Hank01

NFL as family?  What a joke, every time I watch games where people are standing cheering on their teams especially in playoffs in the NFL, very few kids and the dude adults look wasted and have beers in their hand.

Family?  Too friggin funny, the best "fake news" POS I've heard in a while.  :-*  The NFL is NOT about family, college football is much more family related and young people related with cheaper ticket prices.  I remember going to a Michigan game and saw a young women with her 2 kids and taking in a cooler to the game and it was a great environment.  Never saw this at the Bills games I went to, all I saw was a bunch of drunks in the parking lot, many Canadians, where the last thing you would want is your kid there.  People puking as well, disgusting.  Give me a Michigan game anytime or a TiCats or Argos game anytime, no where near the issues like that at a drunken parking lot for a Bills game.
 Yes of course the NFL are hypocritical so are most if not all commercials for any product . A good commercial for your product invokes an emotion and the Family traditional aspect the NFL uses should be copied by the CFL as it's one of the great 
emotional pull at your heart strings ads that bring people to buy that NFL merchandising. 

They used the Christmas one with the KC Chief family with the son in law Raiders fan with the ugly sweater and milked it for what it's worth . They even had the dog wearing  a Chiefs sweater growling at him. Don't see any dogs at the game either but it works .

McDonald's uses it as well as well as numerous others . Family and tradition is just a simple concept they use to manipulate our buying decisions and it works .

Aerial

I figured that might get a bit of a rise out you dawg.   ;)  You are right, I don't understand the differences in culture so much from one region to another in the US, I think one needs to live in a country for a while to really get to know it and I haven't done that,  but I will say that I have met many fine Americans in my life and I'm sure, while never having met you,  that you are one of them as well.    Cheers.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Iconic SR

NFL as family?  What a joke, every time I watch games where people are standing cheering on their teams especially in playoffs in the NFL, very few kids and the dude adults look wasted and have beers in their hand.

Family?  Too friggin funny, the best "fake news" nonsense I've heard in a while.  :-*  The NFL is NOT about family, college football is much more family related and young people related with cheaper ticket prices.  I remember going to a Michigan game and saw a young women with her 2 kids and taking in a cooler to the game and it was a great environment.  Never saw this at the Bills games I went to, all I saw was a bunch of drunks in the parking lot, many Canadians, where the last thing you would want is your kid there.  People puking as well, disgusting.  Give me a Michigan game anytime or a TiCats or Argos game anytime, no where near the issues like that at a drunken parking lot for a Bills game.
Yes of course the NFL are hypocritical so are most if not all commercials for any product . A good commercial for your product invokes an emotion and the Family traditional aspect the NFL uses should be copied by the CFL as it's one of the great
emotional pull at your heart strings ads that bring people to buy that NFL merchandising.

They used the Christmas one with the KC Chief family with the son in law Raiders fan with the ugly sweater and milked it for what it's worth . They even had the dog wearing  a Chiefs sweater growling at him. Don't see any dogs at the game either but it works .

McDonald's uses it as well as well as numerous others . Family and tradition is just a simple concept they use to manipulate our buying decisions and it works .
I loved that commercial. When the mother finally loses it, gets up and storms out of the dining room - its hilarious. What red blooded male doesn’t love watching a mother in law squirm??

ArgoT

Let's go posters, time to take this puppy into overdrive.
The second and thrilling week leading up to the big game..............yawn.
Anyone else joining our elite club?

letsgoticats

For someone who doesn't care about the Super Bowl, you sure do think about it alot.  

ArgoT

For someone who doesn't care about the Super Bowl, you sure do think about it alot.  
You think.........not.
My football is between June and November only.
This is my way of giving back to the SB every year.

letsgoticats

You think.........not.
My football is between June and November only.
This is my way of giving back to the SB every year.
::)

Iconic SR

I don't think you realize you're actually helping to promote the event you want to boycott....... 

ArgoT

I don't think you realize you're actually helping to promote the event you want to boycott.......
Not really.
Friends, we are creating much needed dialogue here.
It would be a sad world if everyone thinks alike and confronts to mainstream.
Heck I have even previously suggested tongue and cheek about the vast majority like this SB thing  drinking the kool aid.
I no longer believe this is tongue and cheek though!

tony

4 more sleeps !   :)

ArgoT

RedandWhite

....lol.... >:( = "I don't care, therefore I'm angry"
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

KevinRiley2

Watching is a family tradition so I will be in front of the TV on Sunday night, hoping New England loses.

It's one of the few NFL games I actually watch.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Aerial

I'll watch for sure.  It's football afterall.  ;)

ArgoT

I'll watch for sure.  It's football afterall.  ;)
Earl, you were on the fence with your last posting?
Anyway, enjoy the game.

Users Online

77 Guests, 10 Users (9 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
pdson2, Augustus67, smogmonster, KevinRiley2, ruswamahmet, SeaFiddle, FootbalYouBet, RM14, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)