FootbalYouBet

"Bieber is super-talented"

I just had my laugh for the day

in fact, this one will probably be good for a few days
The worst thing about being on the west coast is that when I want to post at night, everyone else is asleep or passed out

Lyle B. Style

I find it funny that some people are so quick to discredit legitimate accomplishments.  
No discredit. Ronda legally fleeced millions of their hard earned dollars. It was a very legitimate and well crafted plan. And she succeeded.
How did she fleece anyone?  She beat the top fighters in her weight class at the time.  She didn't duck any big fights, Holm and Nunes just weren't ready until ~2015.
She ducked Cyborg for years. Cyborg was bigger, stronger and much rougher than Rousey could ever dream of. She managed to duck Cyborg semi-legitimately with Dana White's help - Cyborg was portrayed as a 145 lb. fighter - Rousey clung to the 135 lb. area like there was no tomorrow. They probably could have met at a catch weight of somewhere around 138 to 141 as Ronda was plumping up last few years.

Yes, she beat Miesha Tate twice, Miesha took her deep into one of their two fights, showing far too much respect for Ronda's ability to grind her arm off (ronda's specialty) while Ronda finally met Holm at 135, Holm forced to come down from her boxing weight of over 147 - yet she manhandled Ronda, hurt her badly before finally kicking Ronda's head off.
Nunes was a shorter and apparently weaker woman but Nunas brutalized Ronda for nearly 45 seconds before the official "protected" Ronda by way of TKO,
In the world of real fighting, where punches, kicks and holds hurt Ronda is a spent force.
The natural next big fight for UFC is Cyborg vs. Holm II (Holm went the distance with a supreme killer)
or Nunes vs. Cyborg (Nunes has an attack plan but after stinging Cyborg for the better part of the first round, she'll run out of gas and Cyborg will put her away)

Nunes vs. Holm would be a saleable fight in UFC terms.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

okie

In the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer, Dave Meltzer notes that perhaps the primary reason for hiring Ronda Rousey by the WWE is to get Stephanie McMahon recognizable as a mainstream personality.

While that might sound insane, Vince is spending roughly $100 million in the resurrection of the XFL.  Curiously, that is the same amount spent on Linda McMahon's 2 failed Senate bids.  Both arguably were done because they wanted to make a name for themselves outside of wrestling.

Iconic SR

In the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer, Dave Meltzer notes that perhaps the primary reason for hiring Ronda Rousey by the WWE is to get Stephanie McMahon recognizable as a mainstream personality.

While that might sound insane, Vince is spending roughly $100 million in the resurrection of the XFL.  Curiously, that is the same amount spent on Linda McMahon's 2 failed Senate bids.  Both arguably were done because they wanted to make a name for themselves outside of wrestling.
Sounds like Trump when he wanted to make a name for himself outside of real estate development and TV reality shows. Just wants a bigger pond to play in. 
= MORE $$

Lyle B. Style

While that might sound insane, Vince is spending roughly $100 million in the resurrection of the XFL.  Curiously, that is the same amount spent on Linda McMahon's 2 failed Senate bids.  Both arguably were done because they wanted to make a name for themselves outside of wrestling.
Sounds like Trump when he wanted to make a name for himself outside of real estate development and TV reality shows. Just wants a bigger pond to play in.
= MORE $$
Agree with most of your comments. Keep in mind Trump was only early to mid-60s when he decided to make a slow-play into presidential politics. Isn't Vince McMahon somewhere between 72 and 75? Much better shape than Trump but Vince is an old man now - he's doing this to get his 42 year old daughter a nice platform - heeling or allying with Ronda Rousey is a good way to build her up . . . I suspect McMahon might even make offers to Holly Holm, Cyborg & Miesha Tate (all camera friendly athletes, sorry Amanda Nunes isn't) giving them healthy paycheques in order to be humiliated & defeated (the McMahon playbook) by the Ronda/Stephanie team. Imagine Ronda's orgasmic expression if she was booked to choke out the woman (Holm) who kicked her head off in UFC?
Or if Stephanie was somehow able to go over on Cyborg & Tate (for massive appearance fees)

KevinRiley2

While that might sound insane, Vince is spending roughly $100 million in the resurrection of the XFL.  Curiously, that is the same amount spent on Linda McMahon's 2 failed Senate bids. 
You can`t be serious.  
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Users Online

85 Guests, 5 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Davaidengi, Lyle B. Style, KevinRiley2, J5V, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 139. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)