everyman

What's noticeable here is when a reporter/media host agrees with someone they are gospel. When they disagree they are hacks. Strange dichotomy. Guarantees  one is always right I guess.

What I don't get is the joy some get when players are hurt.

Aerial

The Jays might consider getting Sid the Kid on the roster to help with the offense after watching this goal.  ;)

https://www.tsn.ca/crosby-bats-in-ot-goal-penguins-beat-devils-4-3-1.1042422
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

KevinRiley2

What's noticeable here is when a reporter/media host agrees with someone they are gospel. When they disagree they are hacks. Strange dichotomy. Guarantees  one is always right I guess.

Re : "What I don't get is the joy some get when players are hurt."

Tulo has bone spurs in his feet and he's being paid $20M/yr to recover.

You give me $20M/yr, and I'll live with bone spurs.

Re : "...Kevin Riley is always right, I guess."

Fixed it for you.  :)
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

Looks like a repeat of last April for the Jays so far.  Bats are ice cold.
That's a shame.  :)

Aerial

You and me both Kevin. 

TravelPat1

Oh Kevin. You make me laugh.  You hear somebody say 'nobody was watching before 2015' and you believe them. So gullible. 

In 2012 - a season the Jays went 73-89 (which is likely about where they will end up this year based on their 'dead arms' and dead bats so far)  - in that bad season - the Jays averaged 540,000 viewers per game to their 162 games on Sportsnet.  About what the CFL averaged last season.  Does that mean 'nobody' was watching the CFL? (I think not.)  Oh and they averaged almost 26,000 fans a game in that season - more than can fit in any of the Eastern Division stadiums today. 

To quote Scott Moore from 2013 - who at the time was Roger's President of Sports Broadcasting - now remember this is a quote from pre-2015 when you claim 'nobody' was watching - here is what Moore said.  

“The Jays are the linchpin of our broadcast content strategy,” Moore says. “Even in a disappointing season they give us six nights a week of really strong numbers.”
I rest my case.  :)

TravelPat1

It is going to be a long season for the Jays unless something miraculous happens with their bats.  Compared to the Yankees lineup - which really is insanely good - the Jays were lucky just to keep things close last night and make it a little exciting by getting the tying run to the plate in the bottom of the 9th. 

Decent Friday night crowd with almost 34,000 there - with TFC drawing about 28,000 down the road - it made for a very busy GO Train ride into TO from the west last evening. Clearly on Friday nights the Jays are aiming at a younger demographic with the music cranked and a DJ spinning tunes pregame and between innings. 

Aaron Judge of the Yankees is a beast. He towers over anybody he stands near.  Yet seemed like a nice guy - smiling when fans chatted with him.  Taking time before the game to pose for pictures for kids. Some other players seem to just ignore the fans. 

Here some shots I took at the game. 

Aaron Judge towering over teammate Brett Gardner in the on deck circle. 

Judge at the plate

A look into the Yankee dugout

Sanchez with the pitch 

Josh (Dead arm) Donaldson

Members of Canada's Women's hockey team threw out the first pitch.

Lyle B. Style

What's noticeable here is when a reporter/media host agrees with someone they are gospel. When they disagree they are hacks. Strange dichotomy. Guarantees  one is always right I guess.

Re : "What I don't get is the joy some get when players are hurt."

Tulo has bone spurs in his feet and he's being paid $20M/yr to recover.

Re : "...Kevin Riley is always right, I guess."

Fixed it for you.  :)
Just a guess that Tulowiffski is RELIEVED to be injured - receive his guarandamteed 20 million annual stash and no longer have to embarrass himself at the plate.

As a field Tulo is still above average - even though he's a gangly 6'5" tall drink of water; as a batter he's = well, not quite at Bautista embarrassment levels (ie. .199) but darn close. At least Whifftista managed to put up 20 to 24 dingers while putting together that embarrassing batting average - an average so dismal that other MLB GMs are ignoring his better numbers and refuse him an opportunity to play for a million or two.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

KevinRiley2

Oh Kevin. You make me laugh.  You hear somebody say 'nobody was watching before 2015' and you believe them. So gullible.

In 2012 - a season the Jays went 73-89 (which is likely about where they will end up this year based on their 'dead arms' and dead bats so far)  - in that bad season - the Jays averaged 540,000 viewers per game to their 162 games on Sportsnet.  About what the CFL averaged last season.  Does that mean 'nobody' was watching the CFL? (I think not.)  Oh and they averaged almost 26,000 fans a game in that season - more than can fit in any of the Eastern Division stadiums today.

To quote Scott Moore from 2013 - who at the time was Roger's President of Sports Broadcasting - now remember this is a quote from pre-2015 when you claim 'nobody' was watching - here is what Moore said.  

“The Jays are the linchpin of our broadcast content strategy,” Moore says. “Even in a disappointing season they give us six nights a week of really strong numbers.”
I rest my case.  :)
LOL.  :)

Aerial

Who knows, the Jays may end up doing very well this year, it's only 2 games into the season.

KevinRiley2

Who knows, the Jays may end up doing very well this year, it's only 2 games into the season.
I am a pessimist and even I think they will be bad.  Altho, not as bad as I hope - unless they go 0-162. 

everyman

Oh Kevin. You make me laugh.  You hear somebody say 'nobody was watching before 2015' and you believe them. So gullible.

In 2012 - a season the Jays went 73-89 (which is likely about where they will end up this year based on their 'dead arms' and dead bats so far)  - in that bad season - the Jays averaged 540,000 viewers per game to their 162 games on Sportsnet.  About what the CFL averaged last season.  Does that mean 'nobody' was watching the CFL? (I think not.)  Oh and they averaged almost 26,000 fans a game in that season - more than can fit in any of the Eastern Division stadiums today.

He's not gullible imo. He's just become what is commonplace.
Like many he only supports and believes reports or statements made that reflect his opinion.
When they don't reflect his opinion they are hacks.
And That's the high road? Actually that tag line is quite hilarious. Nice to have the presence of ego to declare oneself all those things isn't it? 

TravelPat1

One thing that I did notice last night was added screening to protect fans at the Jays game.  The screen behind home plate is about 10 feet higher.  It used to be foul balls coming straight back could come screaming back into the last 7 or 8 rows of the 100 level when just clearing the lower screen. 

Plus they have added screens over each dugout. 

Even with those two bats still managed to fly into the crowd last night just past the Jays dugout - one of them a broken bat that was like a spear spinning into the crowd. Fortunately nobody appeared to be seriously hurt.

KevinRiley2

He's not gullible imo. He's just become what is commonplace.
Like many he only supports and believes reports or statements made that reflect his opinion.
When they don't reflect his opinion they are hacks.
And That's the high road? Actually that tag line is quite hilarious. Nice to have the presence of ego to declare oneself all those things isn't it?
Don't be bitter, everyman.  Don't be bitter.

We can't all take the High Road, so just be grateful I do.  

P.S.  

I don't mind if pundits argue/disagree about the future, but I expect them to be accurate about the past.  Thankfully, the Friday group Prime Time Sports were.

KevinRiley2

One thing that I did notice last night was added screening to protect fans at the Jays game.  The screen behind home plate is about 10 feet higher.  It used to be foul balls coming straight back could come screaming back into the last 7 or 8 rows of the 100 level when just clearing the lower screen.

Plus they have added screens over each dugout.

Even with those two bats still managed to fly into the crowd last night just past the Jays dugout - one of them a broken bat that was like a spear spinning into the crowd. Fortunately nobody appeared to be seriously hurt.

Lots of empty seats for a Friday against the Yankees - on a long weekend.  :)

Users Online

92 Guests, 6 Users (22 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, ExPat, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (13), Alexa

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)