FootbalYouBet

I think you are badly underestimating the ability of Canada's National Men's team.  Yes they are down around 95 in World rankings - up from 117 in 2016 due to some recent success under the coach that just got fired.

But they would still easily win over the 5th ranked Women's team.
I would have to see it to be convinced.
From BC to Premier Nothead:
 stick it, stuff it, and keep your lousy oil to yourselves.

You want a war, bring it on

sambo42

I think you are badly underestimating the ability of Canada's National Men's team.  Yes they are down around 95 in World rankings - up from 117 in 2016 due to some recent success under the coach that just got fired.

FYB, I mentioned that the women's and men's Olympic teams should play each other... most of the men aren't full time NHLers, but they still are paid pros, unless you ask brihind88 who thinks they are not... they can still play in the top league. A game between these two would not even be close. It boggles the mind to think that the women's soccer team could beat the men, even the US women's team would lose to the Canadian men.

FootbalYouBet

FYB, I mentioned that the women's and men's Olympic teams should play each other... most of the men aren't full time NHLers, but they still are paid pros, unless you ask brihind88 who thinks they are not... they can still play in the top league. A game between these two would not even be close. It boggles the mind to think that the women's soccer team could beat the men, even the US women's team would lose to the Canadian men.
yes, I did say that I knew that with Hockey, the women would have no chance.  I just think that it could be a different situation with Soccer.  The calibre of the mens soccer team is miles below the mens hockey team.  John Herdman may change this, but for now....

Aerial

My understanding is that Canada doesn't produce very good soccer players while even our AHL players in hockey would be above our best in soccer.  Probably as well as a CHL all-star type team would be above our best in soccer?

Correct?  Hey, I know nothing at all about soccer in Canada and the talent and never will, but that's my impression.

Women's soccer is an entirely different gestalt of course.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

sambo42

yes, I did say that I knew that with Hockey, the women would have no chance.  I just think that it could be a different situation with Soccer.  The calibre of the mens soccer team is miles below the mens hockey team.  John Herdman may change this, but for now....
 I agree that men's soccer is below the men's hockey team, but they would still beat the women's soccer team...  its like saying that  UBC could beat the BC Lions...

FootbalYouBet

yes, I did say that I knew that with Hockey, the women would have no chance.  I just think that it could be a different situation with Soccer.  The calibre of the mens soccer team is miles below the mens hockey team.  John Herdman may change this, but for now....
I agree that men's soccer is below the men's hockey team, but they would still beat the women's soccer team...  its like saying that  UBC could beat the BC Lions...
some days ya never know

Hank01

Is there a female soccer player in any of the elite pro leagues or even the minor pro teams in North America  ?

I think that speaks for itself . I think we stink internationally but if the women are close to the men then we really are hopeless at soccer .
MY NEW HERO JORDAN PETERSON FOR PRIME MINISTER

FootbalYouBet

Is there a female soccer player in any of the elite pro leagues or even the minor pro teams in North America  ?

I think that speaks for itself . I think we stink internationally but if the women are close to the men then we really are hopeless at soccer .
do you know the answer to your question?

have you done any research?

I know we have a few playing in Europe because that is the reason they recently were not able to play with team Canada in something.  I forget what it was.

Hank01

Christine Sinclair is not just one the best in Canada but the world but she plays for a women's pro league not any mens league .

FootbalYouBet

Christine Sinclair is not just one the best in Canada but the world but she plays for a women's pro league not any mens league .
yeah..so?

Hank01

yeah..so?
 Okay now your just being silly .

FootbalYouBet

yeah..so?
Okay now your just being silly .
Where Sinclair plays means squat in discussion of if the CANADIAN WOMENS SOCCER TEAM could beat the CANADIAN MENS SOCCER TEAM

How many of the men play in any of the elite pro leagues.

There are many of our women in North American Pro.

Hank01

Women Pro leagues are not even close to the level of the mens leagues .

Jonathan Osorio of Toronto FC by himself is too much for the Women .

The only current national team rostered player who is not affiliated with a pro club currently is Dejan Jakovic . The rest are scattered around the world with the MLS currently employing 9 players .  

With no pro league in Canada it will take awhile for our guys to move up . The MLS is American dominated but with the CPL hopefully starting up that might change for the better in international play .

Christine Sinclair is the best female soccer player I ever watched . She dominates when she is out there . Her performance at the London Olympics is legendary .
If any woman deserved a chance to play with the men it would be her .

FootbalYouBet

Women Pro leagues are not even close to the level of the mens leagues .

Jonathan Osorio of Toronto FC by himself is too much for the Women .

The only current national team rostered player who is not affiliated with a pro club currently is Dejan Jakovic . The rest are scattered around the world with the MLS currently employing 9 players .  

With no pro league in Canada it will take awhile for our guys to move up . The MLS is American dominated but with the CPL hopefully starting up that might change for the better in international play .

Christine Sinclair is the best female soccer player I ever watched . She dominates when she is out there . Her performance at the London Olympics is legendary .
If any woman deserved a chance to play with the men it would be her .
when you talk about the best against the best, you are right.  However, we are talking about a high ranked womens team against a low ranked mens team.

the best women in anything can beat a lot of men

Iconic SR

It wouldn’t even be close. Men are bigger, muscled differently, built stronger and can run faster. There are reasons why men’s teams don’t play women’s teams.

Compared my arm and leg X-rays to my wife’s once. For a moment there I felt vastly superior. Until I spoke. 

Users Online

80 Guests, 7 Users (9 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Onemoredork, Condors4ever, tcmike, 79n counting, FootbalYouBet, Sidney, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 145. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)