TravelPat1

Whew! On to Game 6 we go at 7 ET Monday night.  Freddy Andersen steals one for the Leafs tonight as the Bruins dominated much of the game outshooting the Leafs 45 - 21.   

I was holding my breath for much of the last 10 minutes as the Bruins got chance after chance to tie the game - but the Leafs escape Boston with the win. 

It was nice to hear TSN (and CFL)  announcers Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert providing the play-by-play for the two games on NBC this afternoon and for parts of this evening's game I did listen to Doc Emrick's call of the Leafs game on NBC too - just to switch it up from the usual Hughson and Simpson call.      

FootbalYouBet

Whew! On to Game 6 we go at 7 ET Monday night.  Freddy Andersen steals one for the Leafs tonight as the Bruins dominated much of the game outshooting the Leafs 45 - 21.  

I was holding my breath for much of the last 10 minutes as the Bruins got chance after chance to tie the game - but the Leafs escape Boston with the win.

It was nice to hear TSN (and CFL)  announcers Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert providing the play-by-play for the two games on NBC this afternoon and for parts of this evening's game I did listen to Doc Emrick's call of the Leafs game on NBC too - just to switch it up from the usual Hughson and Simpson call.      
I never actually noticed CC doing both sports.  It is kind of impressive to be an efficient play by play of such two different sports.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

Lyle B. Style

Have to say the Leafs are at least even money to deadlock the series 3-3 back in Toronto.

If they can do that they'll be slight favorites to pull out the series in 7.

Main reasons: Andersen - he's singlehandedly "Sawchucking" the cubbies; slightly better team speed, slightly more mobile and coordinated defense. Finally, Baboonka is amongst the best overall coaches in the game - IF NOT THE BEST!

Homer announcing a bit tiring - but I'm getting used to Paul Romanuk & Galley. They were going out of there way to jinx Connor Hellybuyck out of his shutout last game - screaming about stats while play proceeded. But the Jets still won so why not extend Romey?

Favorites for 2nd round

Winnipeg vs. Nashville - Nashville in 5 (32% chance)
Nashville in 6 (30% chances); Winnipeg in 7 (38% chance)

Winnipeg vs. Colorado - Colorado in 5 (24% chance), Winnipeg in 6 (40% chance), Winnipeg in 7 (36%)

# of OT games in these potential series:

Wpg vs. Nash = 3 OTs
Wpg vs Col     =  2 OTs
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

Love the story that is Marc Andre Fleury, Gerrard Gallant and the Vegas Knights.

Happy to see the Jets advance. Good hockey. Fun to watch. 

Aerial

Can you or anyone imagine if the Knights win the SC?  Would be totally unreal.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Paolo X

Love the story that is Marc Andre Fleury, Gerrard Gallant and the Vegas Knights.

Happy to see the Jets advance. Good hockey. Fun to watch.
Those two team are the most fun teams to watch now in my opinion, and I like watching the Lightning and the Sharks too. That Washington-Columbus series is quite the battle too given how evenly-matched are those two teams.
Best Regards, Paolo

Paolo X

Whew! On to Game 6 we go at 7 ET Monday night.  Freddy Andersen steals one for the Leafs tonight as the Bruins dominated much of the game outshooting the Leafs 45 - 21.  

I was holding my breath for much of the last 10 minutes as the Bruins got chance after chance to tie the game - but the Leafs escape Boston with the win.

It was nice to hear TSN (and CFL)  announcers Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert providing the play-by-play for the two games on NBC this afternoon and for parts of this evening's game I did listen to Doc Emrick's call of the Leafs game on NBC too - just to switch it up from the usual Hughson and Simpson call.      
I never actually noticed CC doing both sports.  It is kind of impressive to be an efficient play by play of such two different sports.
I'm loving the coverage via NBC's networks down here too, including both with Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert, even though I just moved and don't get any games not on NBC or USA unless I stream them.

Sometimes the streams are via the CBC too.

Corrupt Comcast, here in its hometown of Philadelphia, does not even give us the NBC networks except Telemundo and USA on the lowest tier of cable. That's why I have to stream some games including for my Golden Knights. And this is even with net neutrality mind you! It's baffling, for I get Fox Sports 1 which is not their network. You would think Comcast would want to promote its own content right?  :-\

FootbalYouBet

very happy Nashville got it done.  I was worried.

Like all 4 west teams although I would have preferred the Kings just a little bit.

not liking the east so far. 

Lyle B. Style

Winnipeg vs. Nashville should be a heckuva series

IF

Connor Hellybuyck continues providing Sawchuckian like goaltending for Jets
Patrik Laine regains his amazing 1st 3/4 of season scoring touch - Laine hit a massive dry spell last 10 games of season
and has been OK, nothing special in series vs. Minny.

Nik Ehlers has already proven that he can't break thru heavy checking and bodies attacking him constantly so he's just an extra skater - BUT LAINE, NOW 20 with feeds from Paul Stasny should be THE SNIPER.

Jets D is almost as mobile as Nashville - almost as strong. Those are two big almosts.

Jets best players - Wheeler, Stasny, Laine, Scheifele, Byfuglien, Trouba, Morrisey have to continue being their best players. No passengers allowed. OK, Ehlers gets a hall pass cuz of lack of size and inability to maintain puck control in heavy going.

Don't know the entire Nash roster - but Jets may have better depth if injuries rule. Especially on defense - Jets are about 10 thick - not including Dmitri Khulikov who's still in recovery.

Both teams have 3 very good lines - Jets might have the better 4th. Not sure til I see the matchups!

Can't see series sweep by either but if Nash takes opening two home games - it could only go 5 (for the southern hicks)

joe

Is that Sawchuck as a Red Wing or a Ranger? :)

No soft goals and the Jets are in this. Wheeler and Byfuglien are playing exceptionally well and leading the way.

Sorry Paul Maurice, great season but coach of the year award goes to Gerrard Gallant.

Lyle B. Style

Is that Sawchuck as a Red Wing or a Ranger? :)

No soft goals and the Jets are in this. Wheeler and Byfuglien are playing exceptionally well and leading the way.

Sorry Paul Maurice, great season but coach of the year award goes to Gerrard Gallant.
Maurice will breathe a sigh of relief when the award goes to 'Bus Station' Gallant. Nobody likes that award - one year you're King of the World and the next year you're eating at Burger King.

Maurice will no doubt be one of the 3 finalists.

Gallant - Maurice - either the new kid in Boston or the Nashville guy

EastVanMark

Is that Sawchuck as a Red Wing or a Ranger? :)

No soft goals and the Jets are in this. Wheeler and Byfuglien are playing exceptionally well and leading the way.

Sorry Paul Maurice, great season but coach of the year award goes to Gerrard Gallant.
Sawchuck as a Leaf, or even an LA King.

Aerial

Hot goalie can win the Cup with a just above average team, the way it is I'm afraid.  :-\

c-way-dude

Is that Sawchuck as a Red Wing or a Ranger? :)

No soft goals and the Jets are in this. Wheeler and Byfuglien are playing exceptionally well and leading the way.

Sorry Paul Maurice, great season but coach of the year award goes to Gerrard Gallant.
Maurice will breathe a sigh of relief when the award goes to 'Bus Station' Gallant. Nobody likes that award - one year you're King of the World and the next year you're eating at Burger King.

Maurice will no doubt be one of the 3 finalists.

Gallant - Maurice - either the new kid in Boston or the Nashville guy
Probably the coach in Colorado (Bednar), given their massive improvement this season from the previous season.  If it weren't for Gallant, he would probably win.

tony

Gallant has to be the odds on favorite.
Who gave the team of misfits any shot of finishing the regular season where they did?
 


Users Online

56 Guests, 8 Users (6 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MrLucky, Lyle B. Style, Sidney, J5V, ExPat, raymarkca, Count Floyd, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)