rcon

LOL.  I go camping for a few days and some people seem to obsess about me because I don't post for a few days.  Yes I swithched from TravelPatB to TravelPat1 about a year ago when I the forums changed and my old login did not work. I simply set up a new ID that I knew everybody would recognize it was me.

I used TravelPat2 last week because when the forum changed I had trouble posting from this TravelPat1 ID so I set one up as TravelPat2 knowing everybody again would know it was me.  Tonight I was able to use TravelPat1 again with a passord reset.

Not at all like some of the other posters here who based on their recent comments from the last couple of days who seem obsessed with me - as they have tended to actually try to hide who they are by posting under new ID's that are completely different from their other older ones.

Heee's baaaaack!!!!!!! ;)

PTBO Dave

Not at all like one of the other posters here who based on their recent comments from the last couple of days who seem obsessed with me - as they have tended to actually try to hide who they are by posting under new ID's that are completely different from their other older ones.
Corrected that for you, Pat.
I wondered why you'd been uncharacteristically silent the past few days . . . actually away from civilization for a while, sweet.

sully

The moderators of this site don't really mind what opinions anyone keeps so as long as they keep to the forum guidelines. Please don't implicate us to be on a side of whatever drama you've cooked up between each other.
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

KevinRiley2

The moderators of this site don't really mind what opinions anyone keeps so as long as they keep to the forum guidelines. Please don't implicate us to be on a side of whatever drama you've cooked up between each other.
Hi Sully...

I sent you a PM but I don't see it in my Sent box.  Let me know if you got it.

* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

oskee7777

LOL.  I go camping for a few days and some people seem to obsess about me because I don't post for a few days.  Yes I swithched from TravelPatB to TravelPat1 about a year ago when I the forums changed and my old login did not work. I simply set up a new ID that I knew everybody would recognize it was me.

I used TravelPat2 last week because when the forum changed I had trouble posting from this TravelPat1 ID so I set one up as TravelPat2 knowing everybody again would know it was me.  Tonight I was able to use TravelPat1 again with a passord reset.

Not at all like some of the other posters here who based on their recent comments from the last couple of days who seem obsessed with me - as they have tended to actually try to hide who they are by posting under new ID's that are completely different from their other older ones.
Hey Pat
    Glad you're still here. Dundas folks are all good people. We don't have to share the same opinion. 🙂
     Let's get this thread Back to its intended purpose. 
Does anyone have any updates on TV ratings for the past two weeks?

Aerial

Dundas folks are good people from my experience but just not the sharpest ones thinking, some Dundas folk that is,  that an alley is good for their kids to walk through.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/laneway-setup-council-1.4181940

Hey, what do I know, I just finished reading this book and believe you me, after reading this book no parent that is anywhere near sane would let their kids walk through an alley, any alley even if they think it's the safest alley in the world.  Amazing person she is, totally amazing.  Dundas residents, read this, especially if you have kids and you like alleyways.  Not that it's about alleyways per se but the message is quite clear.  Or should be.

Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, A Life Reclaimed: A Memoir of the Cleveland Kidnappings

https://www.amazon.ca/Finding-Me-Reclaimed-Cleveland-Kidnappings/dp/1602862796

https://youtu.be/ochzDL4ovlQ
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

ActionNews

Hey Pat
    Glad you're still here. Dundas folks are all good people. We don't have to share the same opinion. 🙂
     Let's get this thread Back to its intended purpose.
Does anyone have any updates on TV ratings for the past two weeks?
Posted the TV ratings in the CFL thread. 

ActionNews

I heard about some guy on these message boards who posts a bunch of falsehoods about CFL and MLS attendance, free tickets and tv ratings, is promptly banned and then resurfaces with a new username.  I think I will refer to him as Fake News Guy.
CFL can give free tickets but they do not count them in their attendance. MLS has been accused of papering their stadiums and fudging their books. Article was done last month about how MLS papers their stadium and the entire business is a pyramid scheme and how they are surviving. 4 teams including TFC are not making money and how they are filling their stadiums. TFC gave away 15,000 tickets to games this season. Atlanta soccer team gave away 20,000 to charities, and youth soccer groups. Did you see the attendance in New York? They were charging $6 on game day and season ticket holders were complaining. Worst part, is the $6 were complimentary tickets, lol. MLS expansion is what is keeping them afloat, you can't expand when nobody is making money. Another great article done at ESPN explained how Garber is enticing sponsors to work with owners, which sponsors bit 5 yrs ago, and are now walking away. SUM is not distributing money to new owners, and 2 expansion bids are falling apart due to MLS financials not being accurate, which is why MLS is not opening their books.
The CFL attendance woes are nothing to do with the sport. It is all economic and fandom behavior. This is happening in all leagues and likely not changing.
The TV #'s are not being distributed fairly due to Numeris poor system and is why leagues like NHL and CFL do not like to share these #s anymore unless it looks good, as they are misleading.
Networks are working with new measurements, and more accurate ways. I do know of, networks already moving away from Nielson and to a new system. They also have made public statements regarding this, especially under the new CRTC regulations.
FOX and CBS had issues as well, but have been resolved under new measurements done by Nielson. Also other networks including CTV/TSN are starting to do their own, as there are ways to take their own measurements and include alternative methods to get a more accurate number.
Watch CFL games from the 70's-2010's. There has always been great games in half empty stadiums. But fans watch the games on television. And maybe its because people have lost family members, or have no friends, or have people who are too busy, or have plans, or maybe due to transportation, or money, they decide to sit home and watch it on the tube.

vampiresquid

Canadian Press article states Jays avg 706k vs 895k last year. TFC is at 93k vs 59k last year. Whitecaps at 86k vs 69k. And Impact is at 80k vs 73k.

But article fails to mention the CFL - though it is written by a soccer writer.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/baseball-sports-pmn/toronto-fc-success-drives-up-ratings-while-struggling-jays-numbers-drop/wcm/50f7507d-a496-4dc1-8e01-c65e792974a4

JenniferT

I also see that Rogers stock (RCI.B) has just hit a 52 Week High, again.

ActionNews

its going down lol

AuburnWild

Yes, I stole the one you use from Twitter. @AuburnWild's tweets are all the same baseless rhetoric you post here, but on Twitter.
I just took the name here to piss you off.

ActionNews

lol that aint me but funny you admit you troll more than 1 place pat

ActionNews

Sunday Aug 5th

Canada Summer games 160k

TFC vs DC United 45k (local #'s southern ontario including Mississauga little over 30k. which means nobody is watching TFC soccer across Canada)

Get this. DC United Local tv ratings on Channel 8 news was just little over 5,000....... To put that into perspective. Georgetown Hoyas lacrosse received 25k local rating in April.

Not sure how long until TSN puts MLS soccer only on TSN on demand.

sully

Yes, I stole the one you use from Twitter. @AuburnWild's tweets are all the same baseless rhetoric you post here, but on Twitter.
I just took the name here to piss you off.
I'm going to ban this account as it's fairly clear that it was registered just to annoy/harass another member here. 

Users Online

79 Guests, 16 Users (15 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
VICIOUSCIRCLE, Aerial, kwikkyd, bedrock, Sidney, ed ohmnes, schmenger, KevinRiley2, pw13, raymarkca, lamborules12, Stangbang, heapbag, Yahoo!, Google (13), Baidu

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)