TravelPat1

CBC Press Release of final Olympic numbers.

http://www.cbc.ca/mediacentre/press-release/more-than-85-of-canada-tunes-in-for-cbc-radio-canadas-coverage-of-pyeongcha

Some highlights...

Between the Opening Ceremony on February 9 and the Closing Ceremony on February 25, 31 million* Canadians (more than 85 percent of the population) tuned in to watch CBC/Radio-Canada’s coverage of the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 across all English and French television network partners and digital streaming simulcasts on cbc.ca/olympics, ici.radio-canada.ca/jeuxolympiques and CBC/Radio-Canada Olympics apps. CBC’s English-language primetime coverage across all broadcast networks throughout the Games garnered a 2+ average minute audience of over 3 million viewers, with CBC alone capturing a 24 per cent primetime audience share**.- The top five most-watched moments from CBC’s coverage of PyeongChang 2018 across CBC and broadcast partners TSN and Sportsnet are as follows:

The top five most-watched moments from CBC’s coverage of PyeongChang 2018 across CBC and broadcast partners TSN and Sportsnet are as follows:
- 5.7 million viewers at 11:21 p.m. ET at the end of Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir’s gold-medal winning ice dance free skate performance, on Day 10 (Mon. Feb. 19). (CBC, TSN1, TSN3 and TSN4)
- 4.8 million viewers at 2:11 a.m. ET, at the end of the Canada vs. USA women’s gold medal hockey game, when Team USA scored the winning goal against Canada in the sudden-death shootout, on Day 13 (Thurs. Feb. 22). (CBC, TSN1,  TSN2, Sportsnet and Sportsnet ONE)
- 4.1 million viewers at 10:32 p.m. ET during the performance by Canadians Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje as part of the ice dance short program, on Day 9 (Sun. Feb. 18). (CBC and Sportsnet)
- 4 million viewers at 9:57 p.m. ET when Canada won its first gold medal, in Team Figure Skating, on Day 2 (Sun. Feb. 11). (CBC, TSN4 and TSN5)
- It’s a snowboard tie:
- 3.7 million viewers at 9:29 p.m. ET when Canadians Max Parrot and Mark McMorris won Canada’s first medals of PyeongChang 2018 – silver and bronze, respectively, in men’s snowboard slopestyle, on Day 1 (Sat. Feb. 10). (CBC and Sportsnet ONE)
- 3.7 million viewers at 9:21 p.m. ET when Canadian Sébastien Toutant captured a gold medal in men’s snowboard big air, on Day 14 (Fri. Feb. 23). (CBC)

TravelPat1

Numeris ratings for the week ended Sunday February 25th dominated by Olympic coverage with the only other sport event to crack the Top 30 was the Leafs win over the Bruins on Sportsnet which came in at # 8 with an average of 1,169,000 viewers.

http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/February%2019,%202018%20-%20February%2025,%202018%20(National).pdf

KevinRiley2

I remember, many years ago, I suggested the CFL sponsor/team up with Big Brother (Canada), and I was mocked.  Look at those numbers and tell me I was wrong.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

DAN38

I remember, many years ago, I suggested the CFL sponsor/team up with Big Brother (Canada), and I was mocked.  Look at those numbers and tell me I was wrong.
    You are definitely right, it would surely be a big boost to the CFL... BUT... being associated with what I consider the lowest form of entertainment ::) just might create a stain that we can't wash.......These type of shows are the perfect example of the dumbing down of society. Great for the ratings though ! ;)
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

TravelPat1

Their franchise best season is paying off with record TV ratings for the Raptors.  

Last Friday night's 'Drake Night' Raptors - Rockets battle of conference leaders on Sportsnet 1 and Sportsnet Ontario was the most watched regular season game in Raptors history. Winning the night in the 25 - 54 demographic that advertisers love. 

http://media.sportsnet.ca/2018/03/raptors-vs-rockets-on-sportsnet-becomes-most-watched-raptors-regular-season-game-ever-in-canada/

TORONTO - March 12, 2018  -  Toronto Raptors fever hit record high temperatures on Sportsnet this past Friday night, as an average of 552,000 viewers tuned in to see Toronto beat Houston 108-105, making it the most-watched regular season Raptors game ever on Canadian television.  A total of 1.67 million Canadians tuned in to see all or some of the game.
“The excitement for the Raptors is clearly building right across the country,” said Scott Moore, President of Sportsnet & NHL Properties, Rogers Media. “Sportsnet will continue to provide full coverage of the Raptors across all of our platforms and we look forward to, hopefully, an extended playoff run.”
The game, which was broadcast on Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet Ontario, had a peak audience of 1.1 million viewers in the final few minutes of the game.  Friday night’s game was also the most-watched program of the night in the coveted adult 25-54 demographic.

TravelPat1

The recent NCAA basketball March Madness was the most watched in TSN history with 6.2 million Canadians tuning into some part of the ten days of coverage. 

Hank01

The recent NCAA basketball March Madness was the most watched in TSN history with 6.2 million Canadians tuning into some part of the ten days of coverage.
NCAA madness is betting pool friendly as you can possibly get . You can go bracket or do a team selection with points . It makes the shorter college games so much more exciting . If you have  friends, coworkers , school or bar with it you can't stop talking about it as it creates it's own world for a few short weeks of intense drama  .

The brackets make it so fun if you manage to pick a few right . Probably wouldn't bother a minute watching if there wasn't friendly betting scheme that make the upsets so rewarding and exciting .

The players get so ripped off from the money made it's ridiculous .

If you manage to do a perfect bracket you could end up a millionaire . What's better than that .

TravelPat1

There were so many huge upsets in 2 or 3 of the regions early rounds I suspect most people's pool picks were down the drain fairly early.  I know mine was. 

TravelPat1

Boffo ratings for the Bruins - Leafs Game 7.  

A reach of 11.2 million - highest in 4 years for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  Average audience of 4.18 million.

NBCSN drew an average audience of 1.42 million for the game. That number does not include those in the Boston regional area who could watch on NESN.

Also the TFC - Guadalaraja game was watched by 1.013 million in the USA on Spanish language Univision.

TravelPat1

The 1.42 million viewers on NBCSN for Game 7 of the Leafs - Bruins series was the highest rating ever for a first round game on that network.  Previous high was a Game 7 of Blues - Blackhawks in 2016.  The game peaked at 2.0 million viewers in the the period.

Overall the ratings for the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs was up 4% compared to last year in the USA. 
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/04/stanley-cup-ratings-bruins-maple-leafs/

Aerial

Hockey is a growing sport in the US at it seems.  I didn't realize that even Florida has high school hockey teams! Believe it or not!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjory-stoneman-douglas-high-school-hockey-team-wins-state-championship-florida/
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

oo DAWG oo

Hockey is a growing sport in the US at it seems.  I didn't realize that even Florida has high school hockey teams! Believe it or not!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjory-stoneman-douglas-high-school-hockey-team-wins-state-championship-florida/
Growing?

FootbalYouBet

what month do they play in?
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

TravelPat1

Growing?
Apparently participation levels are growing down there - even in your state Dawg.  :) 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/how-nhl-is-growing-hockey-in-america-at-grassroots-level-162326363.html

The numbers in many “non-traditional” markets in the U.S. are growing for hockey: Florida has gone from 5,606 players in 1998-99 to 13,276 in 2015-16; Texas went from just under 6,000 in 1998-99 to 13,385 in 2015-16. 
http://sportseventsmagazine.com/Hockey-Participation-Increases/

Youth involvement in team sports has declined over the past decade. .... While fewer children have been making the decision to choose a team, a few sports have seen an increase in youth involvement. One of those sports is hockey. In fact, hockey has been seeing an upward trend since 2009.

According to USA Hockey’s most recent data, 555,175 players took part in the sport during the 2016-17 season, an increase of 2.32 percent from the previous season. Add in the number of non-participants (such as parents, volunteers, team managers, etc.) and participation was more than 1.15 million during the last season, an all-time USA Hockey record. 

oo DAWG oo

No I get it Pat..i didn't get to finish my thought and just seen I never deleted but somehow sent it.

But I wanted to reread what Earl stated so I didn't misinterpret what he was saying. 

But Can't remember where I was going with it

Users Online

71 Guests, 2 Users (16 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
blackandgld, Google (AdSense), Google (15)

Most Online Today: 129. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)