RedandWhite

.... Nothing would please me more than Vegas & The Jets meeting in the SC Finals.
Exactly how would this happen I wonder
...parallel universe where there is an NHL cross-over?
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

RedandWhite

...according to reports out of the flames camp this morning Jagr won't skate with the team again and they're working jointly on an honourable exit with calls to every team to see if there is a way to move him before an outright buy-out and release...it was a good try but his ongoing problems with a wonky groin and a bad knee are unsurmountable at this time...too bad...

Lyle B. Style

...according to reports out of the flames camp this morning Jagr won't skate with the team again and they're working jointly on an honourable exit with calls to every team to see if there is a way to move him before an outright buy-out and release...it was a good try but his ongoing problems with a wonky groin and a bad knee are unsurmountable at this time...too bad...
The wheels fell off Jaromir Jagr? Who knew???
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

RedandWhite

...I think it was a worthwhile experiment, you don't know how much of the old vet rubbed off on the younger players, if you ask around it was a lot apparently...his contract is incentive laden so the flames probably buy him out at a very reasonable value for the time spent...

sambo42

The wheels fell off Jaromir Jagr? Who knew???
 Well if you look at the Flames stats, there are 6 other guys who have less points than Jagr... so what does that say about them?

Lyle B. Style

a media mope named Darren Millard from Edmonton radio was discussing with out local mope Kevin Olansky (aka Kevin O). Guy was really hard on the Oilers who can't win for trying now - and he said Connor McJesus (their main superstar) might quit the game like Mario Lemiuex did decades ago.

Because of things like the off=side review and 2 min. for shooting a puck over the boards Millard stated the NHL is a "garbage league" - of course, most of his venom was brought on by the Winnipeg Jets (a notoriously garbage franchise) being 2nd overall in the NHL and having a wide variety of young stars.

Is it a garbage league only when the Oilers are league vermin and the Jets are hi-flyin'?  Albeit the Jets success may be seen as temporary - the organization always has more plans for failure than success.

Anyways, garbage media mopes like Olshevsky and Millard might have the collective IQ of a dead badger. Strong voices, glib enunciation, but 10 cent minds are the hallmark of most media mopes on TV & Radio.

Lyle B. Style

Jets had a minor crash landing vs. Chicago last nite - getting dumped 2-1. Pretty much the form I'd expect when Jets qualify for playoffs but can't figure out a way to slither by the first round - even if they're top-seeded. Hawks put them in a headlock for most of the game - put some muscle on Jet shooters like Laine & Wheeler, force them into barfing up the pucks on the boards and neutral zone and hope like heck Jet gaoler Hellybuyck has an off-game (he let in a real soft goal). Also, Chicago coach is 10x the head coach Paul Maurice is.

Tonite - as far a guarantee as I can make. Jets will be squashed in regular time (or OT, won't go to shootout as Jets no longer score shootout goals) by Minnesota. Two reasons, its their 2nd game in 2 nites and 2. they're starting to suck without Mark Schiefele anchoring the lineup card. Also returning Byfuglien (aka Buffalo Butt) is a wild risk-taker and costs the Jets at least 1 great scoring chance per game.

Jets fanbase won't hit the panic button - EVEN if the Hawks squash their beloved Jets tonite in Chi-Town. . . . . but they'll be searching thru their storage units to find the panic button. In order for a mass setting off - the Jets will have to lose 3 in a row. Tonite will only be #2 - and that's a GuARANTEE!

How do I back it up? Good question - if I get it wrong I won't post in this thread for 2 full weeks! But no worries - the Jets won't let me down!

sambo42

Even a Hawks' team that has Kane, Toews, Keith & Seabrook are not a team to be taken lightly...add in a great rookie in Debrincat with a healthy Crawford still can make noise in the playoffs. Jets ran into a hot goalie in Glass... he has surprised a few teams with his play. The Jets will be fine.

Lyle B. Style

Despite a slump that could be anywhere from 7 to 9 losses I suspect the Jets to easily make the playoffs. Whether they qualify at #1, #2 or #7 in their conference is the question.

History tells us a Paul Maurice coached team is no guarantee for high seeding. I suspect the Jets will need a late season surge from Schiefele and maintaining Conny Hellybuyck's Sawchukian goal-tending to acquire a 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs. If they don't rally at the end (in past year's they've won their last 7 or 8 games but that's because they're already out of the playoffs and are trying to send a mean message to their owners - don't get a top draft pick to replace a couple of the local mopes!) - but with no late-season rally the Jets will finish #6 to #8 in seeding (8% chance they'll shat the floor and finish 9th and out of playoffs) and lose in 5 or 6 games their first round series.

sambo42

I think will finish higher than that... they will have their ups and downs, just like every other NHL team. Jets are too good to go a prolonged losing streak, and they have a favourable schedule too, most of their remaining games are at home(21 of 36 games).

Lyle B. Style

I think will finish higher than that... they will have their ups and downs, just like every other NHL team. Jets are too good to go a prolonged losing streak, and they have a favourable schedule too, most of their remaining games are at home(21 of 36 games).
Did you watch them play last nite vs. Minnesota sambo? No spirit, no vigour, no fight! The triple threat of a mope team!

They've got 5 days off to re-calibrate for Calgary. If the excuse for losing back to back to Chicago & Minny was tiredness they'll be trotting out rust as the excuse for getting blasted by Calgary for their 3rd straight loss.

Missing Schiefele starting to set in. Missing Tanev & Lowry also effecting the squad. Maurice has to coach differently when Byfuglien and his loose ways in lineup, too!

Lyle B. Style

Appears those Chicago Blackhawks are for real - after polishing off first half Stanley cup champ Winnipeg Jets a couple days back - the Hawks came back down to earth today - absorbing a 4-0 thumping from the woeful Detroit Red Wings.

4 goals on 22 shots - vs. the 33 yr old rookie the Jets could barely beat.

Just shows that the mighty Jets are in full free fall . . . . . although local media isn't quite leaning on the panic horn . . . Jets stowed away a few acorns and can squander about 10 points before things get serious in Winterpeg . . . .

Resting on laurels is a new experience for Jet fans . . . . . but they'll work it for all its worth nonetheless.

Just don't understand how all the media monkeys like Cherry, McLean, Boob McKenzie, O-Dog, rated the Jets as for real.

Any team with Mark Schiefele on the shelf for up to 10 weeks, with a floater like Dustin Byfgulien in the lineup, missing guys like Tanev & Lowry and featuring a head coach who's absorbed more losses than any coach in NHL history - I can almost imagine the Jets finding a way to struggle so badly they need a final 2 week push to even qualify for the post-season.

That's why I never get too excited about the Jets. Especially with Real Byfuglien and Finish Byfuglien.

sambo42

Appears those Chicago Blackhawks are for real - after polishing off first half Stanley cup champ Winnipeg Jets a couple days back - the Hawks came back down to earth today - absorbing a 4-0 thumping from the woeful Detroit Red Wings.

Just shows that the mighty Jets are in full free fall . . . . . although local media isn't quite leaning on the panic horn . . . Jets stowed away a few acorns and can squander about 10 points before things get serious in Winterpeg . . . .

Resting on laurels is a new experience for Jet fans . . . . . but they'll work it for all its worth nonetheless.

Just don't understand how all the media monkeys like Cherry, McLean, Boob McKenzie, O-Dog, rated the Jets as for real.

Any team with Mark Schiefele on the shelf for up to 10 weeks, with a floater like Dustin Byfgulien in the lineup, missing guys like Tanev & Lowry and featuring a head coach who's absorbed more losses than any coach in NHL history - I can almost imagine the Jets finding a way to struggle so badly they need a final 2 week push to even qualify for the post-season.

That's why I never get too excited about the Jets. Especially with Real Byfuglien and Finish Byfuglien.
 You are panicking, and its unnecessary-- there is still half a season to go and the Jets have almost two-thirds of their games on home ice. They have a great shot have home ice throughout the playoffs, or least until the conference final. I'm not saying they will, but chances are good they are going to be a top seed come playoff time. I would be very surprised if they fell that far, and Scheifele will be back in plenty of time for the Jets to make a run at top spot & a playoff run. No need to be alarmed about a couple of losses at this stage of the season.

TravelPat1

I would not read too much into the performance of the Hawks in that game against the Wings.  The game started at 11:30AM local time in Chicago - which I suspect may have had something to do with their lacklustre performance. They weren't awake yet when the Wings scored two early goals.  lol

Lyle B. Style

I would not read too much into the performance of the Hawks in that game against the Wings.  The game started at 11:30AM local time in Chicago - which I suspect may have had something to do with their lacklustre performance. They weren't awake yet when the Wings scored two early goals.  lol
Yep, Pat - prolly a throw-a-way game. Lots of NHL teams dump on their fans with some putrid efforts at the very worst times. Its as if the Hawks don't need the 2 points vs. a weak opponent - especially on home ice. But all NHL teams take dumps and donate points - the Pittsburgh Penguins are probably the best example. The Leafs and Oilers do it too - but mostly cuz they don't have the talent to perform at high levels on a consistent basis.

Calgary looked like they were in the sh*thole earlier, now they've won 7 in a row and will earn their 8th straight this weekend when they're fed a well-rested Winnipeg team (excuse 508 - TOO RUSTY)

Users Online

106 Guests, 20 Users (17 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Palmer, Grover, FormerlyTurkish, MadJack, slowhand, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Balticfox, Mark, tcmike, Mightygoose, KevinRiley2, letsgoticats, BillyDee87, JoeyT, Clawed2bitz, jim43bob, schmenger, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 188. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)