ArgoT

The graveyard has been littered with failed US based football leagues over the decades and if this or any other nonsensical attempt gets off the ground it will only add to the RIP scenario.

EastVanMark

I do admire it though, I wish someone would start up a rival league to the NHL. You could have teams in actual hockey markets. And it could work, don't have a salary cap and you can probably lure the stars over, the, the fans would follow and it's bye bye Bettman and the NHL!
No hockey league could ever sign stars away from rh NHL. 
The WHA did so (briefly) but that was a different time. 

No xhance if that was her happenibg today 

OskeeweeneeVI

The elimination of the reserve clause in the 70s and resulting free agency pretty well destroyed the long-term existence of any rival leagues.  Even if you find some quality talent to start a league with, good luck on keeping it for more than two years.

CFL2USA

Ok, so I was thinking about this.  According to Wikipedia, back in 2001, the initial investment was $100 million in the XFL.  Fast forward to now, the reports are that McMahon sold the equivalent of $100 million in WWE stock to form his new venture.  If it cost $100M in 2001 to start up a league, it would certainly cost a lot more than that now.  Maybe he isn't going to start up a new league and $100M isn't nearly enough to buy the Carolina Panthers.  So what is he up to then?  Maybe buying into a different league?  

Users Online

120 Guests, 7 Users (14 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Chris_87, Sidney, toddstattoo, stevehvh, KevinRiley2, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)