Hank01

Too funny with Subban and Gallagher trading barbs, it was funny when Gallagher went to hit Subban but fell down and the Preds end up winning.  Watched the interview on Sportscentre this morning with Subban and boy did he have a hard time not really laughing about that.   Gallagher is a tough kid, that's for sure, love the way the guy plays.
The shootout sucks... all the NHL has done is dress up the tie by awarding a team an extra point. I would make the overtime 4 on 4 for 10 minutes, and if you get scored on you lose the point, with the winning team getting 2pts. Then maybe teams don't play for the tie in the final minutes of regulation, and you see much better hockey.
 I agree with what you say, Sambo, but I would let the losing team in OT still get the 1 point and the winning team get 3. Then you would see some fired up action. Dump the stupid shootout. I would much rather a tie.
  Agree but no points unless you win just wins and losses no ties .The standings right now just look awkward with teams that are actually losers looking like they have a winning record at first glance . Just go right down to three on three and there will be a goal soon enough in OT .

Lyle B. Style

Jets on home ice tonite - will prolly absorb their 3rd consecutive loss to NHL's top-ranked team, Tampa!

Jets are floundering and their consistently poor coaching is their final undoing.

Best outcome is Tampa is beset by the flu bug, can only dress 14 or 15 skaters and Jets manage to push them to OT before succumbing in either the 3 on 3 or shoot out.

Jets will make the Tampa goaler look all-universe tonite - with their persistent pad-thumping and poorly timed shots.

The panic buttons will be in full screech mode - at approx. 10pm Winnipeg time tonite!!!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

TravelPat1

Tampa aren't in Winnipeg - they are in Buffalo tonight after losing to the Leafs last night.  We did have Jets announcer Dennis Beyak calling the Bolts-Leafs game on TSN4 last night with both the usual TSN4 Leafs play-by-play guys Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert over in Korea.  His name was even trending on Twitter last night in the GTA as Leafs fans were reacting to the 'new' voice on a Leafs broadcast.  

He's hardly a new voice for Leafs fans though as he was one of their two play-by-play radio guys from 1998 - 2011. He did radio for all the games when Joe Bowen was doing the Leafs regional TV games on both Sportsnet and TSN. Bowen was the radio guy when the Leafs were on CBC.  Beyak also did the Marlies games on TV for years. 

Another impressive performance by the Leafs. More and more pressure now to maybe go all in at the trade deadline as they continue to look very good. 

Lyle B. Style

Tampa aren't in Winnipeg - they are in Buffalo tonight after losing to the Leafs last night.  We did have Jets announcer Dennis Beyak calling the Bolts-Leafs game on TSN4 last night with both the usual TSN4 Leafs play-by-play guys Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert over in Korea.  His name was even trending on Twitter last night in the GTA as Leafs fans were reacting to the 'new' voice on a Leafs broadcast.  

He's hardly a new voice for Leafs fans though as he was one of their two play-by-play radio guys from 1998 - 2011. He did radio for all the games when Joe Bowen was doing the Leafs regional TV games on both Sportsnet and TSN. Bowen was the radio guy when the Leafs were on CBC.  Beyak also did the Marlies games on TV for years.

Another impressive performance by the Leafs. More and more pressure now to maybe go all in at the trade deadline as they continue to look very good.
Sorry Pat, my bad. Ray Jauch's favorite team Wershington is in town to play our beloved Jets tonite. Should be a feast tonite for Ovechkin as the Jets are really injured and no one is gonna want to get in the way of his blasts. He's got 33 goals already - should be able to meet or exceed 35 by end of tonite's festivities.

Jets are in a downhill slide - which should continue indefinitely with too many quality players out (Lowry, Trouba, Hutch, etc.) and the Caps ascending!

Jets goalie Hellybuyck starting to break down slightly - he'll barf up another softee (or more) tonite, no doubt!

Aerial

Tampa aren't in Winnipeg - they are in Buffalo tonight after losing to the Leafs last night.  We did have Jets announcer Dennis Beyak calling the Bolts-Leafs game on TSN4 last night with both the usual TSN4 Leafs play-by-play guys Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert over in Korea.  His name was even trending on Twitter last night in the GTA as Leafs fans were reacting to the 'new' voice on a Leafs broadcast.  

He's hardly a new voice for Leafs fans though as he was one of their two play-by-play radio guys from 1998 - 2011. He did radio for all the games when Joe Bowen was doing the Leafs regional TV games on both Sportsnet and TSN. Bowen was the radio guy when the Leafs were on CBC.  Beyak also did the Marlies games on TV for years.

Pat, remember, always remember, the Leafs won't win the SC this year or anytime soon.  It's like Einstein's Theory of Relativity, just is.   ;)
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Mightygoose

Per Elliott Friedman on Twitter

Seattle's ownership group has formally filed its application and $10M downpayment for NHL expansion

Lyle B. Style

Pat, remember, always remember, the Leafs won't win the SC this year or anytime soon.  It's like Einstein's Theory of Relativity, just is.   ;)
If someone provided 10-1 odds I'd plunk down a wad 'o cash on the Leafs. These Leafs don't resemble any of the other mope-like Leaf teams of last 50 years. Much stronger across the board - w/ strong goal-tending to boot. Best NHL coach doesn't hurt. Bit of a problem with overall team depth, #5 & #6 d-men but certainly up there with the league's best.

I'm about even odds for the Jets making playoffs - a fresh slump will put Jet fans in the doghouse. No matter - they'll be exiting the playoffs in first series - 6 or 7 games. . . . . another stepping stone for the Jets. Just a bit lacking in scoring when pressured - either pad-thumping, shooting wide or barfing up possession. Jets top draft pick Laine is a virtual turnover machine - rarely hangs onto pucks longer than 1/2 sec. or less!

TravelPat1

The beat goes on for the Leafs with tonight's 6 - 3 win over Columbus.  Nine wins in their last ten games for both the Leafs and the Raps.  Great two to three weeks to be a Southern Ontario sports fan. 

Freddy Anderson with a 54 save performance tonight has to now be in the Vezina conversation.

Tonight it was the Marner, Marleau and Kadri line doing all the damage with Kadri getting the hat trick plus 2 assists.  

sambo42

I haven't watched any men's Olympic hockey yet, but I bet its about as exciting as the NHL season is at this point... maybe a few more upsets might make Olympics worth watching... 

TravelPat1

Unfortunate incident at the Caps - Blackhawks game in Chicago last night when four idiot fans apparently started shouting 'basketball, basketball' at  Devante Smith-Pelly (who is black) when he was in the penalty box.

Glad to see how it was handled though. The off ice official seated in the penalty box reported the taunts to building security and they immediately ejected the four fools. The Hawks apologized to the Capitals and Smith-Pelly.  Bettman also publicly condemned the incident.

http://www.startribune.com/black-nhl-player-devante-smith-pelly-taunted-by-chicago-fans/474409823/

Bettman says no one "should ever have to endure such abuse at one of our games."

The fans were shouting "basketball, basketball, basketball," during the Blackhawks' 7-1 win. An off-ice official sitting next to Smith-Pelly notified building security, and the fans were ejected.
Bettman says the NHL plans to remind all stakeholders that "they are entitled to enjoy a positive environment, free from unacceptable, inappropriate, disruptive, inconsiderate or unruly behaviors or actions and may not engage in conduct deemed detrimental to that experience."
The Blackhawks issued a statement apologizing to Smith-Pelly and the Capitals following the game, and said they "are committed to providing an inclusive environment."

After the game, the caps coach Barry Trotz said the player was "a little upset."

"There's absolutely no place in the game of hockey or our country for racism," Trotz said. "I think it's disgusting."

TravelPat1

The Leafs winning streak ended last night when the Pens scored 2 in the third to knock them off 5-3.  It was a really good game though through the first two periods. Hopefully a turnaround for the Leafs tonight in Detroit. 

As for the Pens. Lookout - they are rolling into form now having won 11 home games in a rw now. 

FootbalYouBet

The Leafs winning streak ended last night when the Pens scored 2 in the third to knock them off 5-3.  It was a really good game though through the first two periods. Hopefully a turnaround for the Leafs tonight in Detroit.

As for the Pens. Lookout - they are rolling into form now having won 11 home games in a rw now.
sure, when I want the leafs to win, they lose.  bummer
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

sambo42

sure, when I want the leafs to win, they lose.  bummer
 I always want the Leafs to lose, that I way I know everything is right in the world, lol

TravelPat1

I guess things have been not quite right in your world the past month Sambo.  With the last minute win over the Wings last night the Leafs have now won 10 of their last 12 games.   :)

sambo42

The trade deadline is this Monday, Feb 26... and the top name who is apparently available? Erik Karlsson... I don't know if that is a good move for the Sens or not... depends on who or what they get for him... the Sens could look much different on Tuesday as Brassard, Hoffman and Smith are all on the trading block, according to TSN. Also Oduya might be somewhere else come Monday.

Users Online

96 Guests, 5 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TravelPat1, popo, ExPat, blackandgld, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 137. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)