Aerial

Just my opinion - I could be Howie Meeker!
Too funny but I liked him, he was or just seemed to be so genuine.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Lyle B. Style

To me the biggest disappointment nearing the quarter pole the season is the Oilers... apart from the dynamic duo of McDavid and Draisaitl, they can't seem to score... if you add RNH to the mix they have scored nearly half the team's goals... their secondary scoring seems to be non-existant at this point.
The Oilers finally broke the witch's spell of the Vegan Golden Knights - up 8-2 late in tonite's game. Jets could barely breathe vs. the hard=checkin', never-give-up attitude of the Knights - the Jets were squashed last Friday 5-2 and according to reports it could have been worse!

Finally, the Oilers spelled off the rumour about Las Vegas's invincibility. Jets just keeled into the fetal position.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

sambo42

The Jets are playing good hockey... they have the ingredients to be a contender... size, skill, scoring, good mix of youngsters and vets, good D, and Hellebuyck stellar in net... even though they are losing in Nashville, I would say Winnipeg, not Edmonton, is the team to watch this season.

OskeeweeneeVI

The Jets are playing good hockey... they have the ingredients to be a contender... size, skill, scoring, good mix of youngsters and vets, good D, and Hellebuyck stellar in net... even though they are losing in Nashville, I would say Winnipeg, not Edmonton, is the team to watch this season.
Good to see.  Their fans deserve it.

Lyle B. Style

Good to see.  Their fans deserve it.
Yes, we certainly do. But the Jets are woefully weak in possession numbers - and their exits out of their own zone and entries into the opponents zones need plenty of work.
The possession numbers are being cap-sized by the great goal-tending and pure hustle the team has shown.
Right now, at the quarter pole - the Jets are easily the 2nd best NHL team in Canada.
However, at season's end they'll be hard-pressed to make playoffs (I suspect they'll qualify at around #13 to #16.
Toronto will finish at least 5, maybe 8 pts higher than the Jets.
Edmonton will overcome their early season woes and finish around the same as the Jets - perhaps 1 or 2 pts. higher.
Ottawa, ditto.

Calgary - around 2 pts below the Jets; Montreal around 4 pts under the Jets, Vancouver around 7 pts. under the Jets.

Once the Jets goal-tending comes down to earth, they suffer another 1 or 2 key injuries they'll go on one of their patented 8 to 10 game losing streaks. Super special youngins like Laine & Ehlers seem to be tamed by opposition coaches - put them under careful watch where they can sense you're breathing on them, and they become impotent.

btw - even with a 7 to 9 game losing streak - I still think the Jets will capture a playoff spot this year. They better as fans are getting real antsy. Be a first round casualty though - perhaps going down in 4 or 5 games.

sambo42

Lyle, even if the Jets were perfect at this point in the season, you will still try to find fault with the team... relax and enjoy a team that is poised to be a Cup contender in the next 2 to 3 seasons...

Lyle B. Style

Watch tonite Sambo - the Jets take on slumping L.A. Kings w/ Canadian Popeye coaching!

Look who's in big slumps for L.A. - one is Dustin Brown - the Jets have a long and proud record of busting slumping opponents out of their sad sack slumps.

Brown should score at least 1 goal tonite - maybe more!

Cure for the Edmonton Oilers is the Winnipeg Jets. Connor McDavid would score 4 goals and 3 assists against the Jets. Slumping goaler Cam Talbot might have a shutout against all the Jets pad-thumpers!

sambo42

lol... Jets won that game 2-1... there is another mark of a good team...they win the close games... and they did it on the road to boot... and their "backup" in net... he recorded 38 saves as well, so what more do you want, Lyle? I will throw you a bone... I do think that they need a better coach, but even despite that, they are playing well... too bad you are too negative and trying to look smart by dumping on them... I'm sure there are more than enough fans to enjoy how good this team is, and support a franchise that is on its way up. Too bad you can't count yourself among them.

Lyle B. Style

lol... Jets won that game 2-1... there is another mark of a good team...they win the close games... and they did it on the road to boot... and their "backup" in net... he recorded 38 saves as well, so what more do you want, Lyle? I will throw you a bone... I do think that they need a better coach, but even despite that, they are playing well... too bad you are too negative and trying to look smart by dumping on them... I'm sure there are more than enough fans to enjoy how good this team is, and support a franchise that is on its way up. Too bad you can't count yourself among them.
I don't look smart at all Slambo - I was upside down in my prediction.
Truthfully, Jets fans are over-joyed but a bit more reluctant than I to see the other shoe drop.
Even you can see the Jets systems aren't entirely that solid.
They were hard-pressed by a team of aggressive mutts - sometimes their d-men disappear on command.
But they sure put up with the LA Sweathogs last nite - despite their best shooters being rather impotent vs. J Quick the LA goal er,
Truth be told - the Jets are extremely fragile possessing the puck. Their passing is rather feeble at time and their entries and exits are sloppy too!
Yet they continue to win. Now 3rd in the entire NHL. Don't think that's ever happened before.
Biggest problem is when their goal-tending comes back down to earth. Highly paid Jetsmen like Blade Wheeler and Brian Littler (both 31/32) are starting to show obvious decline. Byfuglien, the ginormous d-man is having a helluva time buttoning up his impulses to be the team rover - and even when he stays at home he's really not much of a bully in front of his own net or re-possessing the puck.

sambo42

Good teams will not expose their weaknesses... and the Jets have been doing exactly that-- while the Oilers have not, and you see the results. I think Winnipeg will be a team to be reckoned with come playoff time.

DAN38

Meeker won 4 Stanley Cups, the Calder, once scored 5 goals in a game, is the last living member of the 1st all-star game, is in the HHOF and most importantly, he did all this after he was seriously wounded fighting in WW2.
    A great man, I'm glad I got to meet him once.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Hank01

Meeker won 4 Stanley Cups, the Calder, once scored 5 goals in a game, is the last living member of the 1st all-star game, is in the HHOF and most importantly, he did all this after he was seriously wounded fighting in WW2.
    A great man, I'm glad I got to meet him once.
  A very respected man . He had that high tone screeching voice . There never was a better teacher of the game . Miss him on HNIC .

Loved the second city TV's  send up of him with Howie mcMeeker's Curling tips it was spot on with Martin Short playing Howie .

sambo42

I don't look smart at all Slambo - I was upside down in my prediction.
Truthfully, Jets fans are over-joyed but a bit more reluctant than I to see the other shoe drop.
Even you can see the Jets systems aren't entirely that solid.
They were hard-pressed by a team of aggressive mutts - sometimes their d-men disappear on command.
But they sure put up with the LA Sweathogs last nite - despite their best shooters being rather impotent vs. J Quick the LA goal er,
Truth be told - the Jets are extremely fragile possessing the puck. Their passing is rather feeble at time and their entries and exits are sloppy too!
Yet they continue to win. Now 3rd in the entire NHL. Don't think that's ever happened before.
Biggest problem is when their goal-tending comes back down to earth. Highly paid Jetsmen like Blade Wheeler and Brian Littler (both 31/32) are starting to show obvious decline. Byfuglien, the ginormous d-man is having a helluva time buttoning up his impulses to be the team rover - and even when he stays at home he's really not much of a bully in front of his own net or re-possessing the puck.
Jets win again... good solid road victories... they are an elite team as of right now, and I don't see them tanking anytime soon, and exciting team to watch too, to be honest... unlike the Oilers, who were seconds away from being shutout in Buffalo... even McDavid can't carry the team like everyone wants him to, he needs help, they are getting no secondary scoring, too many overrated players, IMO...

Hank01

As of today The Vegas Boogie Nights are in first place in their division and 4th over all in the entire league . It's almost December and they are playing like no other 
expansion team I have ever seen in it's first year .

Dirk Diggler is the leading scorer no wait he was let go it's William Karlsson  with 13 goals and 9 assists for 22 points.

What a start for these guys; I keep waiting for something to drop but it just gets 
better . 

Aerial

Dirk Diggler is the leading scorer no wait he was let go it's William Karlsson  with 13 goals and 9 assists for 22 points.
Nice one Hank, got a chuckle from that!

Users Online

77 Guests, 7 Users (4 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, TravelPat1, joe, cheater, 72er, Google (4)

Most Online Today: 130. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)