court 7 full house on the grounds of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center after a dominating 7-5, 6-1, 6-2 win over Russian Daniil Medvedev.
This month has been a blockbuster coming out party for the 18-year-old left-hander with the long blond hair, strong serve, consistent one-handed backhand and bludgeoning topspin forehand.
With Raonic out with injury, Bouchard eliminated already and Pospisil pulling out with a back injury after one set today - it's all eyes on the Shapo show.   Good luck kid!
Raonic has turned into a very iffy affair as he crosses his mid 20s - shows signs of total dominance but when he wins in long sets (4 or 5) he seems to re-injure various parts of his fragile body. Pospisil looks like he's following in Raonic's footsteps (without the very good accomplishments of Milos) while Genie Boo Boo has become more of an erotica act in women's tennis than a real player. I suspect she'll fill out her card for the year, fulfilling some of her big dollar sponsor commitments before realizing she's not really very good at her craft. Modelling, presenting, even sports commentating should be in her future - just not pro tennis! PUHLEEZE!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

KevinRiley2

I would like to see Federer get number 20 and the #1 ranking, again.

Not sure why I root for him, tho. 

Part of me thinks, "He has been more than blessed; let someone else have a chance".  

Part of me likes to see him win.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

TravelPat1

Wow! That was an incredibly impressive 3 straight set win for Shapovalov over the #8 seed Tsonga that even had the Center Court Arthur Ashe Stadium - largest stadium in tennis - crowd buzzing and impressed. . 

To quote Chirs Fowler - ESPN's lead tennis announcer at the end of his win tonight.

Denis Shapovalov - the buzz is building. The bandwagon is growing. Jump aboard now because this kid has got it!

Stick around - he's just getting started. 

Aerial

It could soon be "Milos, who?"
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Lyle B. Style

His birth name is "Milos, is withdrawing!"

KevinRiley2

It already is.  ;)

KevinRiley2

I know she is pretty and Canadian (both big pluses in my book), but has anyone ever milked so much out of so little?  Well, not since Anna K.

Still suing U.S. Open, Bouchard ‘surprised’ to have played in Ashe

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/tennis/still-suing-us-open-bouchard-%E2%80%98surprised%E2%80%99-to-have-played-in-ashe/ar-AAr03Fz?li=AA54y7&ocid=spartanntp

nopa

Carling Basset. In the Ontario and Canadian Sports Hall of Fame but just couldn't get over the hump into champion (major) category. Modeled though.

Lyle B. Style

Carling Basset. In the Ontario sports hall of fame but just never got over the hump into the big time.
Despite her prissy upbringing - Carling was a rugged little competitor who won her fair share of matches. Just wasn't big or strong enough to confront any of the Top 8 to 10 women of her era.

Genie, while possessing the look of a hi-fashion runway model is over 5'10" tall and by all accounts strong and fit.

However, its clear as day she can no longer compete with girls even as lowly ranked as her.

Her crossroad is near!

In the meantime she's purely serving as erotica for various tennis and non-tennis fans when she manages to hit the court.

Aerial

That last statement Lyle might be regarded as sexist although I would say it is quite accurate come to think of it.  ;)

Lyle B. Style

That last statement Lyle might be regarded as sexist although I would say it is quite accurate come to think of it.  ;)
Sometimes the truth is kinda repulsive Earl!

TravelPat1

The kid is being given the star treatment again tomorrow playing on Center Court in Arthur Ashe Stadium yet again.  This time the second match of the day in Arthur Ashe the largest stadium in tennis - likely starting around 1:00PM Friday afternoon. 

Clearly the US Open is helping raise Shapovalov's profile when you consider some much higher ranked players including a former champion (Marin Cilic) are relegated to smaller courts tomorrow. 

KevinRiley2

The kid is being given the star treatment again tomorrow playing on Center Court in Arthur Ashe Stadium yet again.  This time the second match of the day in Arthur Ashe the largest stadium in tennis - likely starting around 1:00PM Friday afternoon.

Clearly the US Open is helping raise Shapovalov's profile when you consider some much higher ranked players including a former champion (Marin Cilic) are relegated to smaller courts tomorrow.

For the record, I requested his profile (no joke)...

http://www.jewornotjew.com/

Users Online

106 Guests, 15 Users (11 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
EastVanMark, everyman, Bayargonaut00, Count Floyd, dcmoses, themuck, Stampeder67, mycko75, SteelCitySteve, Sidney, Taleback, ExPat, Yahoo!, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)