TravelPat1

The juggernaut that is MLSE have reached a reported 20 year - $800 million dollar deal with Scotiabank that will see the Air Canada Centre renamed Scotiabank Arena next summer.  That is $40 million per year.  That is ten times the $4 million per year Air Canada paid. 

I suspect it will be quite awhile though before people stop referring to the building as the ACC.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/scotiabank-arena-rights-deal-mlse-air-canada-centre-1.4267176

Mightygoose

Well at least they're giving us 10 months notice!

It's really incredible what the right building in the biggest market will fetch. If the Leafs continue their progression and the Raptors remain competitive in the near future, this will make both parties quite happy.

The amount over the long haul is about what a new arena will cost when this deal is up and MLSE will have plenty of ways to pay for it.

RedandWhite

I suspect it will be quite awhile though before people stop referring to the building as the ACC.
...I really miss the home of the canucks being called GM Place, nicknamed 'the garage'...because now you can't remind canuck fans that the garage is where the tools are kept...

...glad I don't do any banking business with Scotia, that is a ridiculous amount of money for naming rights to a building that houses perennial underachievers ...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

ActionNews

This deal is not accurate. MLSE is not going to receive $800 million or anything close to it. They will opt out in 5 years. Same thing happened to other deals they made. 

alphamale111

This deal is not accurate. MLSE is not going to receive $800 million or anything close to it. They will opt out in 5 years. Same thing happened to other deals they made.
What are you smoking?
You know for a fact they will opt out?
You are so full of it.

ActionNews

Yes i know this. They agreed to cease terms in Ottawa. They used Ottawa's owner being unhappy for personal reasons and used banking as an excuse.

Scotiabank is not in the business to spend unnecessary funds for marketing. Not $800m. They are doing this to expect large returns from the crooks at Maple Leaf Gardens Sports.... eeerrrr I mean the new name Maple Leaf Sports.

This company has been around for like 100 years and they do business a certain way. Scotiabank is trying to get a larger deal to be involved in personal assets being sent to their banking for RIF's and Tax assertions. No way Scotiabank hands over $800m and gets nothing out of it. They tried this with the Blue Jays and it didn't work. Will MLG, I mean MLSE cooperate?

we will see. But I assure you this bank is not sending them $800m of their money. 

ActionNews

History between the great folks at Maple Leaf Gardens (same company as MLSE) and Bank of Novia Scotia and Canada Trust.

Pension funds BS scam

Aerial

Does set the bar high for naming rights in other cities although, for Canada, downtown Toronto is probably as high as an arena would fetch for naming rights mind you.  MLSE is like a tree where money just grows on perpetually.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

KevinRiley2

The juggernaut that is MLSE have reached a reported 20 year - $800 million dollar deal with Scotiabank that will see the Air Canada Centre renamed Scotiabank Arena next summer.  That is $40 million per year.  That is ten times the $4 million per year Air Canada paid.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/scotiabank-arena-rights-deal-mlse-air-canada-centre-1.4267176
Air Canada got the naming rights for $4M/yr?  Good Lord.  Talk about a "song".
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

What are you smoking?
You are so full of it.
Please calm down, AlphaMale.  He is allowed his opinion.

alphamale111

What are you smoking?
You are so full of it.

LOL  -  of course he is. However, he is not free from criticism. That's the funny part about opinions. Especially when you are posting them as if they are factual.

KevinRiley2

What are you smoking?
You are so full of it.

LOL  -  of course he is. However, he is not free from criticism. That's the funny part about opinions. Especially when you are posting them as if they are factual.
Fair enough.

P.S.  I know you are an "alphamale", but please keep the comments civil and without aggression.  Being witty and clever, like me, works a lot better than brute force.  ;)

alphamale111

What are you smoking?
You are so full of it.

Fair enough.

P.S.  I know you are an "alphamale", but please keep the comments civil and without aggression.  Being witty and clever, like me, works a lot better than brute force.  ;)
I'll use more emoji  :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

KevinRiley2

What are you smoking?
You are so full of it.

Fair enough.

P.S.  I know you are an "alphamale", but please keep the comments civil and without aggression.  Being witty and clever, like me, works a lot better than brute force.  ;)
I'll use more emoji  :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P
That works!  Good man!!!  ;)

oo DAWG oo

The only emoji needed... ::)

Guess if we cut down Fake news...err i mean action news posts Kevin will come running

Users Online

87 Guests, 11 Users (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Argofan_1000, xlnt, brianjoxx, DavidThompson, FormerlyTurkish, Lyle B. Style, J5V, DavidC, Gerbear20, Mightygoose, GHT120, Yahoo! (2), Google (11), Baidu

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)