TravelPat1

Another impressive 4 - 0 win for TFC last night in Los Angeles. 

Checking the standings this morning Vancouver is in first place in the west.  Toronto on record pace in the east as they seem poised to win the Supporters Shield as best regular season team. Does that make them favourites to meet in the MLS Cup?

Wouldn't ESPN hate that. 

Aerial

All that matters Pat is how the new Atlanta stadium looks for the NFL, which is what it was built for.  The MLS, who the F cares.  8)  It's soccer.  8)  Ok, just kidding, while I'm not a big footie fan the stadium looks great for football, soccer or even Evangelical conferences.  :)
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

TravelPat1

Hey Earl. Actually the plan for Mercedes Benz stadium for soccer games is similar to what they do at BC Place stadium where the top deck is normally curtained off - so capacity will normally be about 45,000 for soccer.  And two earlier crowds for Atlanta FC at that new stadium did draw in the 45,000 range.

But for the Orlando game Saturday  - who they expect to be a big rival for Atlanta FC - they decided to sell the entire stadium because of the expected demand. 

Meanwhile in the second division USL - Cincinnati team bolstered their case for an MLS expansion franchise by drawing a USL record crowd of over 30,000 to their USL league game Saturday night too. They are averaging over 22,000 per game this season in the USL. 

Aerial

That's great for soccer, while I don't care for the sport from a spectator viewpoint, I realize the sport has a lot of fans who "get it" for entertainment.  I don't but that's my issue, not theirs.

Users Online

170 Guests, 8 Users (19 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Johnny Ticat slayer, everyman, ExPat, Red Head, kfan, Grover, nythril, Google (18), Alexa

Most Online Today: 197. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)