KevinRiley2

* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Hank01

WOW ; How can they not turn a profit with that much capital coming in annually in 
expansion money ?  Two decades with no profits . 

Where is the money going ?

They do have infrastructure built . But man they are over speculating on TV money that is not there and may never be there in the future . 

KevinRiley2

Professor Stefan Szymanski - The University of Michigan...

"“That’s a fairly serious accusation since Ponzi schemes are illegal,” Szymanski said. “But what it is hard to understand is how Major League Soccer can, at the same time, say that they are losing money, and then say that they can sell franchises for $150 million each. It seems like some kind of pyramid scheme and it’s really hard to see how this is ultimately going to make money for the owners.”

Radio discussion :

http://michiganradio.org/post/expert-says-something-about-major-league-soccer-business-model-doesn-t-add

KevinRiley2

WOW ; How can they not turn a profit with that much capital coming in annually in
expansion money ?  Two decades with no profits .

Where is the money going ?

They do have infrastructure built . But man they are over speculating on TV money that is not there and may never be there in the future .
Amen, brother...

They are covering losses with expansion money.

Question : So what happens when the expansion money dries up?

Answer : Owners start heading for the door.  When that happens, franchise values / the Pyramid collapses.

Vermonter

Who do you guys have winning the Canadian Championship this year? 

Here's the bracket 

Sucks that Edmonton already folded. 

The Tournament gets underway on June 6, with qualifying round games throughout June. 

The MLS teams enter the fray in the semifinal round in July. The Finals are in August. 

FWIW, Toronto has the one seed. 
/They won the last two of these things, as well as 6 out of 10 overall. 
//The were runners up in two of the four that they didn't win. 

KevinRiley2

The New England vs TFC game is NOT well attended.  I am shocked but happy - at Gillette Stadium. :)

KevinRiley2

TFC lost.  Nice.  :)

ArgoT

TFC lost.  Nice.  :)
Didn't see it, but any time they lose and currently remain  in last place is good news.

letsgoticats

Didn't see it, but any time they lose and currently remain  in last place is good news.
Hey, they're in second last.  :-*

Things are going to be rough as the roster is absolutely decimated by injury right now.  Like in the CFL, it's possible for teams to turn things around and sneak into the playoffs in the second half of the season.  Hopefully TFC can do that. 

KevinRiley2

Didn't see it, but any time they lose and currently remain  in last place is good news.
Hey, they're in second last.  :-*

Things are going to be rough as the roster is absolutely decimated by injury right now.  Like in the CFL, it's possible for teams to turn things around and sneak into the playoffs in the second half of the season.  Hopefully TFC can do that.
I wouldn't bet on it.

2017 was their dream season.  Everything fell into place.  2018 will be a fall from graces - as the bloom is already off that ugly little rose.

rshmglsky

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sporting-kc/article211217139.html

Garber on relegation, betting, etc

I wonder what fans have to bet on in soccer? Which games won't end one-nil or nil nil?

KevinRiley2

A LOT of empty seats for a Friday night.

Who predicted the bloom would come off this ugly rose?

THIS GUY!!!   ;D

Give it a couple years and it will really be bad.

TFC is winning.  Hope they lose.

KevinRiley2

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sporting-kc/article211217139.html

Garber on relegation, betting, etc

I wonder what fans have to bet on in soccer? Which games won't end one-nil or nil nil?
My guess...

Some of the MLS games have been fixed.

TravelPat1

Big night for Canadians on TFC as they pull out a desperately needed win over Orlando tonight. 

Their first goal saw Jay Chapman (from Brampton) knock in the rebound of a Tousaint Ricketts (from Edmonton) shot off the post to give them a 1 - 0 lead. 

And then Ryan Telfer (a York University, Toronto FC II home grown product from Mississauga) had a beauty of a winner - his first MLS goal in his MLS debut in the final 4 mnutes. 

Great night for Canadian soccer!

Here is the Telfer beauty of a winner.
https://www.facebook.com/torontofc/videos/10155190864421805/

Users Online

106 Guests, 17 Users (21 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
tcmike, Augustus67, TravelPat1, SeaFiddle, RedandWhite, ExPat, Mightygoose, pdson2, Iconic SR, bwf029, Allek, G Man, Google (AdSense) (15), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)