KevinRiley2

Quote from: "Aerial"
Well I never believed Patrick was that daft to actually believe this was anything about an NFL stadium or team in Toronto.  Yes, just a sh...t disturber, in a good and fun way,  who likes to rackle the chains of people here.  And I'll admit, he does an excellent job of this quite often.   Sorta like Feschuk at The Star: :wink:

World Cup soccer in Canada might be just the start: Feschuk

North American joint bid for 2026 men’s World Cup could spark interest in building mega-stadium in Toronto, the kind you host an Olympics around....

It certainly has exponentially more cache than, say, the 2015 Pan Am Games. And think about it: The Hamilton Tiger-Cats managed to wrangle themselves a new stadium worth about $140-some million by tying construction to a modest schedule of Pan Am soccer matches. The FIFA World Cup is the world’s biggest sporting event. So scale your ambitions accordingly. Certainly the folks who’ve long pined for Toronto to become home to an NFL team could dream about the synergies.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2 ... schuk.html
I saw that, too.  Feschuk doesn't even believe his own argument.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Aerial

I noticed that too Kevin that he basically made fun of his own argument, as you say.   :)
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

KevinRiley2

I noticed that too Kevin that he basically made fun of his own argument, as you say.   :)
It was a half-@ssed attempt.  Perhaps his editor told him to write the article.

Again, I wrote the PM and Primier and said, `NO money for NEW stadiums` - leaving out the part about `unless it is for the Stamps or Als`.

;)

TravelPat1

I told you the World Cup bid would resurrect NFL stadium talk in TO. That is all I predicted. I didn't ever say anything about the likelihood of that talk turning into anything real.    :P

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "TravelPat1"
I told you the World Cup bid would resurrect NFL stadium talk in TO. That is all I predicted. I didn't ever say anything about the likelihood of that talk turning into anything real.    :P
Why does making trouble give you pleasure, Patrick?  :(

TravelPat1

Quote from: "KevinRiley2"

Predicting something that came true is 'causing trouble? Interesting concept.

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "KevinRiley2"

Predicting something that came true is 'causing trouble? Interesting concept.
:)

Aerial

Patrick loves being the devil advocate on issues, like NFL talk in Toronto on a CFL forum. It's makes his innards come alive.  :D

KevinRiley2

Patrick loves being the devil advocate on issues, like NFL talk in Toronto on a CFL forum. It's makes his innards come alive.  :D
I've noticed. ;)

Mightygoose

And it's more than welcome to discuss. We just like to reinforce reality to the conversation  8)

Argofan_1000

Quote from: "Mightygoose"

And it's more than welcome to discuss. We just like to reinforce reality to the conversation  8)

Canada gets 10 games and we will spend billions on stadiums for this?

Also Toronto cannot have any games featuring Canada as no one will go to those games in that city

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "Argofan_1000"
Quote from: "Mightygoose"

Canada gets 10 games and we will spend billions on stadiums for this?

Also Toronto cannot have any games featuring Canada as no one will go to those games in that city
:thup:

Mightygoose

http://www.tsn.ca/seven-canadian-cities-shortlisted-for-2026-wc-bid-1.830833

7 Canadian Cities/9 Stadiums being short listed.

Vancouver: BC Place
Edmonton: Commonwealth Stadium

Calgary: McMahon Stadium
Regina: New Mosiac

Ottawa: TD Place
Toronto: Rogers Centre and BMO Field

Montreal: Olympic Stadium and Saputo Stadium
Cities will need to submit their bid by September 5. This will likely be down to 3…4 max by then,

FIFA will require the stadiums to be 40K seats permanent..not temporary. Plus grass fields with enough practice facilities nearby, also grass fields for multiple teams and enough 5 star hotels for players, FIFA members, sponsors etc….the later requirements may knock Edmonton out.
Likely the big 3 cities will be left standing. BMO won’t likely be an option in Toronto so would need to use Rogers Centre

alphamale111

http://www.tsn.ca/seven-canadian-cities-shortlisted-for-2026-wc-bid-1.830833

7 Canadian Cities/9 Stadiums being short listed.

Vancouver: BC Place
Edmonton: Commonwealth Stadium

Calgary: McMahon Stadium
Regina: New Mosiac

Ottawa: TD Place
Toronto: Rogers Centre and BMO Field

Montreal: Olympic Stadium and Saputo Stadium
Cities will need to submit their bid by September 5. This will likely be down to 3…4 max by then,

FIFA will require the stadiums to be 40K seats permanent..not temporary. Plus grass fields with enough practice facilities nearby, also grass fields for multiple teams and enough 5 star hotels for players, FIFA members, sponsors etc….the later requirements may knock Edmonton out.
Likely the big 3 cities will be left standing. BMO won’t likely be an option in Toronto so would need to use Rogers Centre

FIFA has used stadiums with temp seating in the past. BMO can be expanded to 40K per the original  designs if needed.

RedandWhite

...I heard today too that any potential funding earmarked for Calgary for the Olympic bid would be lost if this idea was pursued...it's only a request for a RFP package anyways, doubt it'll materialize into anything substantial for any of the prairie cities....
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it\'s all dark.

Users Online

169 Guests, 13 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, RichardVeilleux, Google (19)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)