FootbalYouBet

there are commercials that do nothing to really sell the product
there are commercials that are just plain stupid
there are commercials that are offensive

offensive commercial #1 - young lady gets into a really small car, says a couple of things good about the car, then asks how hard it is to park.  sheesh.  Are they trying to suggest that the average driver can't park a car as small as a beetle, in a mall parking lot space even.  Not even talking about parallel parking.  Who comes up with this stuff.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

DAN38

Have you ever sat in a parking lot(waiting for your wife) and watched how people drive? They can't park these tiny popcorn machines at all. The commercial is bang on IMO. I drove truck for years and most people can only drive half decent if they are going straight or downhill. Ask them to turn, backup or drive uphill and they are lost. Ever notice the long lines going uphill ? It's because people can't figure out that going uphill will slow the car down ::).
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

FootbalYouBet

Have you ever sat in a parking lot(waiting for your wife) and watched how people drive? They can't park these tiny popcorn machines at all. The commercial is bang on IMO. I drove truck for years and most people can only drive half decent if they are going straight or downhill. Ask them to turn, backup or drive uphill and they are lost. Ever notice the long lines going uphill ? It's because people can't figure out that going uphill will slow the car down ::).
I refuse to believe that being that pathetic is as routine as the commercial would have us believe.  The odd person here and there, pun intended, but I think the commercial is an exaggeration.  

DAN38

Why do you think they are developing cars that do the driving for us ?

The junkyards are full of go carts that people couldn't drive.

Next time you get the chance, sit in a parking lot and watch the chaos. These same people drive on the roads too !

oo DAWG oo

Next time you get the chance, sit in a parking lot and watch the chaos. These same people drive on the roads too !
Because not only are millenials needy..they are lazy too.
;)

Iconic SR

Human lazyness?

Proof that evolution is bunk?

DAN38

Laziness is a big part. It used to be difficult to drive. You had to pay attention. There were gears and clutches. The lights didn't turn on automatically. When the automatic transmission came out, the drivers started to get lazy. How many people today can drive a stick ? Hell, even the big rigs are auto now...You can't text and shift into third at the same time !!!!!!! This is why the drivers are bad. Cheap crap tiny go carts add to the chaos.

FootbalYouBet

everytime I see that ford escape commercial, my blood pressure goes up. grrrr

Iconic SR

Big government and big business looks forward to a society less capable and more controlled by programmable machines.

Imagine being injured and in a crisis situation where your survival depends on a millenial being able to drive a vehicle with you in it out of peril backwards using mirrors. 

You're gonna die, my friend.

RedandWhite

Imagine being injured and in a crisis situation where your survival depends on a millenial being able to drive a vehicle with you in it out of peril backwards using mirrors.

You're gonna die, my friend.
...unless you're with my daughter, who's a millenial, a reserve army medic and drives badass EMT rigs in the oilfields...sigh, stereotypes, they often backfire...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

DAN38

Millenials certainly don't have the bad driver category locked up. I distrust almost every single other driver out there. I am an equal opportunity driver distruster. I don't care how old you are, what sex you are, what religion you are, what country you are from or what colour you are. I DON'T TRUST YOU.

RedandWhite

I DON'T TRUST YOU.
...the motorcyclist's motto...

DAN38

I DON'T TRUST YOU.
...the motorcyclist's motto...

Don't get me started on bike riding. I've quit riding 3 times now because of the 4 wheelers. I don't think I'm going back this time unless I move. It's bad around here. They like to kill older bikers. So many close calls. It's just not enjoyable. You have to be on high alert at every second. I don't want to end up a stat.

Users Online

41 Guests, 4 Users (12 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FormerlyTurkish, stevehvh, TeddyFay, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)