FootbalYouBet

FIFA ranks 206 National Mens team with Canada ranking 95 - in the top half.

The USA Women's Team are ranked # 1 with FIFA's women's ranking.

I'm about 100% certain that if FIFA had to do one table for both genders - the USA Women's team would come in at # 207 - right behind # 206 - the men's team of Tonga who are last on the men's list..
what do you have against women anyhow?
The worst thing about being on the west coast is that when I want to post at night, everyone else is asleep or passed out

TravelPat1

I'm about 100% certain that if FIFA had to do one table for both genders - the USA Women's team would come in at # 207 - right behind # 206 - the men's team of Tonga who are last on the men's list..
Absolutely nothing.  But I do understand the sport of soccer and know just how much a man's team would DOMINATE a woman's team when talking about the best soccer players of both genders in the country because of power, speed and size. 

Again - some of the best women's teams in the world have been beaten badly by boys teams.  Eg. Australia - who are currently ranked ahead of Canada's womens team - lost 7 - 0 to an under 15 boys team. Not one of those 14 year old boys would be anything but a waterboy for the national men's team.

FootbalYouBet

Absolutely nothing.  But I do understand the sport of soccer and know just how much a man's team would DOMINATE a woman's team when talking about the best soccer players of both genders in the country because of power, speed and size.

Again - some of the best women's teams in the world have been beaten badly by boys teams.  Eg. Australia - who are currently ranked ahead of Canada's womens team - lost 7 - 0 to an under 15 boys team. Not one of those 14 year old boys would be anything but a waterboy for the national men's team.
I gotta believe that the Australia game was some sort of anomaly but it does give me pause.

Aerial

Pat, what is your background or how much do you actually follow soccer to say you understand the sport of soccer?  Just curious, you don't have to answer.  I am proud to say, Ron Swanson style from Parks and Recreation, that I don't understand the sport of soccer.  Just like as Ron would say he doesn't understand why anybody would be a vegan.  8)

But I do understand the sport of soccer
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

sambo42

FYB, has your wife taken over your account? ... to me, at least, it has the attitude of "I am woman, hear me roar" when it comes to this topic...

FootbalYouBet

FYB, has your wife taken over your account? ... to me, at least, it has the attitude of "I am woman, hear me roar" when it comes to this topic...
heh heh.  No, I just really appreciate and enjoy watching our women's team and not so much the men's

TravelPat1

Pat, what is your background or how much do you actually follow soccer to say you understand the sport of soccer?  
Hey Earl. Happy to answer. By no means would I consider myself an expert on the sport but I did play soccer from age 11 - 15 or 16 as a kid in leagues here in the Hamilton area and  then for a couple of years in my 30's in a rec league in Toronto.

My guess would be I probably watch somewhere in excess of 75 - 80 soccer games a year on TV between Premier League, some FA Cup, UEFA and Toronto FC games - making it to at least a couple of TFC games each year. 

This weekend for example I'll likely watch at least sizeable chunks of at least 3 Premier League games between Saturday morning and afternoon and Sunday morning between the 6 or 7 games available on TSN, Sportsnet and NBC this weekend. 

And in years like this that number of games I watch on TV will likely be higher because of the World Cup this summer. 

Aerial

Ok, that's a fairly decent amount of time I must say along with a background of playing some.

FootbalYouBet

Pat, what is your background or how much do you actually follow soccer to say you understand the sport of soccer?  
Hey Earl. Happy to answer. By no means would I consider myself an expert on the sport but I did play soccer from age 11 - 15 or 16 as a kid in leagues here in the Hamilton area and  then for a couple of years in my 30's in a rec league in Toronto.

My guess would be I probably watch somewhere in excess of 75 - 80 soccer games a year on TV between Premier League, some FA Cup, UEFA and Toronto FC games - making it to at least a couple of TFC games each year.

This weekend for example I'll likely watch at least sizeable chunks of at least 3 Premier League games between Saturday morning and afternoon and Sunday morning between the 6 or 7 games available on TSN, Sportsnet and NBC this weekend.

And in years like this that number of games I watch on TV will likely be higher because of the World Cup this summer.
wow, that is a lot of soccer to watch in a year.  I guess I watch a little more football than that, but not much.  Soccer was the sport I played second most in my life.  Just cant get into watching North American pro.

Too bad Canada women fail to qualify for U20 World Cup after loss to Haiti

Users Online

82 Guests, 6 Users (12 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Lyle B. Style, rusjod, Davaidengi, J5V, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 139. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)