Aerial

NHL, none of this matters at this point, just do what you have to do to get in the post season.  And post season, then I'll really start watching and paying attention.  So many games mid season and with the NFL playoffs, not much into the NHL right now.

But yes, Calgary is looking pretty good, for what it's worth at this point in time in January, which isn't much other than you don't want to be in a position that makes the playoffs quite unlikely.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

sambo42

Jets beat the red-hot Flames 2-1... good game this afternoon, a well played game all around. The best about the 6 pm games was the tribute to Red Fisher. Other than that...

Lyle B. Style

Jets beat the red-hot Flames 2-1... good game this afternoon, a well played game all around. The best about the 6 pm games was the tribute to Red Fisher. Other than that...
Jets played a superb all-round game - pocked by their regularly scheduled pad-thumping. Ehlers, Laine & Connor, their usual snipers were routinely turned back by Anderson in the Flames net.

Shocked *and surprised the Jets were able to take two points out of Cowtown. They were 0-6 in OT thus far.

Still like Jets to slither into the playoffs (somewhere between #5 & #8 seed) but expect 1st round casualties (6 or 7 game series)

Vegas Golden Gamblers on the other hand will prolly get seeded #3 to #6 . . . . . I rate them as even money to win their first round series - - - - far more rugged and fierce-checking group than the hi-flyin' Jets.

Jets won't get by the first round, Vegas will get KO'd in Rd. 2.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

FootbalYouBet

Jets played a superb all-round game - pocked by their regularly scheduled pad-thumping. Ehlers, Laine & Connor, their usual snipers were routinely turned back by Anderson in the Flames net.

Shocked *and surprised the Jets were able to take two points out of Cowtown. They were 0-6 in OT thus far.

Still like Jets to slither into the playoffs (somewhere between #5 & #8 seed) but expect 1st round casualties (6 or 7 game series)

Vegas Golden Gamblers on the other hand will prolly get seeded #3 to #6 . . . . . I rate them as even money to win their first round series - - - - far more rugged and fierce-checking group than the hi-flyin' Jets.

so who should I bet on to win the cup
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

Lyle B. Style

so who should I bet on to win the cup
If you can get decent odds bet on a Boston Bruins vs. Smashville final. Also bet on Paul La Maurice being relieved of his duties should Jets bail out of playoff duty - or make playoffs but exit in 4, 5 or 6 games!

sambo42

Note to FYB-- Jets win, again... take everything Lyle says with a huge dose of salt... I'm assuming he is a Jets' fan... but has a funny way of showing it...

FootbalYouBet

Note to FYB-- Jets win, again... take everything Lyle says with a huge dose of salt... I'm assuming he is a Jets' fan... but has a funny way of showing it...
some of it takes a whole bottle of ketchup :)

Lyle B. Style

Just because I'm NOT a fan-boy deluxe like most of ya! lol

sambo42

Only when it comes to Jill Officer?  ::)

Lyle B. Style

Only when it comes to Jill Officer?  ::)
Ooops, appears I've been outed!

Had a crush on that gape-mouthed amazon since her earliest days appearing on TSN Curling (when Jennifer Jones ruled the land)

When I was a regular on riderfans.com I got tormented about that - all them rider fanboyz were yukkin' it up in their farm bomb shelters - when I absorbed all the ribs and then unleashed the skull krushin' finale - that riderfans sex symbol was none other than Amber Holland's lead - Husky Heather Kalenchuk! (look her up)

TravelPat1

Ten in a row for the Avs.  They suddenly are looking very good.  Good entertaining game against the Leafs last night with a late goal and then an empty netter winning it 4 - 2 for the Avs. 

Bernier suddenly great in net and Nathan Mackinnon is flying. 

Hank01

As of today the first year Las Vegas expansion franchise a team assembled from cast offs is in first place . 

sambo42

As of today the first year Las Vegas expansion franchise a team assembled from cast offs is in first place .
If the NHL does this right, this could be a major sports story... an expansion team to win a championship in its first year of existence... has that ever happened before in any professional sport? 

Lyle B. Style

If the NHL does this right, this could be a major sports story... an expansion team to win a championship in its first year of existence... has that ever happened before in any professional sport?
Everything kinda came together for Vegas - they were handed 5-Hole Fleury by the Pens and then got Smith & Marchessault from Florida. Expansion teams usually are a catchweight for grinders and washouts - but this is truly amazing.

They can score - and they can also shut down opponents thru pure unadulterated grinding. Almost as if this team was built for both regular season and playoff success.

Good coaching and management too! Obvious support in Vegas

Could easily win their first 2 rounds in 5 or 6 games and then head into unknown territory.

Jets on the other hand should make playoffs (emphasis on should) but I do fear a first round exit.

Hank01

Everyone loves the underdog story especially Americans . The Vegas story if it holds would become legendary maybe as much as college kids defeating possibly the best hockey team in the world in 1980 .

Users Online

109 Guests, 20 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
SeaFiddle, everyman, CFL Pete, FootbalYouBet, Onemoredork, Holy Mackinaw, Palmer, Grover, RedandWhite, Niagara Als, djrobertson2017, schmenger, Gornaldatron, Mightygoose, Lyle B. Style, mycko75, Grimzby, safetyblitz, Google (AdSense) (11), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 188. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)