TravelPat1

I was 6 - 2 with my picks being wrong with my Anaheim and Columbus picks. (Not always right with the number of games).

This round I'll go with:
Tampa in 7
Pens in 5
Knights in 6 
Preds in 7 

FootbalYouBet

I only picked 5 winning teams and only 1 in the right number of games.

Jets in 6
VGK in 6
Pens in 5
TB in 7
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

KevinRiley2

Winnipeg won game 1.

They look great.  Can they get by Las Vegas?  That is the big question.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

FootbalYouBet

Winnipeg won game 1.

They look great.  Can they get by Las Vegas?  That is the big question.
maybe they wont have to

FootbalYouBet

How the heck does one go from leading candidate for Vezina to complete dud in playoffs.

Family problems?

Undisclosed health problems?

Hank01

I was a surprising 7 of 8 on my NHL season post before playoff new subject .

Flyers were my only fault .

So on a roll I will guess and lose any momentum.

Lightning fight back and win in 7 .

Caps they have so much to prove and it's all uphill they win in 7 .

Knights fight another round and find a way to win again in 7.

Predators reach back and win in 7 but I like the Jets on a personal note .

I should go 0 for 4 .

Hank01

The Nashville Titan Linemen were having a good time drinking it up in the stands .

They were fully hammered pouring the booze down themselves .

Lyle B. Style

The Coaching Genius of Paul Maurice on display for all to see last nite. Surprised his Jets were able to drag Nashville to double-OT . . . Maurice dressing a washed up slob named Matt Hendricks - what the hay is Hendricks doing croxx-checking a defender on a Jets 2 on 0 that wipes out a crucial Jets goal??

Didn't help that Connor Hellybuyck was continually touted as 'The 2nd Coming' but ended up letting in 5 rubbers - 2 of which were straight on mid-range slappers.

Maurice is the losingest coach in NHL history - and he's only 53. Feel sorry for Jets games like Mark Schiefele, Dustin Buffalo-Butt & Paul Stasny - who all played their hearts out.

Obviously if the Jets young snipers like Patrik Laine, Nik Ehlers & Chuck 'The Rifleman' Connors can't find mesh - they're pretty much doomed.

Another classic Maurice botch - dressing and playing Tiny Toby Enstrom - the Jets slick d-man who has the physical staying power of Vern Troyer (aka mini-me)

Jets probably deserved to lose Game 1 - when Hellfire sawchuked the Preds but fully deserved to take last nite's affair albeit succumbing to queasy coaching, average goal-tending and a couple poor roster decisions!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

tony

The Coaching Genius of Paul Maurice on display for all to see last nite. Surprised his Jets were able to drag Nashville to double-OT . . . Maurice dressing a washed up slob named Matt Hendricks - what the hay is Hendricks doing croxx-checking a defender on a Jets 2 on 0 that wipes out a crucial Jets goal??

Didn't help that Connor Hellybuyck was continually touted as 'The 2nd Coming' but ended up letting in 5 rubbers - 2 of which were straight on mid-range slappers.

Maurice is the losingest coach in NHL history - and he's only 53. Feel sorry for Jets games like Mark Schiefele, Dustin Buffalo-Butt & Paul Stasny - who all played their hearts out.

Obviously if the Jets young snipers like Patrik Laine, Nik Ehlers & Chuck 'The Rifleman' Connors can't find mesh - they're pretty much doomed.

Another classic Maurice botch - dressing and playing Tiny Toby Enstrom - the Jets slick d-man who has the physical staying power of Vern Troyer (aka mini-me)

Jets probably deserved to lose Game 1 - when Hellfire sawchuked the Preds but fully deserved to take last nite's affair albeit succumbing to queasy coaching, average goal-tending and a couple poor roster decisions!
As a Jets outsider, (Habs fan), I have tuned in to the Jets playoff run as much as I can.
It has been exciting hockey to watch (as oppose to the extremely boring style of dump and chase/ play d everywhere on the ice that the Habs coaching staff employ) along with how the Winnipeg fans have embraced this team.

Thanks for the breakdown of the on ice roster put forth by Maurice.

Still plenty of hockey left for the Jets. Preds are a solid team, Stanly Cup finalists last season.
Rinne gave up a couple of bananas last night and from what I have seen, has done just that pretty much every playoff game.
Jets have a solid chance at sending Subban and his fellow ice mates to an early golf season. 

Lyle B. Style

As a Jets outsider, (Habs fan), I have tuned in to the Jets playoff run as much as I can.
It has been exciting hockey to watch (as oppose to the extremely boring style of dump and chase/ play d everywhere on the ice that the Habs coaching staff employ) along with how the Winnipeg fans have embraced this team.

Thanks for the breakdown of the on ice roster put forth by Maurice.

Still plenty of hockey left for the Jets. Preds are a solid team, Stanly Cup finalists last season.
Rinne gave up a couple of bananas last night and from what I have seen, has done just that pretty much every playoff game.
Jets have a solid chance at sending Subban and his fellow ice mates to an early golf season.
Based on what I've seen the Jets should be able to cobble a split in Winnipeg - sending the series back to Nashville tied 2-2. At that point superior coaching and firmer defense & goal-tending will kick in and the Preds prolly win 2 straight to advance!

Rumours abound in Wpg. that something wrong with Laine's arm or shoulder - impairing his ability to get much velocity/accuracy on his shots. Maurice should use the kid as a decoy - but he won't. Enstrom should not be on the ice against a pressing type of team like Nashville - just can't handle the heavy slogging.

Jets really need Joel Armia & French Perrault back in the lineup. Armia is a checking machine who can also pot the odd goal. Perrault is far more dangerous on the 2nd power play unit - vs. an obviously ailing Laine. Marko Dano should probably slide in for Hendricks, too!

tony

Thanks for the breakdown of the on ice roster put forth by Maurice.

Still plenty of hockey left for the Jets. Preds are a solid team, Stanly Cup finalists last season.
Rinne gave up a couple of bananas last night and from what I have seen, has done just that pretty much every playoff game.
Jets have a solid chance at sending Subban and his fellow ice mates to an early golf season.
Based on what I've seen the Jets should be able to cobble a split in Winnipeg - sending the series back to Nashville tied 2-2. At that point superior coaching and firmer defense & goal-tending will kick in and the Preds prolly win 2 straight to advance!

Rumours abound in Wpg. that something wrong with Laine's arm or shoulder - impairing his ability to get much velocity/accuracy on his shots. Maurice should use the kid as a decoy - but he won't. Enstrom should not be on the ice against a pressing type of team like Nashville - just can't handle the heavy slogging.

Jets really need Joel Armia & French Perrault back in the lineup. Armia is a checking machine who can also pot the odd goal. Perrault is far more dangerous on the 2nd power play unit - vs. an obviously ailing Laine. Marko Dano should probably slide in for Hendricks, too!
Forgot about Perreault. Yes he might be a more dangerous option especially if Laine if ailing.

Should be interesting. Looking forward to tomorrow night. First home game of this series in the Peg.

rshmglsky

I'm rooting for Las Vegas as I remember people giving the CFL hard time for an expansion team being in the Grey Cup in their second year of existence.

Lyle B. Style

Should be a special nite in Winnipeg tomorrow - sold out standing room only crowd of nearly 16,000 plus 25 to 40,000 roaming nearby streets.

Joyous pre-game and anthems but if Predators craft a way to spank the spunky Jets it could turn ugly. Drunk-ugly, vandalism ugly, police ugly!!!

everyman

You care to explain what you mean by stating that Maurice is " the losingest coach in NHL history"?
I have him at .520. over a 20 year NHL coaching career.

Lyle B. Style

Paul Maurice holds the current record of most losses by an NHL coach. Not necessarily a bad thing - it means he's had a long career with different teams, his current employer, the Winnipeg Jets are his longest at 5 years.

Maurice has accumulated a record 594 losses during his NHL coaching career.

But his winning percentage is a tad over .500 (.520 to be exact)

He's only crossed the .600 percentage 3 times (twice in Wpg., 3 years ago when the team had 99 pts. but were swept 4 straight by Anaheim in the 1st round; an amazing .695 this season (114 pts, 2nd overall in NHL) and once with Carolina (.603)

One can attribute high loss numbers and a mediocre winning percentage to a number of factors - more often than not team talent rules, after talent its the developmental system of the teams. Maurice's teams have a nasty habit of making playoff noise one year and then disappearing into the abyss the next.

His big #s in Wpg. are reflective of patient drafting and decent luck at the draft table (ie. Trouba, Morrissey, Schiefele, Laine, Ehlers, Connors, Hellybuyck, etc.) key free agent or trade acquisitions (Blade Wheeler, Dustin Byfuglien, Paul Stasny,Tyler Myers) and a nearby farm developmental AHL program (also in Winnipeg)

Users Online

111 Guests, 11 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MadJack, btharner, greenandwhite, Mightygoose, woody, Dr.Whiskey, RichardVeilleux, jim43bob, Cflukb69, Chewbaca1973, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)