Aerial

Absolutely.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

rcon

Great turnout for the TFC parade in downtown Toronto.

And yet many still believe that soccer isn’t gaining popularity in North America
Well considering all the empty stadiums the American teams play in, it sure doesn't seem like it is.  Hell they had a team fold just three years ago...
What team folded three years ago? If anything there have been 12 markets in the state that are will to pay big money and build stadiums to get into the mls.
You forgot about the team that folded in L.A. ?? I hate M(inor)LS, and I knew that!

alphamale111

And yet many still believe that soccer isn’t gaining popularity in North America
Well considering all the empty stadiums the American teams play in, it sure doesn't seem like it is.  Hell they had a team fold just three years ago...
What team folded three years ago? If anything there have been 12 markets in the state that are will to pay big money and build stadiums to get into the mls.
You forgot about the team that folded in L.A. ?? I hate M(inor)LS, and I knew that!
A team was folded and now being replaced by another with a committed ownership group... Point?

Braleyneedstogo

It was called Chivas.

Braleyneedstogo

What a joke. The MLS is about to pull out of the only markets that gives a damm about them..lol
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/11/mls-cup-2017-television-ratings-espn-rise-75-percent-over-2015-edition

alphamale111

What a joke. The MLS is about to pull out of the only markets that gives a damm about them..lol
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/11/mls-cup-2017-television-ratings-espn-rise-75-percent-over-2015-edition
Again. I point out. You bunch seem really upset about something you apparently don't care about...

Aerial

"You bunch".  Alpha, don't paint everyone here with the same brush.  As I've said, I'm very happy TSN received excellent ratings for the MLS Cup as stated.  What's good for TSN simply helps the bottom line for profit to help make football broadcasts of any type be better.

drummer_god

Still no word on the tv ratings? Bell must be too embarrassed by them to make an announcement. 

drummer_god

http://www.cfjctoday.com/article/601090/mls-cup-rematch-between-toronto-and-seattle-sees-ratings-dip-canada

Ratings down 13.3% from last year's game. I guess this is why I've not heard about it. 1.3M average. 

Aerial

Ok, I thought the numbers were better than that.  Anyways, at the end of the article it is mentioned:

While numbers for the final were down, TSN said that MLS viewership in Canada overall was up 25 per cent in 2017 over last season.

drummer_god

Viewership went from 4 people to 5 people, thus, up 25%

Spectator

This picture doesn't show the actual audience. The crowd followed this bus around. In most places there were no civilians even near the street.

Argos had way more people for their last parade.

Spectator

Kudos to MLS fans for showing up and cheering on their team.
There weren't enough of them. It was a terrible crowd. I was very upset that more fans didn't show. Or at least more people in downtown Toronto. 

Spectator

MLS Cup attracted less viewers the last hour? This doesn't even make sense. Facebook and message boards and message links at Rogers and Bell complained that the game wasn't even on all 5 channels. Curling was.

And more people didn't watch the end?

The average was 725,000 for the last 1 hour. Curling averaged 614,000 the same time. hmmmmm

ESPN ratings were horrible. They didn't even break the top 10 for that time slot.

TravelPat1

http://www.cfjctoday.com/article/601090/mls-cup-rematch-between-toronto-and-seattle-sees-ratings-dip-canada

Ratings down 13.3% from last year's game. I guess this is why I've not heard about it. 1.3M average.
Umm - it was put out in a press release by Bell yesterday and was posted in the TV ratings thread last night.

As people like Mightygoose pointed out prior to the game because of the afternoon start compared to prime time last year - a small dip was likely - and that is exactly what happened. Plus last year the ratings kept building through the overtime and shootout so the peak audience happened during the shootout. That growth through the last 45 minutes of overtime and shootout last year couldn't happen with the game ending in regulation this year. Sure enough the peak audience was right at the end of the game when Toronto scored their second goal.. Had Seattle scored to tie the game in the dying seconds of the game instead of Vasquez clinching it for Toronto with the second goal the audience would have continued to build as the game went to overtime and the overall ratings would almost certainly have ended up been almost identical to last year.

The audience did not drop during the last hour - as Numeris reported the peak audience happened late in the game at 2,000,000. Nice to have you back Mirage/Access Media/Spectator. 

Users Online

81 Guests, 7 Users (15 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Niagara Als, RichardVeilleux, SeaFiddle, rpaege, Wumper, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 141. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)