RedandWhite

BTW, Red and White.

Forum rules say no Personell attacks.
Nice coming from a mod.

Above the rules are you ?

....says the guys who badmouths a 99 year old fan...take a hike eh, or complain to a mod who cares...
says the one who keeps deleting my posts... good plan R&W... delete the evidence... I see you have been taking Trump lessons...

Mod edit: you should get evidence before levelling false accusations, there’s more than one mod on this board
Ah yes the old DOUBLE STANDARD card.

You notice that also eh Sambo.

I was going to let it slide, but I will report Red White just for fun and principle.

Mods should not be allowed to break their own rules.
Col. Hans Landa: You'll be shot for this!
Lt. Aldo Raine: Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before.

...if I were you bri I'd choose Dave to file a report with...tell him about your multiple accounts too okay?
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

RedandWhite

One of my favourite ads from yesterday (yes I did watch on NBC - sorry CTV).  

An NFL ad spoofing dirty dancing with Eli Manning as Patrick Swayze and Odell Beckham Jr. as Jennifer Grey.

Hilarious!

https://www.facebook.com/newyorkgiants/videos/10156486366923455/
...liked that one, as well as the A.I. Verizon one...

RedandWhite

...agreed flutie, no way a flag gets thrown for the final play...it was a fantastic game of football, and it ended well...

...if you had told me beforehand Brady was going to throw for personal record yardage in a SB and still lose I wouldn't have believed it...

SILVERTHORN2500

BTW, Red and White.

Forum rules say no Personell attacks.
Nice coming from a mod.

Above the rules are you ?

....says the guys who badmouths a 99 year old fan...take a hike eh, or complain to a mod who cares...
says the one who keeps deleting my posts... good plan R&W... delete the evidence... I see you have been taking Trump lessons...

Mod edit: you should get evidence before levelling false accusations, there’s more than one mod on this board
Ah yes the old DOUBLE STANDARD card.

You notice that also eh Sambo.

I was going to let it slide, but I will report Red White just for fun and principle.

Mods should not be allowed to break their own rules.
Col. Hans Landa: You'll be shot for this!
Lt. Aldo Raine: Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before.

...if I were you bri I'd choose Dave to file a report with...tell him about your multiple accounts too okay?
The law firm of Sedgewick - Austin - Taylor and Hall have been notified and consulted. 

RedandWhite

...good, the ban hammer has been notified and consulted...rule #9

Aerial

Early numbers for ratings show a drop:

Sunday's Super Bowl, the highest-scoring game in its 52-year history, hit nearly a 10-year ratings low with updated viewership tallies.
The marquee event of the television calendar, which saw the Philadelphia Eagles nab their first Super Bowl victory, averaged 103.4 million viewers. With streaming, NBC cites a total audience of 106 million viewers. Either way, it's a steep drop from last year's linear haul. 

Initial returns had the game averaging a 47.4 overnight rating among metered market households on NBC. That was down 3 percent from comparable numbers for the 2017 game. ...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/super-bowl-ratings-1081648
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Hank01

An NFL ad spoofing dirty dancing with Eli Manning as Patrick Swayze and Odell Beckham Jr. as Jennifer Grey.

Hilarious!

That was a good one.
So was that Australia Tourism ad and a few other ones.

But don't let it overshadow the great game that it was.
CFL fans will try to downplay the game itself but it was a fantastic game.   Yes there were questionable calls but we are CFL fans and we expect a flag to be thrown after every pass !!!
I loved the fact that there were so few penalties and the refs let them play  and NO challenges.  
Ambrosie at his town hall is talking about adding another challenge.................can you imagine that happening last night on that Hail Mary play?
 I was thinking that myself . Just great flow to the game . Please CFL stop the penalty bananza you are literally killing the league by a hundred paper cuts .

Just a game played well with the officials being a non factor . 

It was just brilliant last night and as a CFL first guy the last few Super Bowls were hard to beat for entertainment . The NFL has taken the best of the CFL with passing and surpassed us with total game flow management .

We have the athletes in this CFL just let them play the game and stop analyzing a penalty for heavens sake . I don't mind interruptions for out of bounds or fumbles to get it right but lets get rid of this ticky tack penalty filled CFL games .

If they want to challenge a penalty then challenge it was not a penalty leave the penalty calls on the field . If they didn't see it in real time action you don't go to slo mo to call a penalty .
MY NEW HERO JORDAN PETERSON FOR PRIME MINISTER

Aerial

The NFL has taken the best of the CFL with passing and surpassed us with total game flow management .
Hank, a very general statement, certainly not all NFL games are like this in the least. 

But fine, the message is loud and clear, refs will be letting more stuff go and I think that is exactly what will be happening in the upcoming campaign.  And I bet, dollars to donuts, there will be just as much beatching that they are letting too much stuff go.  Just you wait and see.  

Look, the average fan wants to see high scoring games and just don't really care about defense.  That's what I think, people loved this SB because of high scoring, lots of offence and few flags.  Of course being a close one didn't hurt either.  ;)

tabbyfan

Hilarious!

That was a good one.
Hmm, on Shaw even if you watch on NBC the commercials are Cdn, I guess not for Rogers/Bell?

TravelPat1

Early numbers for ratings show a drop:

Sunday's Super Bowl, the highest-scoring game in its 52-year history, hit nearly a 10-year ratings low with updated viewership tallies.
The marquee event of the television calendar, which saw the Philadelphia Eagles nab their first Super Bowl victory, averaged 103.4 million viewers. With streaming, NBC cites a total audience of 106 million viewers. Either way, it's a steep drop from last year's linear haul.

Initial returns had the game averaging a 47.4 overnight rating among metered market households on NBC. That was down 3 percent from comparable numbers for the 2017 game. ...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/super-bowl-ratings-1081648
Yes ratings were down but according to Sports Media Watch - even though they were down .......

Despite the lows, Sunday’s game still delivered the ninth-largest Super Bowl audience ever and the tenth-largest audience in U.S. television history.
We'll never know how many people watched up here of course because anybody (like me) who watched the non sim subbed NBC feed in English don't get counted in the ratings.

If Shaw was simsubbing for the game yesterday - they were breaking CRTC regulations that applied specifically and only to the Super Bowl. I'm on Cogeco and seconds before the kickoff the CTV simsubbed signal flipped to NBC on the NBC station number on my cable. You could tell the second they did it because there was a slight change in volume level and clarity of the picture and the 'CTV'  etched in the bottom right corner disappeared.

In French on RDS 986,000 on average watched the game. (FYI - The Grey Cup on RDS  drew 220,000 for comparison purposes for those interested)

Users Online

65 Guests, 6 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, KevinRiley2, RedandWhite, J5V, toddstattoo, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 86. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)