KevinRiley2

I've never mingled socially with curling fans but I do know they love their drinks and that is all good in my books Lyle!  ;)
My friend is a BIG curler, and he says drinking after matches is HUGE.  He says it`s part of the culture.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

FootbalYouBet

I've never mingled socially with curling fans but I do know they love their drinks and that is all good in my books Lyle!  ;)
My friend is a BIG curler, and he says drinking after matches is HUGE.  He says it`s part of the culture.
isn't drinking after everything part of every culture.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

KevinRiley2

My friend is a BIG curler, and he says drinking after matches is HUGE.  He says it`s part of the culture.
isn't drinking after everything part of every culture.
Not sure.  I, for one, don't drink.  :)

Aerial

Well Kev, not part of any particular individuals' personal culture but drinking booze is definitely a part of a generalized part of most cultures I would say, speaking of a culture as a whole.  

In Europe I've heard in some parts there wine is drunk at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  My kind of place!  ;)
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

KevinRiley2

Well Kev, not part of any particular individuals' personal culture but drinking booze is definitely a part of a generalized part of most cultures I would say, speaking of a culture as a whole.  

In Europe I've heard in some parts there wine is drunk at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  My kind of place!  ;)
I got drunk when I was 15, was terribly sick, and NEVER drank again.

TBH, I never missed it.

Lyle B. Style

I do remember drinking after the odd men's league games back in the 70s and early 80s at storied Winnipeg clubs like the Granite, Strathcona, Ft. Rouge and Heather CC.

Moderate at best - I was 22 to 27.

After I moved to Saskatchewan to start my broadcasting career (actually broadcasting live curling from anywhere from club rinks to larger towns and Regina)

Remember one instance when I was broadcasting the huge Weyburn Cash Spiel approx. 1979 or 80 and was able to procure the services of a guest color commentator - his name was Paul Gowsell (yep, the bearded guy who greatly resembled Charles Manson). Gowsell was quite the celebrity - often ordering pizza from the local za store and consuming them whilst curling. Well, Paul and I rollicked for a couple ends, swapping lies and curling stories - then at the end of one end - he told me ' "Hey man, gotta leave - gotta go hang a rat".

He was totally off the wall.

Only passed out once in a curling club - that being Weyburn - although I had my share of brewskis in places like Brandon, Neepawa, Souris, Killarney, Rivers, etc. when I curled with Mike McEwen's dad, the late Ed McEwen - and later the Andrews Brothers of Douglas, Manitoba (as opposed to the Andrews Sisters)
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Aerial

In Europe I've heard in some parts there wine is drunk at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  My kind of place!  ;)
I got drunk when I was 15, was terribly sick after, and NEVER drank again.

TBH, I never missed it.
Well everybody makes their own choices on these sorts of things.  I'm a moderate drinker, I enjoy the taste and enjoy the relaxed feeling of a few beers or spirit or wine, not every day but most days.  That's just me though.

Iconic SR

I can attest to this. Not a curler but attended some Briers and Scottie’s tourney games and events over the years as a guest. It really is part of the culture.

Iconic SR

I got drunk when I was 15, was terribly sick after, and NEVER drank again.

TBH, I never missed it.
When younger used to drink to excess on weekends or at a party but never was the drink till you puke type. Social drinker now and always have two drinks (one red wine with dinner and one cocktail or one beer) daily. Doctor says it provides more of a health benefit than NOT drinking any alcohol at all. But limit it to 2 max for an adult male. 

TravelPat1

I'm basically a 2 glasses of red wine a night guy.  The odd time some beer on weekends.

When I go to live sporting events buying a couple of beers is so much part of the routine I practically do it on auto-pilot. Grabbing one on the way to my seat and another between periods, innings or halftime depending on the sport.   :)

Iconic SR

I'm basically a 2 glasses of red wine a night guy.  The odd time some beer on weekends.

When I go to live sporting events buying a couple of beers is so much part of the routine I practically do it on auto-pilot. Grabbing one on the way to my seat and another between periods, innings or halftime depending on the sport.   :)
It’s funny how that works. Great system

Aerial

I'm basically a 2 glasses of red wine a night guy.  The odd time some beer on weekends.

When I go to live sporting events buying a couple of beers is so much part of the routine I practically do it on auto-pilot. Grabbing one on the way to my seat and another between periods, innings or halftime depending on the sport.   :)
Auto pilot with beers?  Pat, you just went up a few notches in my books not that that means anything but you have gone up without question.  

KevinRiley2

Canada`s Mean Girls just got their (cute little) butts handed to them by Korea.

Korea was NOT intimidated by Canada and were hyper aggressive.  It paid off.

Lyle B. Style

Canada's "Mean Girls" not only got their butts handed to them by the Korean ass-kickers - they got their noses broken . . . . .

First Canadian loss in 2 Olympics as Hi-Strung Jennifer Jones went unbeaten in the last games (Sochi) to obtain her gold medal (w/ PL Kaitlyn Lawes chucking 3rd stones)

Mean Girls have a bit of a broiler affair coming up next - taking on the very athletic and co-favoured swedes skipped by Anna Hasselborg!

KevinRiley2

Canada's "Mean Girls" not only got their butts handed to them by the Korean ass-kickers - they got their noses broken . . . . .

First Canadian loss in 2 Olympics as Hi-Strung Jennifer Jones went unbeaten in the last games (Sochi) to obtain her gold medal (w/ PL Kaitlyn Lawes chucking 3rd stones)

Mean Girls have a bit of a broiler affair coming up next - taking on the very athletic and co-favoured swedes skipped by Anna Hasselborg!
I have NO idea what Ms. Homan was thinking in the 9th end.

She needs to stop reading her press clippings (about how great they are) because she did NOT play well and took unneeded chances.  Hopefully, she will play better/smarter going forward.

Users Online

88 Guests, 11 Users (23 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
CFL2USA, mycko75, forgottenrebel, Habsfan, J5V, Mightygoose, ExPat, Dr.Whiskey, Balticfox, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (18), Baidu

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)