Hank01

alphamale111

and climbing...

https://www.clubworldranking.com/ranking-clubs?wd=15&yr=2018&index=150
 Only 6 spots behind Tehran Persepolis but 7 ahead of Poltava Vorskia .
LOL - Hey... out of some 2000 clubs in the world... this ain't bad.

TravelPat1

Fantastic ranking I would say - ranked one spot ahead of the 7th place team in the Premier League.

Aerial

Tehran Persepolis. What the f is that???????????????  sounds like some zoology buggy thingy.  Er I guess entomology to be more precise.

Hey, go TFC but there are so many "championships" or whatever in soccer I can't keep up with it, my head is confused.  :-*

As I say, go TFC for whatever "championship" or accolade is out there for soccer, not a clue from this dude, so many makes the head spin.

And then Burnley?  What is that, some small town under 1000 population in Northern Ontario you have to fly into?  :-* :-* :-*

Look, I don't get soccer and how the whole thing is organized and I'm sure I ever will but whatever, I wish the best for the footie fans they are happy with the soccer situation as it is, whatever it is.  Go for it!  :-*

Just bring Pelé back that is one soccer player I do know although I don't know what team he played for truth be told, some South American country I think.  Not sure.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

alphamale111

Tehran Persepolis. What the f is that???????????????  sounds like some zoology buggy thingy.  Er I guess entomology to be more precise.

Hey, go TFC but there are so many "championships" or whatever in soccer I can't keep up with it, my head is confused.  :-*

As I say, go TFC for whatever "championship" or accolade is out there for soccer, not a clue from this dude, so many makes the head spin.

And then Burnley?  What is that, some small town under 1000 population in Northern Ontario you have to fly into?  :-* :-* :-*

Look, I don't get soccer and how the whole thing is organized and I'm sure I ever will but whatever, I wish the best for the footie fans they are happy with the soccer situation as it is, whatever it is.  Go for it!  :-*

Just bring Pelé back that is one soccer player I do know although I don't know what team he played for truth be told, some South American country I think.  Not sure.
There's really 5 possible trophies for clubs like TFC.

Domestic - League (MLS) with 2 trophies - MLS Cup (playoff winner)and  Supporter Shield (Best overall leaque record)
National - Canadian Championship - 1 trophy -  Voyageurs Cup  (Qualification to Champions league)
International - Champions League - 1 trophy ( Qualification for Club world Cup) - 1 trophy.

Aerial

Thanks alpha for that info although where does CONCACAF fit in?

And really, come to think of it, hockey has it's own convolutions with the Stanley Cup and various European leagues and champsionships, World Championships, Olympics and then the "Canada Cup" thingy and I'm sure I'm missing a few.

One thing I like about gridiron, less countries play it and while some say that is a negative, it can be a positive for simplicity sakes.

Hank01

and climbing...

https://www.clubworldranking.com/ranking-clubs?wd=15&yr=2018&index=150
Only 6 spots behind Tehran Persepolis but 7 ahead of Poltava Vorskia .
LOL - Hey... out of some 2000 clubs in the world... this ain't bad.
  I actually would rank them higher I am sure TFC are better than the one's I joked about . 

The stats they provide on the site are a miss mash with some records of no wins and some only losses in their prospective leagues and these are highly ranked teams like in Mexico .  I also think the soccer hungry nations with leagues with real hungry skilled players like in South and Central America are probably much better than they rank them .

The Last Word

Remember when certain people around here claimed MLS Team valuations were wildly off the mark?

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2018/04/d-c-united-reportedly-heading-for-ownership-shakeup/

D.C. United appears to be on the verge of a major ownership change, with Patrick Soon-Shiong reportedly nearing an agreement to invest in the club. 
Under the terms that are being reported by Bloomberg, Soong-Shiong and current United managing general partner and CEO Jason Levien are working to purchase the ownership stake held by Erick Thohir. If the agreement does move forward, the billionaire Soon-Shiong would add United to a slate of investments that includes an ownership share of the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and his recent $500-million purchase of the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune.
According to Bloomberg, the agreement would value United at an MLS-record $500 million. Soon-Shiong would serve as the club’s largest stakeholder, while Levien would remain in his role with the organization and could eventually take part in an effort to land additional investors.

ArgoT

Loving it, 2-1 home field loss to Mexico.
That's 2 big away goals to give up.
Thankfully the dream ends next week in Mexico.

KevinRiley2

Remember when certain people around here claimed MLS Team valuations were wildly off the mark?

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2018/04/d-c-united-reportedly-heading-for-ownership-shakeup/

D.C. United appears to be on the verge of a major ownership change, with Patrick Soon-Shiong reportedly nearing an agreement to invest in the club.
Under the terms that are being reported by Bloomberg, Soong-Shiong and current United managing general partner and CEO Jason Levien are working to purchase the ownership stake held by Erick Thohir. If the agreement does move forward, the billionaire Soon-Shiong would add United to a slate of investments that includes an ownership share of the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and his recent $500-million purchase of the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune.
According to Bloomberg, the agreement would value United at an MLS-record $500 million. Soon-Shiong would serve as the club’s largest stakeholder, while Levien would remain in his role with the organization and could eventually take part in an effort to land additional investors.
Yes...  And this just reinforced that belief.  

P.S.  D.C. United attendance down 50% this year...

https://soccerstadiumdigest.com/2018-mls-attendance/

"...another week of subpar results for 2018 MLS attendance numbers in Week 7 for the third week in a row, as disappointing numbers were posted in New England and Colorado."

What happens when they run out of fools?

And look...

"and his recent $500-million purchase of the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune."

The genius just spent $500M on print media, just as print media started to take off. ::)  Aren't newspapers dying?

Seems like every time he spends $500M, he spends it on garbage.

* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

TravelPat1

Toronto FC are in an up hill battle now.  But at least being down by only one goal they are not out of it yet. But certainly a long shot.

As for MLS attendance being down in Washington and it's high team value - both undoubtedly are related to their new stadium which is due to open in July. Look for their attendance to spike once they move into their new $300 million USD Washington DC home - Audi Field FYI - Audi is paying $4 million per year for 10 years for naming rights.

The only 2 home games they have played until they move into that stadium was one game at the Maryland Sportsplex and another at the Navy Stadium in Annapolis - both outside the city. (Previously they played at RFK Stadium in Washington). All their games are on the road until the July 14th opener at their new home.

KevinRiley2

Toronto FC are in an up hill battle now.  But at least being down by only one goal they are not out of it yet. But certainly a long shot.

As for MLS attendance being down in Washington and it's high team value - both undoubtedly are related to their new stadium which is due to open in July. Look for their attendance to spike once they move into their new $300 million USD Washington DC home - Audi Field FYI - Audi is paying $4 million per year for 10 years for naming rights.

The only 2 home games they have played until they move into that stadium was one game at the Maryland Sportsplex and another at the Navy Stadium in Annapolis - both outside the city. (Previously they played at RFK Stadium in Washington). All their games are on the road until the July 14th opener at their new home.

We'll see...

Other than Montreal and Vancouver, the attendance numbers were down in many U.S. markets.  LOVE IT!!!

Wait until the bottom falls out.  I will once again say, "I told you so!!!"

KevinRiley2

KevinRiley2

TravelPat1

I suspect that at least some of the attendance issues are related to the brutal March and April weather that much of the continent has faced. There was an article in Forbes talking about how many MLB teams are off to a poorer start at the gate due to the unusually cold and crappy weather in so many cities. Apparently the turnstile count for one White Sox home game was less that 1,000 fans earlier this month. 

That so many TFC fans have showed up for their MLS and CONCACAF games in terrible weather the last few weeks is a testament to the dedication of the team's fans. 

With DC United there is an article in todays Washington Post that talks about the owners of Swansea in the Premier League potentially being involved as investors in the team.  

Users Online

72 Guests, 10 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Wumper, 97valkyrie, TommyBoy1, FootbalYouBet, rshmglsky, TravelPat1, RedandWhite, jkm, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (14)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)