sambo42

As for Englot... she has quite the reputation in curling circles... she was doing well when the tourney started, wonder if she found a boy toy to keep her company... a big time party girl... I will leave it at that...
Good for her.

I have a friend who competes and he says most of the best women are nice but (very) distant/stand-off-ish.  If she likes to have a good time, while on tour, who am I to judge?
 Unless it leads to fistfights between boyfriends/lovers... one who happened to be a legendary Rider kicker... not cool...

KevinRiley2

As for Englot... she has quite the reputation in curling circles... she was doing well when the tourney started, wonder if she found a boy toy to keep her company... a big time party girl... I will leave it at that...
Good for her.

I have a friend who competes and he says most of the best women are nice but (very) distant/stand-off-ish.  If she likes to have a good time, while on tour, who am I to judge?
Unless it leads to fistfights between boyfriends/lovers... one who happened to be a legendary Rider kicker... not cool...
Fair enough but she can't be faulted if 2 dummies fight over her.

I guess I just don't understand the thinking - I am NOT the jealous type.  The day I'd fight over a woman, is the day hell freezes over.  Either live with it or find another girlfriend.  
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Lyle B. Style

For many years she competed as Michelle Ridgway - wife of legendary Rider Robo-Kicker Dave Ridgeway. Been divorced for years.

Very hot - even at 55, only 5'1 or 5'2" to boot!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

KevinRiley2

For many years she competed as Michelle Ridgway - wife of legendary Rider Robo-Kicker Dave Ridgeway. Been divorced for years.

She is attractive...  and a good curler.

Lyle B. Style

She is attractive...  and a good curler.
Great curling mind. Took a bunch of mudders to the Canadian final and whupped The Mean Girls (Rachel Homan, Ontario) a couple times before Homan curled up the game of her life to win the Canadian title. Not bad for 53.
However, the years have taken their toll. Englot is unable to throw anything more than back line to light hack weight. Her balance is almost always off-kilter and because she has such tiny little legs she can't generate much thrust out of the hack.

Basically the same thing that beset a wonderful Manitoba/BC curler named Kelly Scott. Scott could barely throw rocks thru the rings with her lack of leg drive.

Englot tries to work around it - but every time she has to hit something - its life or death.

KevinRiley2

She is attractive...  and a good curler.
Great curling mind. Took a bunch of mudders to the Canadian final and whupped The Mean Girls (Rachel Homan, Ontario) a couple times before Homan curled up the game of her life to win the Canadian title. Not bad for 53.
However, the years have taken their toll. Englot is unable to throw anything more than back line to light hack weight. Her balance is almost always off-kilter and because she has such tiny little legs she can't generate much thrust out of the hack.

Basically the same thing that beset a wonderful Manitoba/BC curler named Kelly Scott. Scott could barely throw rocks thru the rings with her lack of leg drive.

Englot tries to work around it - but every time she has to hit something - its life or death.

Re : "Great curling mind. Took a bunch of mudders to the Canadian final and whupped The Mean Girls (Rachel Homan, Ontario) a couple times before Homan curled up the game of her life to win the Canadian title. Not bad for 53."

Well said.

Hank01

The cougars can still bring it in Curling . 50 is not old for curling .

At one time that's all you had was old ladies curling . Great to see the sport expand to youth being attracted to the Canadian past time of curling .

Being at the club when I was young that's all you would see is elderly women curling now it's young women and good looking one's at that .

TravelPat1

The day I'd fight over a woman, is the day hell freezes over.
Hey Kevin. Looks like we've got something in common.  ;)

KevinRiley2

LOL!  :)

Lyle B. Style

LOL!  :)
I suspect you'd fight over Trish Stratus or Maryse Oullette - but not Sara Sanders or Kellyanne Conway!

KevinRiley2

Okay...  I'd drop the gloves over PLKL...

Lyle B. Style

Jennifer Jones is one of the great monsters of Canadian womens curling (Rachel Homan and Coco Colleen Jones the others) but Black Kat Kerri Einarson is no longer afraid of monsters - her timid and meek little 3rd has also managed to power up big-time.

Should be an interesting affair against the Super Bowl backdrop!

Aerial

Respecting curling more and more with the "talent" of Super Bowl stuff. For sure.  ;)

Hey, I'm being stupid but watching the SB makes me appreciate the Grey Cup, and Canadian curling, that much more.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Lyle B. Style

Respecting curling more and more with the "talent" of Super Bowl stuff. For sure.  ;)

Hey, I'm being stupid but watching the SB makes me appreciate the Grey Cup, and Canadian curling, that much more.
Not stupid at all Earl - other than the deceptive Foles reception TD on 4th & 1 the game is really boring. Eagles all over the Pats like Mueller on Trump!!

ArgoT

I watched an awesome game.....the Scotties Championship with Jenn Jones winning her 6th time. 
The place was packed in Penticton BC.
Also at the same time  men's Alberta provincial final was shown.
So there was plenty of things on TV and unlike some here will tell you or across the media the world has not stopped.
Good on the curling people to also realize.

Users Online

74 Guests, 10 Users (9 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
pdson2, Augustus67, smogmonster, KevinRiley2, ruswamahmet, SeaFiddle, FootbalYouBet, RM14, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)