Hank01

People are wondering if Baltimore is, in fact, the worst team in the history of baseball.  

It's possible.
 Since the 62 Mets at 40 -120 and the Tigers in 2003 with 43 - 119 record have been the worst in modern history . 

The Philadelphia Athletics of 1916 at 36 - 117 hold the record with a .235 percentage over all .

It's possible but a .283 percentage at present will get you 15th place . 

They need some dog day slumping to get them over the top .

KevinRiley2

10 - 1 in their last 11 home games and a winning record for the month of June. Not bad after the disaster that was the month of May.

Record by month:

March -  1 - 2
April - 15 - 10
May - 9 - 19
June - 14 - 12

Bring on July!  
3 - 6 this month.  Bring on July, indeed!
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

10 - 1 in their last 11 home games and a winning record for the month of June. Not bad after the disaster that was the month of May.

Record by month:

March -  1 - 2
April - 15 - 10
May - 9 - 19
June - 14 - 12

Bring on July!  
3 - 7 this month.  Bring on July, indeed!

TravelPat1

On a night where I've been out and don't know if the Jays won or lost that night I don't even have to go to mlb.com to know if the Jays won or lost (although I will go there right after posting this to make sure my theory is holding true and to get the score).

All I need to do is come to this thread and if there is a post that looks like this from around the time the Jays game likely ended - I can be pretty sure the Jays lost that night. If there isn't one - they likely won.  lol

Posted by: KevinRiley2
« on: Jul 12 2018, 10:30 PM »

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Edited to add - theory intact. Red Sox win their 10th in a row with the help of 5 unearned runs against Happ.

KevinRiley2

On a night where I've been out and don't know if the Jays won or lost that night I don't even have to go to mlb.com to know if the Jays won or lost (although I will go there right after posting this to make sure my theory is holding true and to get the score).

All I need to do is come to this thread and if there is a post that looks like this from around the time the Jays game likely ended - I can be pretty sure the Jays lost that night. If there isn't one - they likely won.  lol

Edited to add - theory intact. Red Sox win their 10th in a row with the help of 5 unearned runs against Happ.
LOL!  I guarantee you read my posts.  You can't help yourself.  

Lyle B. Style

Happ will be a solid plus .500 pitcher, often dominant for the team that plucks him off the woeful Jays roster. Might be able to squeeze 3 years (2 for sure) from his current 35 yr old body.

Mookie roughed Happ up with a go-ahead grand-slam in the middle of the game after an outstanding start by Happ.

But I blame the big salami more on an increasingly failing Russ Martin - putting Happ's pitch up into Mookie's wheelhouse for a no-doubter.

Squibby (Gibbons) and Martin will protect each other (they don't have to, their salaries are guaranteed) but Martin is a guy who's wheels are falling off his catching abilities - and they've already totally fallen off his hitting skills (now settling in as a consistent buck 65 hitter)

Most experts feel Martin could help a playoff team with his glove, obviously his bat now a huge liability. Jays (Rogers) would have to eat up to 80% (or more) of Martin's 20 million dollar salary to dispatch him.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Lyle B. Style

Jays win a 20 run slug fest vs. mighty Bosox last nite in Boston.

Portabello, the Redsox pitcher was slightly off his game - and the Jays spares were prepared to oblige.
Gurriel turning into a non-playoff superstar.
Borucki rocked for way too many runs as his loss streak stopped but he gives up a ton of runs before the Jays started running away with it.

TravelPat1

13 runs on Friday the 13th.  Gotta love it.  So four games into this six game road trip against Atlanta and the BoSox - that I thought really had the potential to be an 0-6 disaster and surprisingly for me the Jays are 2 - 2 so far.  

And talk about a couple of days of marathon sport watching. The 6.5 hour Isner-Anderson Wimbledon semi-final yesterday afternoon. Now the second semi-final between Nadal and Djokovic suspended overnight now over 4 hours early into a 5th set there.  And last night's Jays game a typical Fenway LONG one. 3 hours and 43 minutes for a 9 inning game. 

rcon

14 games out of a playoff spot with 69 game left, gotta love it! They should be officially eliminated by the end of August. :)

TravelPat1

Hey the Jays have been out of it for a long time now. One reason - their disastrous May. The  other because of just how strong 5 teams are in the AL this year.  

Right now the 2nd wildcard team that they are 14 games behind (Seattle) are currently 21 games over .500. At this time last year the team in the 2nd wildcard spot (the Yankees) were only 3 games over .500. If that was the case this season the Jays would only be 5 games back and still be on the fringes of the wildcard race. 

No such luck this season.  

Superman is still up to his usual exploits though.  

https://www.facebook.com/BlueJays/videos/10155918442943772/

KevinRiley2

Baseball players are such wimps.

KevinRiley2

I know fans will have excuses but baseball players are such wimps.

The same stuff a football or hockey player would be ASHAMED to complain about, will cause a baseball player to be removed from the game - and take a week off!

And Buck Martinez has the nerve to say, as a compliment no less, "He's a baseball player".   Yeah...  whatever. ::)

TravelPat1

Another loss where having Osuna may have made a difference. Blowing a one run lead in the bottom of the 9th and losing it on a grand slam in extra innngs. 

Lyle B. Style

Jays lose to a 10th inning walk-off grand salami to Xander Bogarts - of course, Squibby Gibby, between gulps of mountain dew and chomps of zotes decided to bring in a AAA deadbeat to serve up the loss in the extra inning. No fuss, no muss!

KevinRiley2

Record by month:

March -  1 - 2
April - 15 - 10
May - 9 - 19
June - 14 - 12

Bring on July!  
4 - 8 this month.  Bring on July, indeed!!!

Users Online

78 Guests, 11 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
BillyDee87, yougottabekidding, Mightygoose, ExPat, schmenger, cheater, Balticfox, VICIOUSCIRCLE, KevinRiley2, sully, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)