Balticfox

...the motorcyclist's motto...
I thought it was "Don't read Japanese, don't write Japanese, don't ride Japanese."

and 

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."

???
Radically Canadian!

Paolo X

Big government and big business looks forward to a society less capable and more controlled by programmable machines.

Imagine being injured and in a crisis situation where your survival depends on a millenial being able to drive a vehicle with you in it out of peril backwards using mirrors.

You're gonna die, my friend.
With the over-reliance on smart phones and apps for so much thought and thinking, or what purports to be either, the voluntary mind control experiment afoot sure is working too.

Wait until the power goes out for awhile folks and watch what happens next.
Best Regards, Paolo

DAN38

With the over-reliance on smart phones and apps for so much thought and thinking, or what purports to be either, the voluntary mind control experiment afoot sure is working too.

Wait until the power goes out for awhile folks and watch what happens next.
  Right on, Paolo and Iconic too. (I have no idea why Iconic's post won't load here)

I've been saying for years that the reliance on electricity has gone too far. I'm not saying that we shouldn't use electricity but that we should be ready for when it's not there. Too many people flick the switch without knowing where it comes from or what it is. If the power goes out I have 3 more sources of heat to keep me and my house warm. The reliance on electricity alone... is shocking. ;)

As for cell phones, I've been around the world, hunted and fished way up north and fished on a trawler 30 miles out in the Gulf of St Lawrence and the Atlantic and I never had a cell phone. Why would I need one now ? I've been asking people why they have one for a long time now and the answers are always the same.. "I hate it but I need it."..."My work means I need one."(yet they take it on vacation) and my fav..."I got a really good deal on it."....When I ask people what they are checking for, they tell me that someone might have messaged them. Whoop Dee Do. Not everyone is a heart surgeon on call. What a waste of money. I see people walking into walls and posts and each other all the time. That phone sure is important.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

Hank01

The A and W commercials . It just bugs me and I like the food once in awhile .

Do you have to be in your twenties to like root beer or hamburgers ?

The host guy is in his early 60's maybe late 50's but he only speaks to young people in the commercials . After awhile it's very noticeable .

I like A and W and I  like Swiss Chalet but it's an older crowd who flock to these places en mass . 

They probably want the younger one's to go away from Mickie Dees but there demographic that I have seen has older people really enjoying their breakfasts and lunches .

Maybe a little more diversity in age demographic would be a bigger lift than this millennial push to eating healthy fast food . Older people love the idea of healthy fast food made with the least amount of additives . Embrace your consumers .

TravelPat1

Right on, Paolo and Iconic too. (I have no idea why Iconic's post won't load here)

Ironically - considering the discussion of cell phones Dan - the reason you could not include Iconic's and Paulo's quotes together is because a change was made recently to only allow one person's post to be quoted in a post.  The reason - if multiple quotes keep getting included in new posts they become almost unreadable for those using their cell phones to read these boards. With multiple previous posts quoted it ends up looking like this for people reading these forums on their mobile. 

DAN38

Ironically - considering the discussion of cell phones Dan - the reason you could not include Iconic's and Paulo's quotes together is because a change was made recently to only allow one person's post to be quoted in a post.  The reason - if multiple quotes keep getting included in new posts they become almost unreadable for those using their cell phones to read these boards. With multiple previous posts quoted it ends up looking like this for people reading these forums on their mobile.

I really appreciate your answer, Pat. Thank you. That explains why some people don't understand the gist of a conversation and repeat what just has been posted. In this 'instant gratification' world it tells a lot. So, people on cell phones have priority over people on comps. I think it is wonderful of the CFL to help promote needless gadgetry ::). I wonder if it will help curb people walking in front of moving traffic while looking down at their phones. I wonder how many accidents due to cell phone use are not reported. Reminds me of the TTC not reporting how many suicides there are by jumping in front of subway trains. That still goes on. Can't have that bad publicity, can we ? What a joke... I watched a young fellow, maybe 12-13, walk into a fire hydrant yesterday. That must have hurt. He was walking funny after that. You know the height of fire hydrants, don't you ? ;D ;D He limped away still looking at that most important phone message.

I hope this message is too long for the phone users too.

I wouldn't want to wake any of them up.

They might realize the folly.

Then i wouldn't have so much to laugh at.

Thanks again, Pat

Cheers. Dan ;) ;D

One serious thing. I really don't like seeing a young mother pushing a stroller or carriage, with a small baby, across busy intersections while looking at their cells. A very common occurrence recently. It must be one hell of an important message to risk your child's life, let alone your own. Imagine the result if a driver is texting at the same time and doesn't see the red light !
   When I was parenting, my kid's safety was top priority !!!!! 

Users Online

94 Guests, 13 Users (13 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MadJack, KevinRiley2, disciplineandpunish, Taleback, DisplacedCatsFan, VICIOUSCIRCLE, rshmglsky, Grover, Mightygoose, chiefdkm, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)