btharner

They are only 8 points out of 6th. Surely you remember what the Sounders did two years ago. Anything is possible in this league.

rshmglsky

They are only 8 points out of 6th. Surely you remember what the Sounders did two years ago. Anything is possible in this league.
Well if that's the case I'll cheer for them drawing 0-0 1-1 win/lose 1-0 2-1 until playoff time--never mind soccer fans like that.

TravelPat1

Down by 8 points just chasing one team - absolutely still time.  The trouble is they are likely chasing 5 teams if you assume DC will pass them in points with their 4 games in hand. That makes it A LOT tougher.

Even in weeks TFC win - some of those 5 teams between them and the last playoff spot are going to be winning too. And right now TFC are not showing many (any?) signs of making the type of run they will likely need. 

KevinRiley2

With 17 matches on the league docket, posting a total attendance number like 333,307 is to be expected. But that total is a little misleading. The number that matters on the attendance front is per-game average, and in this case MLS squads attracted only 19,606 fans per game. Some of this lies in the fact that several teams failed to draw their season average — Houston, Montreal, Minnesota, LA Galaxy, for example, and the big crowds attracted by NYC FC and FC Dallas couldn’t offset the smaller crowds.

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2018-mls-attendance/
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

btharner

Yeah, that 12196 in Toronto was a killer.

Oops, that was the Argos. My bad.

Full disclosure, I am an Argos fan and if we lived anywhere near Toronto it would have been 12198.

Argofan_1000

Yeah, that 12196 in Toronto was a killer.

Oops, that was the Argos. My bad.

Full disclosure, I am an Argos fan and if we lived anywhere near Toronto it would have been 12198.
CFL reports bums in the seats. MLS reports tickets distributed including freebees.  I was not included in the latest Argo game numbers even though I have 5 Season tickets. could not make it for 5:30 . Argo ticket office said more sold but did not attend. MLS gives away 20% of tickets. I found that when I googled MLS fake attendance.  I don't know what system is better but I favor the MLS model 

KevinRiley2

CFL reports bums in the seats. MLS reports tickets distributed including freebees.  I was not included in the latest Argo game numbers even though I have 5 Season tickets. could not make it for 5:30 . Argo ticket office said more sold but did not attend. MLS gives away 20% of tickets. I found that when I googled MLS fake attendance.  I don't know what system is better but I favor the MLS model
There is no denying the Argos attendance is horrid / shameful. 

btharner

CFL reports bums in the seats. MLS reports tickets distributed including freebees.  I was not included in the latest Argo game numbers even though I have 5 Season tickets. could not make it for 5:30 . Argo ticket office said more sold but did not attend. MLS gives away 20% of tickets. I found that when I googled MLS fake attendance.  I don't know what system is better but I favor the MLS model
As I've said before, I prefer actual turnstile counts. The CFL may be the only league that uses them anymore, and I credit them for that. For me, to be in attendance means being physically present in the stadium. If they are listing tickets distributed, then label it as such, just don't call it attendance.

TravelPat1

I believe the Argos and the Riders are the only two CFL teams who seem to report scanned tickets.  Other teams (certainly the Ti-Cats) report tickets distributed like most teams in most other leagues. 

Hence you always have Ti-Cats crowds reported in the 23,000 - 24,000 range when in fact last year there were rarely 20,000 there and for one game I was at likely only about 15,000 actually at the game.

KevinRiley2

I believe the Argos and the Riders are the only two CFL teams who seem to report scanned tickets.  Other teams (certainly the Ti-Cats) report tickets distributed like most teams in most other leagues.

Hence you always have Ti-Cats crowds reported in the 23,000 - 24,000 range when in fact last year there were rarely 20,000 there and for one game I was at likely only about 15,000 actually at the game.
Amazing how the Usual Suspects see way MORE people at Jays and TFC games than are actually there, but LESS people at CFL game.  

Anyone know if there is a name for this optical condition?

KevinRiley2

Amazing how the Usual Suspects see way MORE people at Jays and TFC games than are actually there, but LESS people at CFL game.  

Anyone know if there is a name for this optical condition?
I found the Latin names for the condition :

- bandwagonjumpus

- inferioritycomplexus

I wonder if there's a cure?

KevinRiley2

I found the Latin names for the condition :

- bandwagonjumpus

- inferioritycomplexus

I wonder if there's a cure?
If anyone wonders if they suffer from this condition, there is a test :

If you see TV ratings of 600K as wonderful for Jays, Raptors and TFC games, but dump on the CFL if/ when they get those numbers, you might want to see your doctor.

rcon

600k tv ratings would be season total for all TFC games!!!

KevinRiley2

600k tv ratings would be season total for all TFC games!!!
Yes but, according to the Usual Suspects, that would be AMAZING and better than the CFL - no matter what the CFL gets.

TravelPat1

Toronto FC laid another egg in Orlando last night and with DC United winning in their new Audi Field (with mostly home games left the rest of the way for them) Toronto FC are sadly the worst team in the east. 

I guess they'll have to turn their attention to retaining their Canadian Championships with games against Ottawa starting this week. 

Meanwhile Atlanta set a new MLS attendance record today with a crowd of 72,243. 

Users Online

75 Guests, 11 Users (14 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Balticfox, VICIOUSCIRCLE, cheater, KevinRiley2, Mightygoose, sully, RichardVeilleux, CrazyCanuck1988, mycko75, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)