tony

Jets look good after the 2nd period in a game they must win.
And win they did. 

ArgoT

Wouldn't we all love to be in the Peg tonight.
They are expecting 25k on the street, with 29C and hopefully the home team punching their ticket to the next round.

Iconic SR

Closer to 50K on the street 

Lyle B. Style

Classic Jets choke-job tonite - should be called a WIDE-OUT vs. WHITE OUT.

We is going back to Nashville - virtual lock - - - - Jets appear to be skating in cement while Violet has the Predators predating and making Jets look very meek.

Chances Jets recover and win G6 tonite - approx. 6.75%
Chances Jets recover and win G7          - approx. 37.5%

Secret to beating Jets is pneumatic fore-checking. Jets are impotent to that kind of persistence!

Hope no riots ensue with nearly 50,000 in the downtown Wpg area - and some of them are gonna be mightily pissed. . .
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

letsgoticats

We is going back to Nashville - virtual lock - - - - Jets appear to be skating in cement while Violet has the Predators predating and making Jets look very meek.

Chances Jets recover and win G7          - approx. 37.5%

Secret to beating Jets is pneumatic fore-checking. Jets are impotent to that kind of persistence!

Hope no riots ensue with nearly 50,000 in the downtown Wpg area - and some of them are gonna be mightily pissed. . .
Not every loss is a choke. Sometimes teams just get beat.  It happens.  

Lyle B. Style

It was a clear choke. Too much expectation in the local market.

Too many if we win interviews - too  much looking forward to Las Vegas.

Too many guys were over-hyped and couldn't get their legs going at the same speed their minds were flying.

Should be a great G7 - Hellybuyck will have to do his best Terry Sawchuk imitation and somebody is gonna have to eke one by Big Pekker Rinne.

Laine & Ehlers look almost terrified out there. Is it Andy Kaufman nite already?

letsgoticats

Too many if we win interviews - too  much looking forward to Las Vegas.

Too many guys were over-hyped and couldn't get their legs going at the same speed their minds were flying.

Should be a great G7 - Hellybuyck will have to do his best Terry Sawchuk imitation and somebody is gonna have to eke one by Big Pekker Rinne.

Laine & Ehlers look almost terrified out there. Is it Andy Kaufman nite already?
So do you think Nashville choked in Games 1 and 5?  And Winnipeg choked in Games 4 and 6?  Can't teams just win/lose?

Lyle B. Style

Too many if we win interviews - too  much looking forward to Las Vegas.

So do you think Nashville choked in Games 1 and 5?  And Winnipeg choked in Games 4 and 6?  Can't teams just win/lose?
Tonite was more choke than talent deficit to be sure.

Also, Maurice picked a bad time to get massively out-coached by Violet.

Jets will have to be far better to even be within 1 goal deep into the 3rd period. Helly has to be better than Rinne.

And Jets will have to do it without Laine & Ehlers - who both appear petrified under the heavy Nashville forecheck!

Lyle B. Style

Funny little stat - Jets outshot Pred by something like 8 or 9 whacks.

However, most Jets shots were perimeter or straight ahead pad-thumping.

Laine continues to be Mr. Impotent in the Peg. Almost useless out there.

No question Maurice starts to panic and makes at least one tragic roster decision for Thursday (like dressing Matt Hendricks)

Like Grapes said - Jets had one game to give - and they gave it . . . . NO DESPERATION!

Iconic SR

Jets game plan was truly off the mark last night. Now down to only one game in Nashville. 

Go JETS!!

ArgoT

Sure they lost, but a choke job?
No chance, two great teams as most predicted it would go 7.
I expect the Jets as there is no pressure on them now, will come out flying and win.

tony

Sure they lost, but a choke job?
No chance, two great teams as most predicted it would go 7.
I expect the Jets as there is no pressure on them now, will come out flying and win.
Preds "choked" their last home game. Rinne could not stop a beach ball and got pulled.

As I said in another thread, I see the pressure on the Preds playing Game 7 at home. Second round, going the distance after almost grabbing the cup last year.

FootbalYouBet

the only choke was when Preds failed to hold a 3-0 lead.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

Lyle B. Style

In a prior post I had the Jets chances of taking Game7 at 37.5%

After listening to player interviews and Coach/Genius Maurice today I'm revising to - 22.5%

According to some players they're going to Nashville to "Have Fun" while Maurice says in a 3-2 series "someone has to lose game 6"

Should be going into Hicksville, Tennessee with only one thought - being the grim reapers and spoiling a potential Predators celebration.

Might even be a slaughter in Preds favour - 3 or more goals before empty-netters.

We should find out after the series that Ehlers was playing with a significant injury and Laine wasn't shooting that accurate/hard due to some kind of muscle strain in his arm.

Hope I'm wrong!

tony

the only choke was when Preds failed to hold a 3-0 lead.
Getting spanked 6-2 and having your #1 goalie pulled,  not sure what you might call it.

Laying an egg perhaps.

Users Online

60 Guests, 7 Users (5 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
raymarkca, Count Floyd, SeaFiddle, Iconic SR, Sidney, KevinRiley2, Google (AdSense), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)