oskee7777

Travelpat

I was waiting/hoping you would respond to the Blue Jays ratings posted yesterday. You're proving everyone to be correct about yourself. It was your chance for redemption.
     Again I certainly don't mean to pick on you but these last few days definitely make me wonder why you ever post on this or the Ticats forum.
     At times last season I actually wondered if you worked for the Blue Jays, possibly in sales or marketing. You were posting newspaper articles before the ink had time to dry, trumpeting new Blue Jays and Sportsnet rating records. You posted Zelkovich's blog as soon as it was released, etc, etc.
    Well this summer is quite a different story, and nary a word from you. Why?
    Last weekend the Blue Jays TV ratings were down FIFTY percent from the exact same days last season. Why aren't you telling the CFL world all about that?  
     I looked it up and last season, the Jays tv ratings were 1.3Mil, 1Mil, and 1.1Mil viewers vs Baltimore on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This season, as per above 500 to 600k per game.
     Same weekend last year 3.4 million Canadians viewing the Jays.  This season 1.7 million 50% down.
     Look forward to why you're silent this year?

TravelPat2

Umm - those Jays numbers were right in line with the week before and about on par with the last time they were not in contention.  I didn't really think there was anything remarkable about them worthy of some sort of comment by me.

I suspect their ratings will stay in the same neighbourhood the rest of the year barring a miraculous turnaround in which case they'll climb again. 

The more pertinent question for this forum is how many of those half a million per night who have bailed on the Jays because they are not in contention will use their new found free time to watch the CFL?

I assume the CFL ratings should edge up with that many sports fans now looking for an alternate to watching the Jays.  But how many will the CFL capture is the open question at this point.  I'm guessing games including my Cats might suffer a bit too as Cats fans bail on their struggling team too.

KevinRiley2

Umm - those Jays numbers were right in line with the week before and about on par with the last time they were not in contention.  I didn't really think there was anything remarkable about them worthy of some sort of comment by me.

I suspect their ratings will stay in the same neighbourhood the rest of the year barring a miraculous turnaround in which case they'll climb again. 

The more pertinent question for this forum is how many of those half a million per night who have bailed on the Jays because they are not in contention will use their new found free time to watch the CFL?

I assume the CFL ratings should edge up with that many sports fans now looking for an alternate to watching the Jays.  But how many will the CFL capture is the open question at this point.  I'm guessing games including my Cats might suffer a bit too as Cats fans bail on their struggling team too.

I like TravelPat2 better than TravelPat1.  2's post don't have such a negative bias towards the CFL.   ;)
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

I don't think anyone, including Patrick, expected the Jays ratings to drop this far, this fast.  I know Bob McClown didn't.  He's been saying the ratings would drop below a million, when the Jays fell out of contention, but never to 500K.

The Last Word

Of course they should have expected them to fall this fast.  The team sucks something hard and are out of contention with nearly 2 months left in the season.  Yes, they are 6 or so games back of the second wold card, but that is misleading.  They are 6 or 7 teams between them and that final wild card spot and one or two of them will get hot, resulting in the final wild card team probably finishing with 86 or 87 wins.  Jays would have to go 17 or so games above .500 the rest of the season to have a hope, about a .650 winning percentage.  That's not going to happen.

Remember a few years ago, the Jays only averaged 300 - 350,000 viewers per game - a number most MLB teams would kill for in their region by the way.  I think when it's all said and done by the end of this season the Jays will have a 700,000 or so average.  I could see that falling to 500,000 or slightly less in 2018 as the announcement by Shatkins that the Jays will not go into full rebuild mode, but remain "competitive" will translate to the majority of fans as not a terrible team, but not one that will really compete for a playoff spot...think 70-75 win team. 

We will probably see underwhelming signings to keep the team "competitive."  Underwhelming middle-of-the-road players like Steve Pearce and Kendrys Morales..no difference makers.  I'm thinking the average crowd count will fall to 30 - 32,000 next year unless the team plays far above expectations.  There will probably be a great likelihood of a similar "competitive" team in 2019 so I wouldn't be surprised if attendance falls further into the 25,000 - 27,000 range. 

The real test will be 2020.  At that point, Shatkins will have had several drafts to add to their three elite prospects in Guererro Jr., Bichette and Gurriel who should all be ready by this point.  If the team is not really competitive by this point ie. at least .500, then the team could see a real free fall in attendance comparable to the Ricciardi years.

Bottom line though, the CFL has not seen any increase in ratings this season even with fewer watching the Jays.  In fact, ratings are down which is very disappointing.

cfl1234

When the Jays ratings are down 50%+ in September, I want Patrick and Jim to sound the alarm!!!

Newish member although I had read much of this thread over the last year as a guest. And yes just as many others travelpat' posts irked me. Always gloating about the Jays ratings on Sportsnet. Too funny the poster who thinks he works in PR for the Jays. I for one wouldn't doubt it.

But this was a great post by Kevin. You predicted mr travelpat would go quiet if Jays ratings were down 50%. How did you know lol. They are now down over 50 percent from same time last season.

Also how many travelpat aliases are there?  I see a travelpatB, a travelpat 1 and  a 2.

oskee7777

I saw the Jays ratings posted and some MLS from last week. Did mirage post CFL for last week?  Sorry if I missed them.

ActionNews

I saw the Jays ratings posted and some MLS from last week. Did mirage post CFL for last week?  Sorry if I missed them.

Travelpat is from redpatchboys message board. he has created about 5 accounts and he talks to himself pretending there are soccer fans. AuburnWild is another one as he already admitted he stole someones ID.

KevinRiley2

Travelpat is from redpatchboys message board. he has created about 5 accounts and he talks to himself pretending there are soccer fans. AuburnWild is another one as he already admitted he stole someones ID.
Pat's a good guy, Action. 

Yes, he does have a bias against the CFL, but we all have our faults.

ActionNews

Well according to my private message Pat has multi-personality disorder and is talking to himself in a thread lol. Or maybe its Michael ssssshhhhh  lol

KevinRiley2

Well according to my private message Pat has multi-personality disorder and is talking to himself in a thread lol. Or maybe its Michael ssssshhhhh  lol
Patrick's a nice man.

The Last Word

I heard about some guy on these message boards who posts a bunch of falsehoods about CFL and MLS attendance, free tickets and tv ratings, is promptly banned and then resurfaces with a new username.  I think I will refer to him as Fake News Guy.

vampiresquid

MLS All Star ratings in US & Canada. Spanish network easily got the most as it is more widely available than FS1 + affinity towards Real Madrid. Surprise was that TVA was basically on par with TSN with only 1 Impact player playing. But could have been pull of Real Madrid.

Univision combined 1.484M
FS1 420K
TSN 97K
TVA Sports 96K

https://twitter.com/thegoalkeeper/status/893239536465182720?refsrc=email&s=11

cfl1234

Well according to my private message Pat has multi-personality disorder and is talking to himself in a thread lol. Or maybe its Michael ssssshhhhh  lol
I have a feeling travelpat has left the board. I wouldn't doubt that he resurfaces with another alias. 
I can't see a moderator booting him off the forum for being so anti-CFL and so pro NFL.  But as someone said I could see a moderator giving him warnings for posting false information post after post. 
In the end it's a free world. I won't be surprised if he posts as travelpat moving forward with a "softer" tone since he's been called out by so many posters. But I also won't be surprised to see a "new" poster on here in the near future toting how great NFL ratings are this season. He will once again compare 4 NFL games with 1 CFL game. Watch for it. He won't use travel or pat in his new alias. 
Mark my words and remember this post when there is a new NFL/Blue Jay poster on here by September. We can all say "hello Pat, we know it's you"😛

TravelPat1

LOL.  I go camping for a few days and some people seem to obsess about me because I don't post for a few days.  Yes I swithched from TravelPatB to TravelPat1 about a year ago when I the forums changed and my old login did not work. I simply set up a new ID that I knew everybody would recognize it was me. 

I used TravelPat2 last week because when the forum changed I had trouble posting from this TravelPat1 ID so I set one up as TravelPat2 knowing everybody again would know it was me.  Tonight I was able to use TravelPat1 again with a passord reset. 

Not at all like some of the other posters here who based on their recent comments from the last couple of days who seem obsessed with me - as they have tended to actually try to hide who they are by posting under new ID's that are completely different from their other older ones. 

Users Online

79 Guests, 19 Users (14 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
letsgoticats, Iconic SR, Lyle B. Style, Mark, Sidney, raymarkca, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Aerial, kwikkyd, bedrock, ed ohmnes, schmenger, KevinRiley2, pw13, lamborules12, Stangbang, Yahoo!, Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)