Aerial

I was just saying that I don't have the real cultural feelings I have for the SB that I do with the GC, that's all.  I don't care about who wins the SB compared with the GC.  But that being said, it's a championship game of football and the chess match that football is is usually very interesting to watch ie. how will Gronk do coming off that injury and will the Eagles be able to neutralize Brady?  And will a 2nd stringer qb for the Eagles be able to play well enough to upset the Pats?  Should be interesting.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

brihind88

You guys do not get it.
This is a thread AGAINST the  Nota Football League and the Stupid Bore.

Not a thread to rag on Argo T.

For those of you who do care , ICONICSR has started a thread on whatever teams are in.
You guys go to your own party.

This one is ours.

What we need now is official memberships.

I will start it.

ARGO T
BRIHIND88
DAN38

If I have left anyone out, I offer my apology.
I am not going to scroll through all 5 pages of posts.

FootbalYouBet

You guys do not get it.

For those of you who do care , ICONICSR has started a thread on whatever teams are in.

This one is ours.

I will start it.

ARGO T
BRIHIND88
DAN38

when you put yourself out there, you will be called on it.
The worst thing about being on the west coast is that when I want to post at night, everyone else is asleep or passed out

DAN38

You guys do not get it.

This one is ours.

I will start it.

ARGO T
BRIHIND88
DAN38

I am proud to be on the list guys, in fact, it's been so long since the two teams that will play for the SB have been decided, I've forgotten who they are ? Somebody please tell me. ;D

Just because I'm a football fan does not mean I will watch anything football. I don't watch arena football. Does that mean I'm not a true fan ? I hear guys on here all the time who watch hockey and yet they criticize the women's hockey and don't watch it....We are so fortunate to have a poster on here to let us all know how much of a fan we really are !
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Aerial

Does that mean I'm not a true fan ?
Agree, you can be a "true" fan if you only like one league or type of gridiron, whatever that really means, "true" that is.  However to be someone that is a 100 percent diverse and inclusive (remember these words?  :)) fan of all forms of gridiron football and leagues, would mean exactly that and clearly you are not that if you don't have any interest at all in anything but one league or form of football.  Hey, I'm not 100 percent diverse and inclusive either in this respect either since I do prefer one type and league over others.  I am a biased football fan would be another way to put it, like just about every football fan.

DAN38

Does that mean I'm not a true fan ?
Agree, you can be a "true" fan if you only like one league or type of gridiron, whatever that really means, "true" that is.  However to be someone that is a 100 percent diverse and inclusive (remember these words?  :)) fan of all forms of gridiron football and leagues, would mean exactly that and clearly you are not that if you don't have any interest at all in anything but one league or form of football.  Hey, I'm not 100 percent diverse and inclusive either in this respect either since I do prefer one type and league over others.  I am a biased football fan would be another way to put it, like just about every football fan.
 For me it comes down to one thing, excitement. If I watch any game and after I was not excited and/or entertained, I will not watch anymore. I will give it a fair chance though. I do watch and love CIS football. I will watch Amer. college football but I love the Canadian game because it is consistently more exciting. IE. All the hoopla about the Vikes last minute TD victory is lost on me because that is almost status quo in the CFL. We fans here on this forum even comment about boring CFL games because it is not a normal thing. When my son's were young I let them watch both leagues and they both prefer the CFL because of the entertainment value. I can tell by the amount of screaming and yelling which league they are watching.
 I am definitely a biased football fan and it is not about nationality, it is about excitement.

Aerial

A big part of my bias focuses on the Grey Cup and it's history and the lore of the trophy and players and coaches etc. throughout the years who vied for it, it very much is a cultural and historic, romantic if you will because of the history, thing to me and this is the main reason I regard it in more esteem than the Super Bowl. 

But no question, excitement from a pure sport aspect is a big reason why yes, even I have turned off CFL games in the past because one team is killing another and the game is basically over.

RedandWhite

You guys do not get it.

...you are correct, this is not a place to rag on ArgoT, not that I see anyone going over the conduct line, but some have come close (yours truly included), so it's a good reminder to keep it civil all the same...

...it's also not a place to rag on those people who do choose to watch the SB, not that I see anyone going over the conduct line, but some have come close (OP included), so it's a good reminder to keep it civil all the same...

...the thread is a good one if you want to vent against the NFL and their championship game, and if you don't, as you've pointed out, there's another thread that celebrates it...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

DAN38

I don't need to put down the NFL in order to feel good about the CFL. I will repeat; I will gladly watch ANY NFL game over ANY MLB, NBA, PGA or soccer game. (There are others.) The NFL is not that bad that I will bore myself to death with what some call sport.

sambo42

I will watch the game... a buddy has a chance to win a trip to Dallas to watch an NFL regular season game there... good excuse to go have a couple of beers... its been a tumultuous season for the NFL, thanks to 45 and his SOB comment...and the on/off suspension of Ezekiel Elliot, and the concussion issues with dirty play, especially the Bengals/Steelers game, and the shot that Gronk took in the AFC championship game. A good SB might erase some that stuff... but still issues the league needs to deal with, not just sweep under the rug.

ArgoT

You guys do not get it.

This one is ours.

I will start it.

ARGO T
BRIHIND88
DAN38

Awesome b, we have a great and small membership right now.
We need to come up with a name.....what do you and Dan can also chime in on a possibility?

brihind88

IGNORE AND BOYCOTT THE NFL MEMBERS CLUB  

DAN38

I wanna be Prez. Can I be Prez. Please,please,please... cause I've been ignoring and boycotting probably a lot longer than you guys. I'll let you two name the club anything you want...if i can be Prez. ;D ;D  O Yeah, I really hate Justin Timberlake.

ArgoT

I wanna be Prez. Can I be Prez. Please,please,please... cause I've been ignoring and boycotting probably a lot longer than you guys. I'll let you two name the club anything you want...if i can be Prez. ;D ;D  O Yeah, I really hate Justin Timberlake.
All right twist my arm why don't you Dan!!
Yes you can be president but only if you swear in our pledge of allegiance how you will make Canada Great Again.
Also, we must pass the word and convert those on the fence and yes we can try to save some of the perhaps non reachable such as the kool aid drinkers.

DAN38

I wanna be Prez. Can I be Prez. Please,please,please... cause I've been ignoring and boycotting probably a lot longer than you guys. I'll let you two name the club anything you want...if i can be Prez. ;D ;D  O Yeah, I really hate Justin Timberlake.
All right twist my arm why don't you Dan!!
Yes you can be president but only if you swear in our pledge of allegiance how you will make Canada Great Again.
Also, we must pass the word and convert those on the fence and yes we can try to save some of the perhaps non reachable such as the kool aid drinkers.
  Make Canada great again, that's easy, just get rid of that other Justin that I'm not too fond of. Not having the rest of the world snickering at his socks would be nice. It seems there are more and more people everyday that realize what a mistake was made voting for Justine. If i was your Prez I promise I would not be as embarrassing. Also my suits don't look like I borrowed them from my little brother.

Users Online

71 Guests, 6 Users (5 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Black and Gold, Mightygoose, blackandgld, Lennywasout, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 106. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)