RedandWhite

...that jags/bills matchup will have the best crowd...the LA Coliseum could be big too, doesn’t it seat like 90,000 or so?
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

oo DAWG oo

Dawg - Sounds like your Jags fans are going to have a lot of company from Bills fans Sunday.  As much as I would love to go to the game - and get out of this -25C ice box, I'll be watching on TV.

So many Bills fans have been buying tickets that the Bills - Jags game has the most expensive tickets going of the 4 games this weekend with the cheapest tickets going for over $200. Hat tip to RedandWhite who brought my attention to the Bills invasion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cartoonoftheday/2018/01/05/buffalo-bills-could-have-home-field-advantage-on-sunday-against-the-jaguars/#66e7ee0afa19

I don't think they will be over run by bills fans... It was sold out in record time (i'm talking ALL the tickets reserved for jags fans)even the last batch (that went unused that were put aside for the bills) sold out in 3 minutes.
Jag fans are playoff hungry too

Aerial

Crazy win for the Titans over the Chiefs, I thought the Chiefs had this one in the bag and didn't watch the 2nd half, ate dinner with the wife and that but then when I saw who won and just watched the highlights during halftime of the Rams Falcons game, wow, what a TD by Mariotta , catches his own pass, too funny.

That was quite an explanation of that play in the Rams Falcons game, and it turned out to be in the Rams best interest the play, the call,  went agains't them.  Weird stuff and the explanation by the ref was a short essay that I actually didn't understand but it was a good short essay.  ;)
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

sambo42

I was hoping that all the games would be close... I did a sports select ticket for 4 tie games, with all the games being 3pts or less... I would have won close to $1500 had it panned out, but the 26-13 Falcons win made my ticket a $5 piece of paper. It was a extreme longshot, but it least it made the games somewhat interesting for me, lol...

c-way-dude

That was quite an explanation of that play in the Rams Falcons game, and it turned out to be in the Rams best interest the play, the call,  went agains't them.  Weird stuff and the explanation by the ref was a short essay that I actually didn't understand but it was a good short essay.  ;)
I liked Al Michaels commenting on how long it can take to play the last 2 minutes of an NFL or NBA game, and that hockey was the only game where the last 2 minutes actually meant the last 2 minutes.

TravelPat1

Yup Michaels is a huge hockey fan - has been a Kings season ticket holder for years. I think him and Collingsworth are the best NFL combo - glad they've got the Super Bowl this year. 

Earl - you missed quite the second half of the Titans - Chiefs game.  The Chiefs just couldn't do anything offensively in the second half after looking so good in the first.  

They managed to draw close to 75,000 for the Rams game - their best crowd of the year.  They showed the stadium being built for them in Inglewood for both the Rams and Chargers.  OMG - what a $3 billion dollar entertainment/stadium complex!

Check out some of the images in this video. 
- http://www.therams.com/interstitial/cominghome_vid.html

I went 50 - 50 on my picks being right with Atlanta but wrong with KC (although that pcik was looking like a lock at halftime). 

I hope the trend of road teams winning lasts one more game at least.  Let's Go Buffalo!

Aerial

Should have watched it for sure and yes, that is going to be one heck of a stadium, can't argue with that.

And yes, last few minutes do take too long, TV people probably like that though if they can squeeze in another commercial or so.

everyman

Pretty soon Scott Milanovich will be the flavor of the day in the NFL after having great results as jags QB coach this year. Big things ahead for him I suspect.

Aerial

Taylor is not a very good qb, he doesn't see the field very well, open receivers but he doesn't see them and doesn't know when to throw the ball out of bounds and when to run.  I guess he was better during the regular season but today he should have just stayed in bed.  Too bad for the Bills, 3 pts isn't going to win you a game.  He doesn't know how to drop the ball in the bucket either.  But he's young, he'll get better I'm sure.  Hope he's ok though.

Now with Peterman, maybe they have a chance...  And that's the game.  They should have put Peterman in earlier with Taylor just not having it today.  Oh well, congrats to the Jags.  Bills d came to play though.

Call on the field stands, agree with that.

TravelPat1

Earl you summed up Taylor pretty well.  He can have the odd good game and can sometimes keep plays alive with his feet - but he's never looked like a true # 1 QB who could consistently complete key passes and take a team to the next level. His longer throws just aren't that accurate which helps explain why the Bills had no pass plays over 50 yards all season long.

The 1st and goal from the one yard line play where he optioned out of a run call to the pass which ended up in the offensive pass interference call was a big moment in that game,  

And you are right - just as Tony Romo - who I actually quite like as the colour guy - pointed out - he is not the best at reading defences to know where there are likely be open receivers.  Bills fans and even their coaches I think know that and that is why they inserted Peterman in as a starter earlier this season to see how he would do as a rookie - because I don't think they really have faith in Taylor being the one long term that can take the team to the next level.

Congrats to you Dawg for your Jags moving on - and yes you've got a great defence - but man your QB has to play WAY better to even have a chance against the Steelers. He looked even shakier than Taylor through most of this game.

The way both these teams played today - it was a pretty lame offensive display by both sides - and that wasn't just because the defences were very good.

I expect a MUCH better offensive display - especially by the two QB's in this next game between the Panthers and Saints.

Aerial

His longer throws just aren't that accurate which helps explain why the Bills had no pass plays over 50 yards all season long.
Didn't know that Pat, interesting.  It'll be interesting how patient the Bills are with Taylor, time will tell.

The 1st and goal from the one yard line play where he optioned out of a run call to the pass which ended up in the offensive pass interference call was a big moment in that game,
Missed that, we were out a bit earlier in the afternoon and didn't watch the entire game.  Sounded from what you say a critical point in the game for sure.

FootbalYouBet

well, I am somewhat bummed by the Rams loss but it leaves us with at least 5 teams still in that have never won the SB.  Six if the Panthers win.

Saints now become my first choice to win.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

letsgoticats

Pretty soon Scott Milanovich will be the flavor of the day in the NFL after having great results as jags QB coach this year. Big things ahead for him I suspect.
Might have spoken a little too soon there.  Blake Bortles looked awful.  Don't think it has anything to do with Milanovich though, the guy just can't make the throws/decisions that are needed.  

oo DAWG oo

Pat ..
Your right but Bortles is a Jekyll and Hyde kinda QB ..what one will show up.

He's been mostly good this year but the last 3 weeks were bad but thankfully he has some feet and they decided to let him use them. 

If the good Bortles shows up we could put another pounding on the steelers..our defense is good so maybe the win put some mojo into the team.

Not a Superbowl team but at least they started to win ....

I'm just happy they took out Buffalo

everyman

Might have spoken a little too soon there.  Blake Bortles looked awful.  Don't think it has anything to do with Milanovich though, the guy just can't make the throws/decisions that are needed.  
Yeah he was horrible as far as accuracy goes.
But he has had his best season and has made some progress and they are through the WC.
He is a gamer to be sure. But horrific mechanics today which Milanovich is generally good at. Even Ray said Milanovich straightened up his mechanics big time.

Users Online

104 Guests, 11 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
of course, rshmglsky, Aerial, brianjoxx, Iconic SR, oo DAWG oo, DavidC, Ticats1999, pdson2, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (10), Baidu

Most Online Today: 179. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)