KevinRiley2

One last one for this week...

My game versus a player in Arizona.  Kevin/White mates in 5...

In the actual game, I Mated in 4.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

DAN38

Thanks for the link Kevin but it's above me. I will work at it though. I will be asking for help. For now, I'll just look at your board.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

KevinRiley2

Thanks for the link Kevin but it's above me. I will work at it though. I will be asking for help. For now, I'll just look at your board.
Fair enough.  :)

I am off for a swim and lunch with my friends.  :)

DAN38

OK... wP e4 to e5
          wQ d6 to f6
          wR d1 to d6
          w Q f6 to g6- checkmate

FootbalYouBet

OK... wP e4 to e5
          wQ d6 to f6
          wR d1 to d6
          w Q f6 to g6- checkmate
I see, just don't let black make any moves :)
The worst thing about being on the west coast is that when I want to post at night, everyone else is asleep or passed out

DAN38

Show me moves that black could make in my scenario that would make any difference.

KevinRiley2

OK... wP e4 to e5
          wQ d6 to f6
          wR d1 to d6
          w Q f6 to g6- checkmate
I see, just don't let black make any moves :)
FYB is right, Danny-My-Boy.

You have to include Black's moves as well - and you have to assume Black makes the best moves possible.

In your case :

If White plays e4 to e5, black will play Qf8, and it is no longer Mate in 5 (now 4).

KevinRiley2

Show me moves that black could make in my scenario that would make any difference.
If White plays e4 to e5, black will play Qf8, and it is no longer Mate in 5 (now 4).

According the Fritz14...

* White e4 to e5,
* Black Qd8 to Qf8,

prevents WQ to f6, and leaves White up 1.38 pawns / a forced Mate is no longer possible.

There is a forced combination of moves that Mates in 5.

DAN38

According the Fritz14...

* White e4 to e5,
* Black Qd8 to Qf8,

prevents WQ to f6, and leaves White up 1.38 pawns / a forced Mate is no longer possible.

Now you went and hurt my feelings. I haven't played in so long I'm still figuring out the alphanumeric placings.
   Seriously, i didn't see anything that black could do. My fault. I will try to do better. Just quit picking on me. I can't take it.

KevinRiley2

According the Fritz14...

* White e4 to e5,
* Black Qd8 to Qf8,

Now you went and hurt my feelings. I haven't played in so long I'm still figuring out the alphanumeric placings.
   Seriously, i didn't see anything that black could do. My fault. I will try to do better. Just quit picking on me. I can't take it.
Yikes, buddy.  That was not my intention.  Sorry!

As for your moves, I will break them down below...

KevinRiley2

Starting position...

e4 to e5...

Black Queen d8 to f8...

White Queen d6 to f6 (Check)...

Queen takes Queen...

Pawn takes Black Queen (Check)...

King takes Pawn on f6...

White Rook to d6 (Check)...

Black King to g7 and the attack has stalled...

FootbalYouBet

I am so far unable to see a move for white that I don't also see a counter move, or series of moves, for black.

My chess playing is a shadow of what it once was.  The best I can now do is see 3 moves ahead.  In that, I need to see it quick because I am no longer able to think too long and deep.

I was once better than average.  Back in college about 40 yrs ago, there was this guy who had memorized one or more chess book.  Every opening he had a name for.  Every situation he had a book move counter for.  I could never beat him.  Then one day, I said, to heck with it.  I am going to play so weird that his book cant possible cover it.  I basically opened from outside in and traded players whenever possible to keep things even until the end game which was my best game.  I finally won.

Could not do anything like that today.

For this reason, I may not always have a response to your situations, but I am always interested none the less.

FootbalYouBet

in your previous set of moves, I would end by taking the pawn with my other rook instead of putting black in check.

KevinRiley2

in your previous set of moves, I would end by taking the pawn with my other rook instead of putting black in check.
Fair enough...

Black plays Bf5 and, according to Fritz14, the game is even...

DAN38

According the Fritz14...

* White e4 to e5,
* Black Qd8 to Qf8,

Yikes, buddy.  That was not my intention.  Sorry!

As for your moves, I will break them down below...
   I was just kidding. I thought you would know that by now and that hurts my feelings too. ;D

Users Online

57 Guests, 4 Users (6 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
jim43bob, Sidney, Google (5), Baidu

Most Online Today: 104. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)