TravelPat1

That's an excellent number between TSN and RDS for what was a wild game. Great news.

And those Canadian ratings are what the CFL needs to focus on completely.  And doing what they can to grow them - by doing things like putting some games on CTV.  

Do NOT worry about or focus on ESPN2 ratings.  The CFL - whether we like to admit it or not - is largely just a filler summer football fix for those desperate in the USA for any football until the NCAA kicks off this weekend. 

The last two CFL games on ESPN2 earlier this month drew 150,000 and 162,000 respectively.  Last week Cornhole drew 264,000 on ESPN2.  

http://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/2017/08/2017-08-14_ESPN2.gif

That's right - throwing beanbags at a hole in a board beat CFL games by over 100,000 down there.

So concentrate on ratings in this country and doing what needs to be done to maintain and grow them up here. 

ActionNews

CFL is widely popular in america. CFL is more popular than MLS in the USA on television and its not even close. when a CFL game is broadcasted regularly in Las Vegas and airport sports bars cause people ask for it to be on. that is a huge sign that there are fans.

sillyjim. if you ever go to the usa and have the courage to talk to people, you should discuss the CFL. Do it all the time and never met someone that doesn't know quite a bit about the CFL.

NFL network did a great segment on NFL teams watching the CFL during training camp. 

oo DAWG oo

Oh god your gonna make me force myself to agree with Pat

Theres a reason CFL coverage is limited here in the USA..

ActionNews

No offense taken.

CFL is only limited for 2 reasons. 1) the deal they made. 2) schedule timing. 

You will never get the CFL on ESPN for every game. That would be silly, like silly jim. There would be no point of a deal like this for ESPN.

However the league does what it has to do. People always knew the game. It gets talked about all the time down south and especially by NFL/NCAA personnel.

oo DAWG oo

No offense taken.

CFL is only limited for 2 reasons. 1) the deal they made. 2) schedule timing.

You will never get the CFL on ESPN for every game. That would be silly, like silly jim. There would be no point of a deal like this for ESPN.

However the league does what it has to do. People always knew the game. It gets talked about all the time down south and especially by NFL/NCAA personnel.
Just so you know it's not that big down here..
Canadians know about it and watch it..
But it does not get talked about that much in all my years down here only 1 person mentioned it to me and that was to tell me they saw it.
It is a curiousity to some and to others its because the only sport on at that time.
People here watch arena football more than the cfl

ActionNews

Aug 27 TFC vs Montreal      98k

Aug 26 Whitecaps vs Orlando  35k

Blue Jays vs Minnesota series on Sportsnet

Friday  490k
Saturday 470k
Sunday  520k

Blue Jays vs Boston

Monday 560k

ActionNews

Weekend Sports Ratings in Canada - 

good news for TFC/Whitecaps they weren't embarrassed again on the weekend cause they did not have any games.

BLUE JAYS

Friday          at Baltimore    525k
Saturday      at Baltimore    515k
Sunday        at Baltimore    460k 

vampiresquid

Action News, how did the Euro World Cup qualifying matches do on Sportsnet including Sportsnet World (if available).

ActionNews

Action News, how did the Euro World Cup qualifying matches do on Sportsnet including Sportsnet World (if available).

I do not have that information as they are on SportsNet and those ratings I do not receive. I must put a request in to receive them. I will do this and once I receive the numbers I will post them here.

ActionNews

for those who were messaging me for details on the MX1. I do not have the bulletin now on how Bell was self-rating in July because it was a test and it wasn't sent out as a release directly. I will post as soon it comes available.

This is what ESPN was kind of testing over the 2 month trial with Nielson and Fledge. Nielson/Fledge have worked with ESPN as of July 2nd

http://awfulannouncing.com/ratings/fox-espn-say-home-boosted-ratings-40-percent-may-increase-friday-games.html

This is what the MX1 rating system for Numeris would have looked like. The agency we receive the numbers for just qualified offers from 4 networks in Canada including TSN.

Tridus

Continued.

TSN is clearly the more popular network among fans across Canada. However while SportsNet is struggling for airtime survival and subscribers. Thus biggest reason why TV numbers are lower than that they should be.
No it's not. CRTC put out the 2016 numbers. TSN lost another 3% of its subscriber base, while Sportsnet grew by 1%. TSN still has more subscribers, but the gap is only 400,000 now.

Sportsnet has double TSN's national advertising revenue. Sportsnet has a higher pretax profit than TSN, although not by a huge margin.

Profit and revenue wise (the two things that matter in business), TSN is the #2 sports network. With a bunch of Canadian NHL teams looking like contenders this year, don't expect that to change anytime soon.

TravelPat1

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/nfl-regular-season-kickoff-on-tsn-and-ctv-two-becomes-most-watched-nfl-season-opener-since-2009-with-814000-viewers/

TORONTO (September 8, 2017) – Last night’s stunning 42-27 upset victory by the Kansas City Chiefs over the defending SUPER BOWL champion New England Patriots on TSN and CTV Two saw the network’s draw the most-watched NFL season opener since 2009. Preliminary overnight data from Numeris confirms that 814,000 viewers (563,000 on TSN; 251,000 on CTV Two) watched the game, up 26% compared to last year’s season opener on TSN, making it the most-watched program on specialty television, and the Top 5 program of the night overall.
The game also saw a double-digit increase in A25-54 (+42%), ranking as the #3 program of the night in the demo. In all, 3.6 million Canadians watched some or all of the networks’ live game coverage.
And you will notice Bell Media is using Numeris figures in this press release. 

KevinRiley2

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/nfl-regular-season-kickoff-on-tsn-and-ctv-two-becomes-most-watched-nfl-season-opener-since-2009-with-814000-viewers/

TORONTO (September 8, 2017) – Last night’s stunning 42-27 upset victory by the Kansas City Chiefs over the defending SUPER BOWL champion New England Patriots on TSN and CTV Two saw the network’s draw the most-watched NFL season opener since 2009. Preliminary overnight data from Numeris confirms that 814,000 viewers (563,000 on TSN; 251,000 on CTV Two) watched the game, up 26% compared to last year’s season opener on TSN, making it the most-watched program on specialty television, and the Top 5 program of the night overall.
The game also saw a double-digit increase in A25-54 (+42%), ranking as the #3 program of the night in the demo. In all, 3.6 million Canadians watched some or all of the networks’ live game coverage.
The CFL needs to get on CTV.  It limits our numbers.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Argofan_1000

TORONTO (September 8, 2017) – Last night’s stunning 42-27 upset victory by the Kansas City Chiefs over the defending SUPER BOWL champion New England Patriots on TSN and CTV Two saw the network’s draw the most-watched NFL season opener since 2009. Preliminary overnight data from Numeris confirms that 814,000 viewers (563,000 on TSN; 251,000 on CTV Two) watched the game, up 26% compared to last year’s season opener on TSN, making it the most-watched program on specialty television, and the Top 5 program of the night overall.
The CFL needs to get on CTV.  It limits our numbers.
Paulo Senra‏ @paulosenra 22h22 hours ago
 More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
Notable: #NFL season opener last night averaged 814,000 across Canada (via @TSN_PR). #CFL season opener (June) averaged 869,000 nationally.

travel pat missed this part. Good number for NFL on TSN and CTV. Great number for CFL

KevinRiley2

The CFL needs to get on CTV.  It limits our numbers.
Paulo Senra‏ @paulosenra 22h22 hours ago
 More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
Notable: #NFL season opener last night averaged 814,000 across Canada (via @TSN_PR). #CFL season opener (June) averaged 869,000 nationally.

travel pat missed this part. Good number for NFL on TSN and CTV. Great number for CFL
He didn't miss it.  He chose to ignore it.

Pat and Jim will NEVER say anything good about the CFL.  I have grown to accept it.  You need to, as well.

Example :

They will be first to tell you that the Jays numbers are among the best, even in off years, in Major League Baseball.  At which point, a CFL fan will say, "Well doesn't that say a lot about the CFL numbers - which are often better than Jays numbers in off years".  

At which time, Jim/Pat will go on about how CFL numbers are no good because <fill in the blank>.

Not sure why, but it is ever-present.  You can call them out on it, but they don't care, nor do they see the hypocrisy.  

Users Online

86 Guests, 14 Users (17 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
BillyDee87, Stampeder67, popo, jonny24eh, Holy Mackinaw, Gornaldatron, Espo, Taleback, yougottabekidding, pw13, blackandgld, Rick16, sully, raymarkca, Yahoo!, Google (14), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 123. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)