DAN38

I watched an awesome game.....the Scotties Championship with Jenn Jones winning her 6th time.
The place was packed in Penticton BC.
Also at the same time  men's Alberta provincial final was shown.
So there was plenty of things on TV and unlike some here will tell you or across the media the world has not stopped.
Good on the curling people to also realize.
   I guess they weren't worried going head to head with the NFL SB, the biggest ticket around, unlike some who always worry about the CFL conflicting with the odd reg season snorefest NFL game. ::)
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

Jenny Jones 6th Scotties title is all the more dazzling because she really didn't get powered up until she was in her late 20s, early 30s.

Coco Jones (Colleen from Nova Scotia) was a rabid competitor in her 20s, 30s, 40s and even early to mid 50s - and she competed in an era without monsters in other provinces. Connie Laliberte was the only true monster - Laliberte won 3 STOH titles for Manitoba but started to peter out and get old when Colleen Jones came around. When the late, great Sandra Schmirler arrived Colleen Jones disappeared into the ether.

Colleen Jones had a great team, no doubt . . . . but she would never have withstood the shot-pelting of Rachel Homan, Jennifer Jones or even Val Sweeting or Chelsea Carey - maybe not even Kris McCarville or Tracy Fleury. Probably wouldn't have stacked up to Kelly Scott when Kelly was still roaring with Jeanna Shredder as her 3rd.

Jones was a hot Winnipeg junior, actually won a Canadian championship with Kelly (McKenzie) Scott as her skip but took most of her 20s off to earn a law degree and practice corporate law for a few years. She won her first STOH title in 2005 (at the relatively advanced age of 30 or 31, played in one other in 2003 or 2004.

Rachel Homan, not yet 30 has racked up 3 STOH titles before Jones had 1 - so I would say if Homan doesn't venture off into motherhood - her great team (I call The Mean Girls) could easily win 3 more in the next 5 or 6 years - and then, who knows?

Homan has to qualify thru Ontario next season because she's our Olympic rep. But Ontario has become a finishing school for vagrant hobo curlers - so Homan is virtually guaranteed an auto-berth for awhile anyways. Once she wins another Canadian title she'll be granted Team Canada status.

I'm a diehard Jones fan and I've come to adore Black Kat Einarson but I do now for certain Homan would have destroyed either Jones or Einarson, anyone else for that matter - last week. She's far more precise than the other girls - and her team always throws up the highest percentages. She would have capitalized on Jones' screw-ups and mistakes far more than Einarson or other teams from this years group.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Lyle B. Style

Pretty Little Kaitlyn Lawes now on the ice in opening Olympic event - playing doubles with the irascible rascal John Morris!!

KevinRiley2

Pretty Little Kaitlyn Lawes now on the ice in opening Olympic event - playing doubles with the irascible rascal John Morris!!
What channel?
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

What channel?
Dang x 2.  Dang, I missed it.  Dang, she lost.  :(

Lyle B. Style

What channel?
Dang x 2.  Dang, I missed it.  Dang, she lost.  :(
The guy who spared for PLKL cost our empress the game - his name Johnny Football

KevinRiley2

What channel?
The guy who spared for PLKL cost our empress the game - his name Johnny Football
Huh?  You lost me.

Lyle B. Style

What channel?
Huh?  You lost me.
Kaitlyn's partners name is Johnny Mo (aka John Morris). He appeared drunk and confused in Kaitlyn's opener - hence Johnny Football.

KevinRiley2

Pretty Little Kaitlyn Lawes won Gold.  Her partner, John Morris, was amazing.

oo DAWG oo

Pretty Little Kaitlyn Lawes won Gold.  
You know with the way things are these days you keep saying that in every post she will join the me too movement and get you for harrassment  ;D ;D

I did have to google to see who you were talking about 

RedandWhite

You know with the way things are these days you keep saying that in every post she will join the me too movement and get you for harrassment  ;D ;D

...it's definitely moved from the 'cute fan saying' area to the 'person of interest' area...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

KevinRiley2

You know with the way things are these days you keep saying that in every post she will join the me too movement and get you for harrassment  ;D ;D

...it's definitely moved from the 'cute fan saying' area to the 'person of interest' area...
LOL.

No worries.  As I have said before, at my age, the only thing I'm chasing is the recliner and the remote control.

Aerial

Just watched the highlights of the mixed curling and congrats to Lawes and Morris for winning the gold, they were bang on. Cool event this mixed curling is!
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Lyle B. Style

Just watched the highlights of the mixed curling and congrats to Lawes and Morris for winning the gold, they were bang on. Cool event this mixed curling is!
Good curling site for fans coast to coast Earl . . . .

curlingzone.com

If you think CFL.ca is contentious wait til you mingle with curling fans!!! lol

Aerial

I've never mingled socially with curling fans but I do know they love their drinks and that is all good in my books Lyle!  ;)

Users Online

64 Guests, 4 Users (6 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
jim43bob, Sidney, Google (5), Baidu

Most Online Today: 104. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)