-Hammer-

The Bulldogs always get a bump in attendance after the World Jrs.  The last two years saw a bump to their average attendance of 500 and 600 respectively after the new year.  They're currently sit a respectable 10 in average attendance at 3577. They'll be over 4000 by the end of the season putting them 7th overall.  So chill...
Yeah, this has always been the case, the Bulldogs season is always back heavy. The Xmas rush is done, the CFL is long over, the hubbub of the NFL season has passed and everyone starts redeeming the season tickets they haven't used and starts using those Holiday Flex packs they offer every year.

Aerial

Far cry from the London Knights though (new arena then known as John Labatt Centre now Budweiser Gardens opened Oct. 11, 2002 - capacity 9036 hockey).:

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=6618
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

-Hammer-

Far cry from the London Knights though (new arena then known as John Labatt Centre now Budweiser Gardens opened Oct. 11, 2002 - capacity 9036 hockey).:

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph.php?tmi=6618
London is the Kingpin of the OHL and has been around since 1965, playing out of a 14 year old area. The better statistic is that the Bulldogs are in year 3 in the OHL and are 7th in the league in attendance, playing out of the 30 year old over-sized Copps. They are already over 4,000 average per game for this year even before the better attendance later half of the season takes effect.

http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph_season.php?lid=OHL1989&sid=2017

Aerial

That's a positive outlook and warranted Hammer.  I hope for the parents especially who like to take their kid(s) to an affordable high level hockey game in a quite decent arena, very nice actually, this time the Hamilton OHL team sticks around. I know growing up in London when my Dad took me and my brothers to a Knights game, it was a real big deal, we were always so excited to go and watch the Knights.  That was at the old London Gardens out next to the 401.  We tried to get my Dad to stop at Harvey's on Wellington Rd. after the game for a burger and fries but that usually didn't work since he'd say we had popcorn and pop at the game and that was enough.  ;)

-Hammer-

That's a positive outlook and warranted Hammer.  I hope for the parents especially who like to take their kid(s) to an affordable high level hockey game in a quite decent arena, very nice actually, this time the Hamilton OHL team sticks around. I know growing up in London when my Dad took me and my brothers to a Knights game, it was a real big deal, we were always so excited to go and watch the Knights.  That was at the old London Gardens out next to the 401.  We tried to get my Dad to stop at Harvey's on Wellington Rd. after the game for a burger and fries but that usually didn't work since he'd say we had popcorn and pop at the game and that was enough.  ;)
It is positive, and I sincerely hope the team manages to have a deep playoff run this year and attract some new fans as a result as well. Hopefully some games vs Niagara should help Andlauer pay the bills and in a perfect world, a Robertson final vs Kitchener would pack the place. 

The biggest issue the Bulldogs face is their operating costs. The Bulldogs pay way more in rent then any other OHL team, because of the size of the facility and costs of maintaining it due to it's age. Andlauer loses money every season (and bless him for sticking it out) which if he had a new facility with more reasonable rent and a more intimate venue to attract more fans would move him towards breaking even.

Users Online

119 Guests, 13 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, Sidney, schmenger, VICIOUSCIRCLE, ed ohmnes, ExPat, Hammertown Proud, FootbalYouBet, J5V, Allek, 15_championships, KevinRiley2, tcmike, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)