KevinRiley2

Canada played Russia today in the Quarter Finals and won in Overtime.

It looked like we were going to play the Fins in the semis, but the Fins were upset by Switzerland.  

So we will meet the Swiss in the Semis.

On the other side of the bracket, the U.S. plays Sweden.  I hoping for a U.S. loss.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

DAN38

I don't care who loses as long as Canada wins.

McDavid is a one man show. Easily the best there.

Despite almost no media coverage and despite Canada paying for and training a good chunk of the players over there, we are still doing quite well... Bob Hartley is the Latvian coach ?!?!? I really don't understand how he can coach against his own country. Some more of that Canajian mentality, I guess. "Aw gee willickers, as long as you think I'm a nice guy"............... I don't like it !

I remember about 20 years back when two countries said they were tired of losing tourneys and being relegated. They both decided they were going to play and learn Canadian style hockey. Those countries were Germany and Switzerland.

Saturday at 1pm. ET.  Can- Swiss     TSN
Si vis pacem... para bellum

sambo42

I’m glad that the Swiss won... I think Finland sent their diving team to represent them at this tournament...the refs bit a few times, but not often enough for the Finns

KevinRiley2

I don't care who loses as long as Canada wins.

McDavid is a one man show. Easily the best there.

Well said.  

KevinRiley2

I’m glad that the Swiss won... I think Finland sent their diving team to represent them at this tournament...the refs bit a few times, but not often enough for the Finns
The Swiss out-trapped the Fins.  Looks good on them.

Aerial

Canada better not take the Swiss lightly though or it'll be over for them.  
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

KevinRiley2

If Canada falls behind by 1 goal, we will be in trouble.
If we fall behind by 2, it's over.

The Swiss are trapping machines.

Hank01

The WCH seems to always get lost in the sports shuffle . Canada for a few years now is a much better team .

DAN38

The WCH seems to always get lost in the sports shuffle . Canada for a few years now is a much better team .
   If a Canadian team makes it this far in the NHL playoffs the coverage of this tourney suffers. Understandable from a money perspective. I've watched every game so far and first four games were not even mentioned on some media. The Jets are the show here.

KevinRiley2

U.S. lost 6-0 to Sweden.

KevinRiley2

Well...  Canada made the mistake of falling behind by 2 and, as I said above, it was over.  :(

Hank01

Well...  Canada made the mistake of falling behind by 2 and, as I said above, it was over.  :(
 With the talent on the ice the Canadian's should win . 

Kinda like the way the world works now even if it's at our expense like today . 

Maybe the audience is the problem and we hero worship and bestow too much on a few lucky talented guys and forget it's a game . Kinda why I love the Vegas Knights story it's brilliant and kinda beautiful in cinderella way .

Loved when the NBA dream team got beat by nobody's . Loved when soccer powers get beat by plumbers and carpenters  or When Japan , Mexico or Cuba beat MLB guys and It's why I love the CFL it's just a game .

Still wanted Canada to beat the Swiss but holy cow the Swiss are beating us regularly now and that's with very good NHL players .

It's just kids games and anybody can play it .

KevinRiley2

Well...  Canada made the mistake of falling behind by 2 and, as I said above, it was over.  :(

Maybe the audience is the problem and we hero worship and bestow too much on a few lucky talented guys and forget it's a game . Kinda why I love the Vegas Knights story it's brilliant and kinda beautiful in cinderella way .

Loved when the NBA dream team got beat by nobody's . Loved when soccer powers get beat by plumbers and carpenters  or When Japan , Mexico or Cuba beat MLB guys and It's why I love the CFL it's just a game .

Still wanted Canada to beat the Swiss but holy cow the Swiss are beating us regularly now and that's with very good NHL players .

The big ice plays a BIG part.  The Canadians looked lost out there.

Hank01

The big ice plays a BIG part.  The Canadians looked lost out there.
  I would say that's true in 72 . Now the guys are fitness freaks . The NHL guys don't have a cigarette at intermission and train all year round. They don't even hit anymore like they use to so the larger ice let's the finesse come out .

The Canadians were the better team I just think the game like when the US beat the Russians in the 80 Olympics it's a kid's game and if you play to a certain level anybody can beat anybody any given Sunday . 

Stole that last part couldn't resist .

KevinRiley2

The big ice plays a BIG part.  The Canadians looked lost out there.
 I would say that's true in 72 . Now the guys are fitness freaks . The NHL guys don't have a cigarette at intermission and train all year round. They don't even hit anymore like they use to so the larger ice let's the finesse come out .

The Canadians were the better team I just think the game like when the US beat the Russians in the 80 Olympics it's a kid's game and if you play to a certain level anybody can beat anybody any given Sunday .

Stole that last part couldn't resist .
I disagree, my friend.

Hold the game on the small ice and Canada wins in a walk.

Users Online

74 Guests, 8 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
SeaFiddle, Iconic SR, Sidney, KevinRiley2, J5V, cahoonrules86, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)